One channel with a plethora of TV shows is the Travel Channel. Once, you have been able to activate Travel Channel on your Apple TV, you can access all of its mind-blowing content.
As the name implies, Travel Channel is a place for consumers to experience content that gives them access to the world, this is one other reason why consumers activate Travel Channel on their Apple TVs.
Travel channel showcases shared human connections and engage talent who celebrate the surprising encounters that happen around the corner and the globe.
Known, as the world’s leading travel media brand, Travel Channel is available in nearly 91.5 million US cable homes, as of February 2015.
Besides the United States, Travel Channel is also televised in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia Pacific.
How To Activate Travel Channel on your Apple TV
Before we go deeper, Travel Channel is free, with your TV subscription. All you need do is sign in with your TV provider username and password as new episodes are added very often.
For you to be able to access the goodness and thrilling content this channel offers, you first have to activate the travel channel on your Apple TV or another device for that matter, but this article will be focusing on the Apple TV.
So these are the simple steps to follow and before you know it, you have a travel channel activated on your Apple TV.
- Using your remote, navigate to the Home screen, then search and access the Apple Store.
- Inside the Apple Store, navigate to the Search button, then search for Travel Channel.
- After the results are displayed on your screen, select the app and tap on Get to start the installation.
- When finished, the Travel Channel app will be found inside the home screen.
- Open the Travel Channel app, then go to Settings located on the top right side of the screen.
- From the list of available options, select Sign in with a code.
- Take a note of the activation code, then visit https://watch.travelchannel.com/activate from a desktop or mobile browser, insert the navigation code, and tap or click on Activate.
- Once activated, you can enjoy streaming the Travel Channel videos.
How To Screen Mirror Travel Channel On Apple TV
First of all, let us begin by saying that screen mirroring is the ability to display the contents of one display device on another device simultaneously.
Most laptops, smartphones and tablets have this capability and will automatically mirror their display when connected to a mirror.
These are some reasons why you could consider screen mirroring the Travel Channel on your Apple TV. Screen mirroring does the following;
- Facilitates collaboration by allowing team members to share their screens in real-time without a complicated setup.
- Supports the “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) model to increase efficiency and lower cost.
- Set up meetings among distributed teams quickly with minimal assistance from IT.
- Gain complete control over the content being shared without having to deal with cumbersome cables and device settings.
- Use simultaneous screen sharing to facilitate communications and increase productivity.
- Share any screen from any device to conduct a presentation without cumbersome hardware.
Okay, with that explained, this is how you can screen mirror travel channels on your Apple TV.
- Open the App Store and install Travel Channel GO on your iPad or iPhone.
- Now, connect the Apple TV and iPhone/iPad to the same WiFi connection.
- Play any video content on the Travel Channel GO app.
- Then, pull down the Control Centre on your iPhone/iPad and select the screen mirror option.
- You will see the casting device will start to search for the device and list out the available devices.
- From the list, choose your Apple TV.
- Now, you will see the Travel Channel TV shows will play on your TV screen. Voila!
How To Fix Travel Channel Not Working on Apple TV
You can successfully activate Travel Channel on Apple TV, but that does not guarantee that it will always function without hitches. This segment will discuss how you can fix those hitches once they come up.
1. Restart The Apple TV
You can get that done by;
- Pressing and holding both the Back (second-generation Siri Remote) or menu on (first-generation Siri Remote) and TV buttons on the Siri Remote until the Apple TV status light blinks rapidly.
- Then, disconnect Apple TV from the power outlet, wait five seconds, then reconnect it.
- Open Settings on Apple TV, go to System and select Restart.
- Launch back your Travel Channel, it should work fine now.
2. Clear The Cache on Apple TV
The good thing about caches, is they help to run the application faster, but sometimes, they could also pose a challenge. Let’s see the steps to clear these caches, and solve the issue that appeared due to full caches.
Apple TVs are designed such that deleting the application installed also deletes all its data including the cache. So, if you want to clear the cache on your Apple TV, you have to delete the application that is causing the issue. Doing this will delete the application as well as its cache data.
If you are facing an issue with a particular application, then deleting it and reinstalling may fix the issue. Here are the steps:
- Open Settings.
- Access the General tab and go to the Manage Storage option.
- Now, go to the Bin icon, here you will get the list of items(Apps).
- Select the app and press the Clickpad centre.
- Now, the app and all the data including the cache will remove from the device (Apple TV
3. Check For Internet Connection
Here’s what to do if your Apple TV isn’t working and you think it is an internet problem.
- First up you need to check that your Internet connection is working. Try connecting to the web using another device that’s on the same network as your Apple TV. If you can connect to the web via your iPhone or Mac, then the issue is unique to your Apple TV.
- On your Apple TV 4K or 4th generation Apple TV (with the App Store) go to Settings, then click on Network.
- If you have an older Apple TV, go to Settings, General, then Network.
- Check you are connected to the correct network. If you aren’t, choose the correct Wi-Fi network and enter your Wi-Fi password when asked.
- NOTE: If the network you are trying to connect to is a captive network your Apple TV won’t be able to use it. Captive networks are those in hotels, schools, universities and they usually require a secondary login, which is not possible to perform on an Apple TV.
- After logging into the Wi-Fi network see if the Apple TV works.
You can activate Travel Channel on several devices, but if you choose to do so on Apple TV, then these are steps to activate Travel Channel on your Apple TV.