Name a smart TV or streaming device you want to activate HBO go on and this article will show you the steps to do that. If you have an HBO Max account you would probably know or want to check out HBO Go to know the difference.
So, once you have an HBO subscription it’s obvious that you can access and stream HBO Go on your choice of supported devices. So, with your HBO subscription, you can activate HBO Go on Roku or Apple TV, or other supported devices without paying an extra cost.
However, the price to pay to activate HBO Go is to have a TV provider’s network account to link the HBOGo service and your TV with an activation code (HBO Go activation code) and hbogo.cz/activate or hbogo.ro/activate, hbogo.com/activate, depending on your location.
Meanwhile, the HBO Go server automatically detects the region and shows the HBO Go activation link on the TV screen alongside the activation code and instruction.
HBO Go Supported Devices
We will discuss how to activate HBO Go on the following supported smart TVs and streaming devices.
- Apple TV
- Samsung TV
- Fire TV or Fire Stick TV
How to Activate HBO Go on Roku
There are two ways to complete the Roku HBO Go activate. And here we will discuss the simplest method to add the HBO Go app to your Roku streaming device and activate the HBO Go app on the device.
Follow the steps below to activate HBO Go on your Roku streaming gadget.
- Go back to your Roku homepage. Press the “Home” button to do this.
- Scroll down and select “Streaming Channel” to the left of the screen.
- If the HBO app didn’t appear on the Featured Lists scroll down and select “Search Channel” otherwise click on it.
- Search for “HBO Go” and select “Add Channel.”
- Wait for the HBO app to be downloaded and be added to your Roku. Go to your Roku homepage the HBO Go or Max app will be added to the homepage.
- Open or launch the HBO Go app on the Roku device.
- Select “Sign In” and choose the option to activate using code if the activation code did not appear on the TV screen.
- Go to https://www.hbogo.com/activate or a similar link on your TV screen. If it redirected the page to activate.hbogo.com, just proceed.
- Enter the HBO Go code that appears on your TV screen and select “Next.”
- Select your TV Provider and enter your username and password (TV provider’s login) and select submit or enter.
Wait for both the code and TV provider’s login to be authenticated. The time taken to activate the Roku device may last for a couple of seconds or minutes. Once the activation process is done, the code on the TV screen and hbogo.com/activate or its variants will disappear and load your HBO subscription on the streaming device.
How to Activate HBO Go on Xbox
If the HBO Go service is available in your location then you can utilize the opportunity to activate the streaming service on your Xbox game console. Therefore, here, we will discuss how to activate HBO Go on the Xbox console.
- Switch on your Xbox game console and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Use the Microsoft apps store search function to search for “HBO Go” and select the app from the search results or suggestions.
- Select “Download” to download and install the HBO Go app on your Xbox device.
- Launch the HBO Go app once the app has been downloaded and added to your Xbox.
- Select “Sign in or Login” and take note of the activation code that appears on the TV screen and hbogo.com/activate or its variant based on your location.
- Open a tab on your Smartphone or PC browser and go to https://hbogo.com/activate or the activation link that appears on your TV screen if it’s different from what we have here.
- Enter the HBO Go activate code as it’s on the TV screen and select “Next” to proceed.
- Find your TV Provider’s name from the available list, select it and enter your username and password to sign in to your account.
Once the HBO Go activate code and the TV Provider’s details have been authenticated or confirmed, the code and hbogo.com/activate on the TV screen will disappear and remove restrictions from watching and following your favorites on the HBO Go app on your Xbox.
How to Activate HBO Go on Apple TV
We take a turn to discuss how to activate HBO Go on Apple TV here. Just follow the steps as discussed.
- Press the “Home” button on your “Apple TV” remote to return to the home screen.
- Select to open the “Apple Store” on the TV.
- Navigate to the “Search” column and search for “HBO Go.”
- Select the “HBO Go” app from the search results or the search pop-up.
- Select “Get” to download and add the HBO Go app to your Apple TV.
- Launch the “HBO Go” app on your TV [Apple] and select “Sign In.”
- Visit the HBO GO activation link that appears on your TV screen on a browser on a computer or Android/iPhone or tablet.
- Enter the “HBO Go activation” that appears on the TV screen and select “Next.”
- Select your “TV Provider” and sign in to your account with the provider’s username and password to access the HBO Go service on the Apple TV.
Now, you can proceed to select a video you want to watch from the HBO Go app on your Apple TV and start streaming.
Don’t miss “HBOMax.com/sign in TV code
How to Activate HBO Go on Fire TV
If you ever want to activate HBO Go on Fire TV or Fire Stick TV here is the guide you need to follow.
- Go to the Amazon apps store on your Fire TV.
- Search for “HBO Go” using the search box and select the “Get” or “Download” icon to download and install the HBO Go app on your Fire TV or Fire Stick TV.
- Launch the “HBO Go” app and select “Activate your Device” or “ Sign In.”
- The HBO Go app will display the Fire TV activation code and the activation link. The activation link is usually hbogo.com/activate. But, if the link is different then that is the activation link for your region.
- Go to https://hbogo.com/activate/firetv and enter the code on your TV screen and select “Next.”
- Select your device (Fire TV or Fire Stick TV) and select your TV provider name and log into your account with your username and password.
Hang on for as long as the activation code is under processing. This may last for a couple of minutes. Once the activation code has been authenticated by the TV provider the restriction placed on the HBO Go movies will be removed and you are good to go.
How to Activate HBO Go on Samsung TV
The process to activate HBO Go on Samsung TV might not work on the Samsung Smart TV Tizen-powered OS. However, you can try your luck to see whether it would work for you.
- Press your Samsung TV “Home” icon on the remote. If you are careful enough, you can also use the TV button to navigate to the TV menu.
- Navigate to “Apps” and sign in to your Samsung account if you haven’t done so.
- Select the magnifying search box to the top right just beside the “settings” gear icon.
- Use the Samsung TV onscreen keyboard to search for “HBO Go” and choose the “Install” icon to download and install the HBO Go app on your Samsung smart TV.
- Select “Open” once the app has been added to the Samsung TV apps and choose “Activate your device.”
- Take note of the HBO GO activation code for your Samsung TV and the activation link (depending on your location) which look like Hbogo.com/activate.
- Go to https://hbogo.com/activate on a high-end smart device with internet access and type the activation code on the TV screen.
- Select “Next”, choose your TV provider’s name, and sign in to your account.
Wait for the code to be authenticated by the TV provider. Once the code screen disappears, the HBO Go movies restriction will be removed and you can start streaming your favorite HBO Go movies and episodes on your Samsung smart TV.