If you have sauntered across this, then I guess you want to learn how to activate Starz on your Xbox and so you are seeking answers. Well, you have come to the right place as this article will provide you with the guidelines and all you need to successfully activate Starz on Xbox.
First of all, Starz is an extremely popular streaming service based in the US. It started in 1994 and has, since gained huge popularity among people from all across the world with its wide range of shows and movies. Starz is known to offer first run “premium” content.
The Xbox is a home video game console and the first installment in the Xbox series of video game consoles manufactured by Microsoft. It was released as Microsoft’s first foray into the gaming console market on November 15, 2001, in North America, followed by Australia, Europe and Japan in 2002.It is classified as a sixth-generation console.
You can enjoy Starz, once you activate it on your Xbox, either on Xbox One or Xbox 360. To do this, you must first sign up with Xbox. After that, you can navigate to the App Store and locate the Starz Play app.
Once you find it, you can install it. You might be asked to confirm and after you confirm, the app will get installed. You can then log in to the app using the Starz account credentials and enter the activation code to properly activate Starz on your Xbox.
This is just a quick rundown of everything, involving how to activate Starz on Xbox. In the paragraphs following, we will break it down step by step.
How To Sign Up on Xbox
If you don’t have an Xbox account follow the procedures below to sign up.
- Open your preferred web browser and go to the official Xbox website.
- Click the empty profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Click Create one.
- Enter your email address.
- Click Next.
- Enter a password for your Xbox account.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Click Next.
- Select your country or region from the drop-down menu and enter your birth date.
- Click Next
- You will now be sent a confirmation email to the email address you provided. Enter the code in the email and click Next
- Complete the security question and click Next.
Click I Accept.
Your Xbox account will now be created and you’ll automatically be logged in on the website.
You can now use your Xbox account’s login information to log in on your Xbox console and any of the Xbox apps.
How To Install Starz on Xbox
Once you are done signing up your Xbox, you can now go ahead to install and activate the Starz App on it. To get that done, you just need to do the following;
How To Install and Activate Starz on Xbox
- You will first start your Xbox and sign in.
- Then, select the Store and navigate to Apps.
- From there, find Starz Play and install.
- Confirm installation when prompted.
- Then, select Starz Play.
- Log in using your Starz account details.
- Navigate to Starz using any device.
- Enter the code on the screen into the box on the web page.
- Select Submit to register the device.
Once signed in and registered, your Xbox will populate all the movie and TV show listings and allow you to watch your content as you wish.
How to Activate Starz
Follow the steps below to get to know how you can activate the Starz app on your Xbox.
- Launch the Starz app on your Xbox console.
- Take note of the Starz activation code and activate.starz.com URL.
- Or click on activate device to populate what you need to activate the Starz app on your Xbox.
- Visit the Starz activation portal on activate.starz.com.
- Enter the Starz activation code and click on the submit button.
- Follow the instruction on the screen to finish up the Starz app activation on your Xbox.
How To Fix Starz Not Responding on Xbox
Does your Xbox One keep crashing to the home screen, freezes or refuses to load when you try loading your Starz app, this could be caused by several issues which we are going to discuss below.
1. Power Cycle The Xbox One:
Rebooting your Xbox One does the same magic that rebooting a PC does. The hard drive gets bogged down with processes the longer it runs, which can prevent games and apps from loading. Refreshing the system closes all of these processes, giving the CPU a clean slate to work with.
So to power cycle your Xbox, you can do these;
- Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.
- Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
- If you don’t see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat these steps. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.
2. Check to see if Xbox Network is Down:
Sometimes, system functions are affected by Xbox Network, so you can visit the Microsoft Xbox Network Status web page to see if the service you’re using is down.
To use the official method of checking the Xbox network status;
- Start by launching the Xbox Status site in a web browser on your Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Android phone.
- On the Status site, right at the top, you’ll see a message that gives you a general overview of various Xbox services.
- If this message reads “All Services Up and Running,” it means that Xbox servers aren’t facing any outages and are running just fine.
3. Uninstall the Starz App
If you have trouble with your Starz app, delete and reinstall it.
- Locate the Starz app in your applications list, then press the Home button and select Uninstall.
- Once finished, go to the uninstalled applications in your library to reinstall it.
- Wait for the Starz app to install and see if the issue is rectified.
4. Update the Xbox One Firmware
If your app is obsolete and outdated, it can begin to malfunction, so update the console to fix any potential firmware issues.
- Tap the Xbox button on your controller.
- Press RB three times.
- Select Settings.
- Select the System tab.
- Select Updates & downloads. Your Xbox One will inform you if an update is available.
Microsoft is quite unpredictable with its update cycle for Xbox, as it keeps providing new features on a near-monthly basis. To keep up to date with the latest information, make sure to bookmark your Xbox Insider Program section, where we’ll usually get a first look at the latest features.
How Many Xbox Are There
The Xbox console has evolved through the years from 2001 to present. Below is a list of Xbox consoles with the years they were invented.
- Original Xbox (2001 – 2009)
- Xbox 360 (2005 – 2016)
- Xbox 360 S (2010 – 2016)
- Xbox 360 E (2013 – 2016)
- Xbox One (2013 – 2016)
- Xbox One S (2016 – Present)
- Xbox One X (2017 – 2020)
- Xbox Series X (2020 – Present)
How To Cancel Starz Subscription
If it happens, that you want to cancel your subscription for any reason, simply follow these steps;
- Open your browser and go to starz.com.
- Log in to your Starz account.
- Select the Subscription link at the bottom of the page under the Account section.
- Click the Cancel Subscription link.
- Give a reason for canceling your subscription.
- Click Continue Cancellation.
If you decide to activate Starz on your Xbox, I will say you are making a wise decision because Xbox is one of the most powerful game consoles in the market.
With that said, we hope we have answered all the questions that bothered your mind on how to activate Starz on Xbox.
Be sure to keep an eye on this page for other related posts.