TruTV formerly called Court TV is one of the American-based cable and satellite TV channels owned by the Turner Broadcasting System division of AT&T’s WarnerMedia. It mostly streams crime-thriller shows, criminal cases coverage, and legal dramas before. Presently TruTV mainly streams comical reality shows, sitcoms, and different documentary series. However, in this article, you will learn how to activate TruTV on different devices using trutv.com/activate.
TruTV app offers both on-demand and live streaming access to the programing made available via the cable network. Most content of the TruTV does not require the app to be activated via a subscription TV provider, the app has some free content, including full episodes for free.
A live stream is quite a necessity for the app since some college basketball games, like March Madness coverage, are only available on truTV. However, TruTV has a limitation of not being able to pause or rewind the video while viewing the live stream. TruTV app is free, and you can install the app on Android, iOS, Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, for free from their respective App Store.
A cable TV subscription is not necessary to watch TruTV. It’s possible to watch TruTV shows online immediately after they air on TV. You can activate TruTV on compatible streaming devices like a Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, etc. You could also use one of the following live TV streaming services that support TruTV like Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, DIRECTV Stream, or YouTube TV.
TruTV has its TV unlimited app that you can install on your streaming devices and access the contents by signing in with your pay-TV service provider like AT&T TV, DirecTV, Spectrum, Optimum, Fios, etc. Likewise, you can stream the content without any cable operators.
Compatible TruTV Streaming Devices
The following are streaming devices supported by the TruTV app. You can watch its content seamlessly via these devices listed below:
- Amazon Fire TV or Firestick
- Apple TV
TV Streaming Services that Supports TruTV
There are so many streaming services accessible for viewers all over the World presently but below are the TruTV supported TV streaming services:
- Sling TV
- Hulu Live TV
- DIRECTV Stream
- YouTube TV
- AT&T TV
Activate TruTV on Firestick
Firestick is one of the very popular streaming devices that provides hundred of streaming apps and live TV channels. TruTV is one of the live TV channel apps that is available on the Amazon Firestick App Store. Follow the steps below to activate TruTv seamlessly on your Firestick:
- Ensure your Firestick streaming device is connected to the internet.
- On the Fire TV home page, tap the Find option to select Search.
- Type TruTV on the search screen using the screen keys.
- Choose the TruTV app from the search results.
- Tap the Get button or Download button on the channel information screen.
- TruTV app will be downloaded and installed successfully on your streaming device.
- Open the TruTV app to launch on your Firestick.
- Click on Sign in and an activation code will be displayed on your TV screen.
- Navigate to www.trutv.com/activate/ using a browser on your smartphone or PC.
- Select Amazon Fire TV from the Select a Device drop-down.
- Enter the activation code in the next screen, and tap Submit.
- Restart the TruTV app now on your Firestick and it will load the contents to stream.
Activate TruTV on Roku
TruTV on Roku is a “TV Everywhere channel” that requires viewers to subscribe to a participating TV service to get unlimited access to the channel. In case you don’t have a cable/satellite account you can still watch a lot of unlocked interesting episodes. To activate TruTV on Roku, follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to a TV streaming service that supports TruTV (like Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, YouTube TV, or DIRECTV Stream)
- From your Roku Menu, go to “Search” and tab “OK” on your remote control.
- Input the name of the TV streaming service you subscribed to in the search bar.
- Choose the streaming service from the search results and select “OK”.
- Download the TruTV channel on your Roku device.
- After installation, set up the TruTV app and copy the TruTV activation code.
- Navigate to www.trutv.com/activate/ using a browser on a smartphone or PC.
- Click “Add Channel” and tab “OK” on your remote control.
- In case the channel is installed already, then navigate “Go To Channel”.
- Enter the activation code displayed on your Roku in the box provided.
- Click Submit
- Open the app, and sign in with the details used in subscribing to the service.
- TruTV will be a channel available through the app’s live TV guide.
- Enjoy watching various content on TruTV seamlessly.
Activate TruTV on Apple TV
To watch and activate TruTV on Apple TV, follow the instructions below. Here is the step-by-step guideline on how to activate TruTV on Apple TV:
- Choose a streaming service that supports TruTV ( like Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, YouTube TV, and DIRECTV Stream) and subscribe to it.
- Navigate to the right towards the search icon in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Input the name of the streaming service you subscribed to in the search bar.
- Choose the streaming service, tap the cloud icon, and the channel will be installed.
- The TruTV app is now installed on your Apple TV.
- Launch the TruTV app, and log in with the details you used while subscribing to the service.
- An activation code will be displayed on your screen.
- Note down the activation code somewhere safe.
- Navigate to www.trutv.com/activate/.
- Input the activation code generated by your Apple TV box.
- Then click on submit.
Now you have unlimited access to TruTV’s interesting content anywhere you are.
How to Watch TruTV Without Cable
A cable TV subscription is not necessary to watch TruTV. It’s possible to watch TruTV shows online immediately after they air on TV. All you need do is subscribe to live TV streaming services that support TruTV like Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, DIRECTV Stream, or YouTube TV. You can access TruTV content seamlessly.
TruTV is one of the channels provided by the Sling Blue Pack, you can also get the channel with the combined pack. Sling Blue pack costs $35 per month while the Sling TV combined pack costs $50 per month. You have unlimited access to TruTV, HGTV, A&E, etc., with about 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. You can install Sling TV on your streaming device to stream TruTV content.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu on various streaming devices provides TruTV also with TNT, HGTV, FX, A&E, etc. This streaming service offers almost 65+ live TV channels and millions of on-demand content. If you use Hulu + Live TV, you stand the chance to enjoy absolute entertainment at $64 per month and $70.99 per month (Ad-free). It also comes with 50 hours of cloud storage and 2 simultaneous streams. Isn’t that amazing!
This is another streaming service to get the TruTV on your streaming device. You can install AT&T TV on your device to get almost 100+ live TV channels. It provides 4 different subscription packs ranging from $69.99 per month to $139.99 per month. You can also get close to 65000+ on-demand movies and TV shows with cloud-based DVR and 3 concurrent streams.
DIRECTV Stream is another medium you can watch TruTV. Channel packages with TruTV begin at $69.99 per month. A subscription to DIRECTV Stream gives you access to watch 3 streams simultaneously per subscription, a cloud-based DVR, channels like TruTV, and more, DIRECTV stream is compatible with AppleTV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and so on.
YouTubeTV is also available carries on the TruTV channel lineup with unlimited storage space for recording your shows. Your collection of recorded shows can be streamed anywhere. YouTube TV offers TruTV, Local Network Channels, and over 70 other channels, limitless cloud DVR storage, you can stream on three devices all at once. Youtube TV also supports Android, iOS, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, and a lot more. Note that the YouTube TV app isn’t available on Roku. However, users can use YouTube TV via the YouTube app on Roku devices. Youtube TV offers a 1-week free trial but after the 1-week free trial, YouTube TV costs $64.99 per month.
I hope this article on how to activate TruTV on various devices has opened your eyes to various ways you could watch TruTV seamlessly. Kindly feel free to drop your comments in the section below and let’s know what you think about this post. For a related article on TruTV, click here.