This article will explain how to turn on a Roku TV without a remote if your Roku TV remote is damaged or has been lost. Meanwhile, it will be better to have a remote to turn your Roku TV with a remote than to look for a way to replicate the same way to turn on your Roku TV without a remote.
A TV remote is an integral part of a smart TV and streaming devices such as a Roku. It reduces the stress of controlling your TV with the TV side or back button. But, if the Roku TV remote is out of reach or is damaged, how would you control your Roku TV without a remote?
We consider how to turn a TCL without a remote in this article. Don’t hesitate to check it out or recommend the article for a friend if you have a TCL device without a remote.
Don’t miss how to fix the TCL Roku TV remote not working that we share in this article if your TCL Roku TV is giving you a headache.
So, here today, we will take a look at all possible ways on how to turn on a Roku TV without a remote.
How to Turn on Roku TV without a Remote
There are a few ways that are available to turn on your Roku TV without using a remote. But, to be able to utilize both methods, it’d mean that you have all the requirements.
Therefore, we will discuss all methods to turn on Roku TV without a remote in this article.
- Turn on Roku TV using the power button without a remote
- Turn on your Roku TV without a remote using the official Roku App.
- Use Nintendo Switch to Turn on Roku TV without a Remote.
- Turn on the Roku TV with a PS4.
The first and second method to turn on a Roku TV without a remote seems to be the easiest while the other two methods require you to have the named devices [Nintendo Switch and PS4].
Therefore, we will discuss all these methods on how you can switch on your Roku TV without using the TV remote.
How to Connect Roku Player App and TV to the Same Network
When the idea to turn on your Roku TV without using a remote came to your mind without a PS4 or Nintendo Switch, the thought of how to connect Roku TV and the Roku official App should also bother you.
Therefore, I quickly walk you through the process to connect your Roku remote app to the same mobile hotspot network that your Roku device was last connected to.
Meanwhile, it has to be a device with a hotspot feature. it could be a Windows or Mac or smartphone or even an iPad. What is necessary here is for the device to have a hotspot feature that allows the device to stand a Wi-Fi for other devices.
- Get a device that has a Hotspot feature.
- Give the device Hotspot the same name you Roku TV last connected to.
- Connect the phone you want to install the official Roku TV remote app onto the hotspot.
- Download and install the Roku TV remote app on the device that you use to connect to the hotspot and not the device that the hotspot is set on.
- Close the Roku TV app remote if the app is opened already.
- Go to Device on the Roku TV app.
- Scan and select the name of your Roku player.
- Tap on the “Remote” icon once you have selected the name of your Roku player.
- Use the Remote app navigation button to go to the Roku player settings on the app.
- Navigate and select the “Network” option.
- Scroll to “Setup connection” and choose “Wireless“
- Select the “OK” button on the remote app.
- Select the name of the new network that was created on the hotspot to match the name of the network that the Roku device was connected to before.
- Input the Hotspot password and select “Connect.”
Now, when you select the name of the hotspot or WiFi you connected to and it’s similar to the name of the wireless network your Roku TV connected to when it was lasted connected to the internet it will be easier for you to use the Roku app to turn on and control the Roku TV on the same network with the app on the smartphone.
Don’t miss how to reset the Roku TV remote if you think the remote is damaged.
How to Turn on Roku without Remote using the Power Button
The first option to turn to when you can’t find your Roku TV remote is to use the TV power button to see if it’ll help. And if it does work, you can stick to that pending when you will get a new remote control for your Roku device.
- Locate the Roku TV panels or buttons at the back or side or even under the Roku.
- Press the “Power” button for about 2 seconds.
- Release the power button.
Instantly, the Roku TV should turn on. This might be stressful, but it is better to use the Roku power button to turn on the Roku TV when your Roku player remote is not available than feeling distressed because of the remote.
How to Turn on Roku TV without a Remote using a Mobile App
We will start this discussion on how to turn on Roku TV without a remote by using the official Roku app for Android and iOS (iPhone and iPad).
- Download and install the official Roku app on your Android or iOS.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi that you used to connect the Roku TV to automatically and connect the smartphone you installed the Roku app to the same WiFi.
- Launch the Roku App on your smartphone and tap on “Device.”
- The App will search for all the devices on the same network. If your Roku device is connected to the same network as your phone the Roku TV will appear on the list on the Roku TV App.
- Find your Roku TV from the listed device and click on the Remote icon underneath it.
- The remote icon will pop up your Roku TV control on the app for navigation and control the Roku TV.
The app can be used to control your Roku until you get another Roku TV remote. And you’d want to embark on the mission to get a new Roku TV remote as soon as you can because to this method, both the Roku TV and the Roku app must be connected to the same Wi-Fi.
How to Turn on Roku TV without a Remote using Nintendo Switch
Here is the trick to turn on your Roku TV using your Nintendo hybrid console.
- Connect your Nintendo Switch to your Roku TV [turned off] using the dock.
- Turn on your Nintendo Switch and go to “System settings >> TV settings >> Turn on Match TV Power State.”
So fast. Once this is activated on the Nintendo Switch, the Roku TV will turn on whenever you choose to turn on your console.
How to Turn on a Roku TV without a Remote with PS4
This method to turn on the Roku TV without a remote works on the TCL Roku device. But, using the Roku power button or official app to turn on your Roku TV is highly recommended for those that are without a PS4 console.
- Ensure that you connect your PS4 to your Roku TV via an HDMI.
- Turn on the PS4 console after it has been connected to your Roku.
- Navigate to your PS4 Home screen.
- Go to Settings >> System settings.
- Check the box on “Enable HDMI Device Link.”
Now, whenever you turn on your PS4 console, the associated TCL Roku TV will also be turned on.