There are two known ways to factory reset Huawei Y9 (2019) smartphone to wipe off all data and return the device to new. The Huawei Y9 factory reset is equivalent to format Huawei Y9 and Huawei Y9 hard reset.
When you format Huawei Y9 it will only clear all information on the internal memory and all MicroSD information remain intact.
However, it’s advisable to backup Huawei Y9 when you want to do a hard reset on your Huawei phone.
If you own the Huawei Y9 smartphone with 4GB RAM and 16GB ROM, one of the features you should know apart from how to take a screenshot on your Huawei Y9, how to record Huawei Y9 screen, and how to enable Huawei Y9 share feature should be how to hard reset Huawei Y9.
Format Huawei Y9 (2019)
This first approach is not a core hard reset of your Huawei Y9. However, it should first be considered before going for a hard reset on your Huawei.
- Go to your Huawei Y9 settings
- Click on the system
- Click on Reset
- Click on Factory data reset
- Tap on Reset Phone
Now, the factory reset will begin and all the accounts you have on the phone, app data and system settings, installed apps, music, photo, and all files on internal storage will be deleted.
All you messengers will also be deleted including WhatsApp, Gmail, Twitter, Messenger, and Huawei gallery.
Hard Reset Huawei Y9
The hard reset is more activate to the factory reset. However, you do this without power-on your Huawei Y9. Huawei Y9 hard reset will erase all files on internal storage, delete wallpaper, reset network settings.
- Turn off your Huawei Y9 smartphone
- Press and hold the power button + Volume up key together simultaneously.
- Huawei Y9 recover mode will popup
- Use the Volume down button to scroll down to “wipe data/factory reset” and press the power button to confirm it.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” using the power button if prompt again
- Scroll to “reboot system now” and press the power button to start
Now, your Huawei Y9 will reboot and it will wipe off all your phone internal storage.
This procedure to hard reset Huawei Y9 wipe off all files on your internal storage, the Huawei Y9 64GB internal storage. It won’t have a single effect on your external storage.
However, we recommend that you back up your Huawei Y9 before formatting.