In this guide, we’ll discuss Prime Video and how it can be activated on devices using amazon.com/mytv.
Prime Video launched by Amazon, in 2005 is a streaming platform that has steadily grown among a large group of audiences, especially in the US. Amazon Prime Video now has up to a 200million plus subscribers and is available in 22 countries as of October 2021.
Prime Video supports many devices which can be used to stream the service, it however comes at a price. The subscription on Amazon Prime Video is about $12.99 monthly and about $119 yearly. Keep it at the back of your mind that you need to subscribe to Amazon Prime video first before you can begin the activation process.
The activation process can be done in two ways on Amazon Prime Video. You can either activate your device in-app or activate your device on the Amazon website. You would require an activation code however if you choose to activate it on the Amazon website. Also, ensure your device is compatible and supported by Amazon Prime Video before attempting to activate it.
Supported devices on Amazon.com/mytv
Amazon.com/mytv supports varieties of devices. From Smart TVs to Streaming devices. Here is the list of supported devices on amazon.com/mytv.
- SMART TVS
- Sony Smart TV: Live Streaming and Live ad support are compatible on 2014 Bravia; 2015/2016 Simple Smart TVs; 2015 and newer Android TVs.
- Samsung Smart TV: Live Streaming and Live ad support are compatible with 2015 and newer TV models.
- Panasonic Smart TV.
- LG Smart TV: Live Streaming and Live ad support are compatible with 2016 released models and newer.
- Vizio Smart TV: Liev Streaming and Live ad support are compatible with 2015 released models and newer.
- Hisense, Phillips, SKY Glass, Sharp
- JVC, Grundig, TCL, AOC, Konka, Xiaomi, Skyworth, Changhong, Haier, Vestel (doesn’t offer Live ad-support or ad-supported channels)
- STREAMING DEVICES
- Google Chromecast
- NVIDIA Shield
- Tivo (doesn’t offer Live ad-support or ad-supported channels)
- Apple TV: Live Streaming and Live ad support are compatible with Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (3rd and 4th generation).
- Xiaomi, Sky Q, Now TV, KPN, Jio, Elsys, Bouygues, SFR, Rogers, Shaw, Telstra, Tatasky, Airtel, Iliad, Masmovil, Vodafone, Orange.
- COMPUTER BROWSERS
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- MOBILE DEVICES
- Android devices (and Tablets)
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)
- PlayStation (PS3, PS4, and PS5)
- Xbox (Xbox One, Series S, Series X, and Xbox 360)
Amazon.com/mytv on Amazon Fire TV/Fire Stick
Prime Video comes pre-installed on all Fire TV and FireStick devices. You also wouldn’t be requiring an activation process to launch the app on this device. You however have to ensure you have an Amazon account, and you are signed in to the account.
Here are the steps required to watch Prime Video on Amazon TV.
- Turn on your Fire TV/ Fire Stick device.
- Once turned on, sign in using your Amazon account.
- If you don’t have an Amazon account yet, you should create one at this point.
- Press the home button on your remote controller.
- Once done, you would have instant access to content on Amazon’s Prime Video.
Activate amazon.com/mytv on Roku
Certain versions of the Roku device can also stream Prime Video. Roku however has to be manually activated, unlike Fire TV devices that give instant activation. Before activating Roku on amazon.com/mytv ensure you have an Amazon account.
Here are the steps required to activate amazon.com/mytv on Roku
- Turn on your Roku device.
- From your Roku Home Screen, go to your Channels Store.
- On your Channels Store, use the search icon to search for Prime Video.
- Once found, click on the app and “Add channel”. Prime Video would be added to your channel list.
- Go to your channel list to access the app. Once found, launch the app.
- Once launched, you can activate your device in two ways. You can either select “sign in and start watching” or select “register on Amazon website”.
- If you select “sign in and start watching”, you would be asked to enter your Amazon account details.
- Once you’ve done that, Amazon would review your subscription status and prompt an activation.
- If you select “register on Amazon website”, you would be provided with a unique code.
- This code is an activation code, please take note of it.
- Using your mobile device or PC, visit amazon.com/mytv
- On the website, sign in using your Amazon account.
- On the next page, enter the activation code provided and click “Activate.”
Amazon.com/mytv on Xbox
Prime Video can also be streamed on your Xbox console after installation on your device. It can be streamed on Xbox One and Xbox 360. However, make sure you have an Amazon account and an active subscription to Prime Video.
Here are the steps to take to activate amazon.com/mytv on Xbox
- From your Xbox home screen, visit the Microsoft Store.
- On the Microsoft Store, use the search icon to search for Prime Video.
- Once found on your Microsoft Store on it and download to your device.
- Once downloaded, visit your apps section.
- On your apps section, click on Prime Video and launch.
- Once launched, you can activate Prime Video in two ways. You can either activate Prime video on the app itself or activate on Amazon website.
- If you want to prompt activation on the app, just select “sign in and start watching”. You would be asked to sign in to your Amazon account so Amazon can verify your subscription status.
- If you want to activate on the Amazon website, simply select “register on Amazon website”
- You would be given a unique code once you select the latter. Simply take note of the activation code and visit amazon.com/mytv.
- On the website, you would be asked to sign in using your Amazon account information.
- Once you’ve signed in, you would be requested to enter your activation code.
- Enter the activation code provided to you and click activate.
- Your subscription status would be reviewed and in some moments, you would be granted access to stream on Prime Video.
Amazon.com/mytv on Apple TV
You can have access to the Prime Video using your Apple TV device. All you have to do is to ensure you are signed in to your Amazon account and have a subscription to watch Prime Video.
To start streaming Prime Video on your Apple TV using amazon.com/mytv
- Ensure you have the Prime Video app installed on your device. If it’s not, you may have to download it on the Apple Store.
- On your Apps store, use the search icon to search for Prime Video.
- you would see it in search results. Select it and install it on your device.
- Once installed, you should launch the app in your apps list.
- Once launched, you can activate your device in two ways.
- You can activate your account on the app by signing in using your Amazon account. On the other hand, you can activate it on Amazon’s website.
- To activate on the website, click “register on website” and you would be instantly granted an activation code. Take note of this activation code.
- Simply visit amazon.com/mytv using your mobile device or PC.
- You would be asked to sign in to your Amazon account. Please do so.
- Once you’ve done that, you would be redirected to a page where you would be asked to enter your activation code. Please do so.
- Once you’ve entered your activation code, your subscription status would be reviewed and you would be granted activation.
Amazon.com/mytv on PlayStation
Amazon Prime Video can be streamed on consoles such as PlayStation and Xbox devices. It can be downloaded on PS3, PS4, and PS5. To activate, you need to download the app from your Google Play Store. However, remember you have to have an account with Amazon to be able to access Prime.
Here are the activation process required to activate Prime Video on PlayStation
- From your PlayStation Home Screen, visit the PlayStation Store.
- On the PlayStation Store, search for Prime Video.
- Once found, select it from the search results and download it to your PlayStation device.
- Once installed, simply go to the app to launch.
- Upon launch, you would be offered two activation methods.
- Click on “register using amazon website” if you have a mobile device or PC browser.
- If you don’t have one, you can also activate it from the app which is the second option.
- Once you select “Register on the website”, you would be provided with a code. This code is your activation code.
- Simply visit amazon.com/mytv. You would be prompted to sign in to your Amazon account.
- After you’ve signed in, you would be redirected to a page where you can input your activation code.
- Once you’ve inputted the activation code, your subscription status and your profile would be checked. Once that is successful, you can start streaming Prime Video on your PlayStation device.
Amazon.com/mytv on Samsung Smart TV
Samsung Smart TV is one of the many smart TVs that can stream Prime Video. Installation and download of Prime Video using amazon.com/mytv are like every other activation process with a few differences.
Here is the step by step guide on how to activate Prime Video on your Samsung Smart TV
- Switch on your Samsung TV.
- From your Samsung, visit the Samsung Smart Hub.
- On this place, use the search icon to search Prime Video.
- From the results, download the app to your Samsung Smart TV.
- Once downloaded, simply launch the app from your device.
- You would be provided with an activation code the moment you sign up.
- Visit amazon.com/mytv using your mobile phone or PC.
- On this website, you would be asked to sign in. Please do
- You would be directed to a page where to asked to enter an activation code.
- Enter your activation code in the space provided and click activate.
- Your device would automatically be activated the moment you complete this process.
How to fix issues of activation not working on amazon.com/mytv
- Ensure that your account is still active.
- Recheck your internet connection.
- Try using Prime Video on another device, and if it works there, reboot the first device.
- Restart the device or reinstall the app.
- Close all unimportant networks or apps.
There we have it, an easy guide on how to activate Prime Video on several devices. Activating this would help you stay connected to the latest. Amazon Prime Video holds lots of exclusive content that would make all your streaming hours worthwhile.
The app is also very available on smartphones and can be downloaded like any normal app on your Apps Store. The app however comes preinstalled on Xfinity and all Fire TV devices. You can start streaming on your device with a free trial. Automatic billing would start after the end of your free trial. If this article helped, let us know in the comments. You may also want to check out how to activate Amazon Prime Video.