Twitch TV is a wonderful online streaming service that consists of unique content. However, some of it can be very difficult to watch on your iPhone’s small screen, but there is a way to use your Apple TV as a means to watch it on your TV.
Although, Apple TV does not have a dedicated channel for Twitch the app is available for mobile devices and video game consoles, such as iOS, Android, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and Firestick. Activate Twitch TV on Apple TV.
Note that the steps for activating Twitch are different from platform to platform, but fortunately, you can watch your favorite streams on your desired device if you follow the correct steps we will be exposing you to in this article. Learn how to activate Twitch TV on Apple TV here.
Every Twitch subscriber who is yet to activate their channel must get it activated compulsorily before they can enjoy the entertainment services. In case you recently purchased a subscription at Twitch then you need to activate it.
Activation is available online on the Twitch television network provider website (https://www.twitch.tv/activate). It’s possible to also activate your channel for popular media streaming devices. However, if you have an iPhone, you can use it and the Twitch app to AirPlay content from the app to your Apple TV. Activate Twitch TV on Apple TV.
There are two basic options on how to watch Twitch content on your iOS device. You can either view live Twitch video directly on your preferred iOS browser, or simply visit http://twitch.tv on your mobile browser. You are at the right destination if you are looking forward to a guide on how to activate Twitch TV on Apple TV. You can find the step-by-step activation procedure below.
Register An Account On Twitch TV
You need to have a Twitch account because this will allow you to keep track of all the broadcasters you are following, as well as receive different push notifications when they go live. Twitch App also allows you to participate in chat, view Twitch streams across WiFi networks and cellular data, utilize Airplay to watch your favorite live streams on the big screen, and much more. Sign up for a Twitch account by following the steps below:
- Navigate to twitch.tv and select the Sign-Up option at the top-right side of your browser window.
- Create a username for yourself on Twitch. (It could be a nickname or a pet name).
- Choose a password you can always remember.
- Fill in your date of birth (This is just to verify your age to ensure you are not a minor)
- Enter a valid and verified email address (You will receive all notifications and news from Twitch on this Email).
- Ensure you agree with the Terms of Service, then click on Sign Up to complete the registration.
Congratulations! Now, you have a place on Twitch in the sense that you have an active Twitch account. Practically, from here, you can start live streaming.
How to Install Twitch On Apple TV
Unlike Samsung smart TV, Apple TV has an official legit Twitch app that can be installed from the App Store. Your channel can be easily customized by adding a catchy Twitch overlay and alerts. Follow the easy steps below to install Twitch TV on your Apple TV:
- Switch on your Apple TV and connect it to a fast WiFi network.
- Go to the home screen and select App Store
- Locate the search icon on the top of the screen.
- Type Twitch in the search bar and tap the search icon
- Choose the official Twitch app from the search result.
- On the app info page, click the Get button to download the app.
- Do the installation, and launch the Twitch app.
- To get the activation code, tap the Sign-in menu.
- Go to the Twitch activation site (www twitch.tv/activate)on your PC or smartphone browser (Ensure it’s not on incognito mode).
- Click on Activate after entering the Activation Code.
- Sign in to your Twitch account (with your username and password) and wait for a few seconds.
- Once activated, the Twitch app on Apple TV will display the media content.
How to Activate Twitch TV on Apple TV
You can watch your favorite streamers and games on your Apple TV by activating Twitch TV with these free and easy steps. Just like Android TV, you can directly install and activate Twitch TV without having to buy another streaming device. Below is how to activate Twitch TV on Apple TV using the Twitch activation code. Follow the steps below carefully:
- Switch on your Apple TV, then ensure your iPhone and Apple TV are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network source.
- Open the Twitch TV app on your iPhone.
- Search for the video you want to watch via your Apple TV and start playing it.
- Click on the video to show the on-screen menu.
- Tap the screen icon and select the Apple TV option.
- Within a few seconds, the video will start playing on your Apple TV.
How to Airplay Twitch On Apple TV
Here are guidelines to follow to enable you to live stream the Twitch app content on your TV screen via Apple TV. Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD users can install the Twitch app from the App store. If you have an older model of the TV, along with installing the Twitch app, you can airplay the Twitch streams from your iPhone or to Apple TV. Below are the steps:
- Ensure your Apple TV and iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Install the Twitch TV app on your iPhone from the App store.
- Choose the video you want to stream on your Apple TV and start playing it.
- Tap the Airplay icon
- Select the Apple TV from the list of nearby available devices.
- You can view the video playing on the TV screen after a few seconds.
It’s very important to have the Twitch TV app on your iPhone for this practical. Kindly let us know if you were able to activate Twitch TV on Apple TV successfully in the comment box below. Thanks for reading.