At a point, you can scale through the hurdles of HBOMax TV sign in not working especially if you don’t sign out of your HBOMax account and restart your TV to clear all stored sessions or cache. So, it’s practically not possible for the HBOMax app not working even when everything seems to work fine at your end.
If the issue isn’t with the HBOMax server it will be an outdated app issue or cache problem. So, if you haven’t experienced this, just prepare for it.
And when you are experiencing the HBOMax app not working error, you will also face HBOMax can’t play movie title. But take make things easy and ensure that you can fix the HBOMax app when you can’t sign or login is the reason why this article is written.
Therefore, in other not to ruin your day with the HBOMax sign in not working we will state some methods that can use to troubleshoot this error and restore the HBOMax app to normal.
HBOMax TV Sign in not Working
There are various approaches readily available to fix most of the apps errors on your smart TV when the apps are malfunctioning. However, we will review these approaches and state what works for the HBOMax TV sign in not working.
- Restart your Smart TV
- Clear HBOMax App Cache
- Update the HBOMax app
- Verify your login [username and password]
- Delete and re-install the HBOMax app.
- Update your Smart TV Firmware
- Check HBOMax server status
- Logout HBOMax on all devices
- Turn off VPN.
With the above suggestions in place, it’s quite easy to find and solve the issue relating to being unable to sign into an HBOMax account on a TV or streaming device.
Restart or Coldboot your Smart TV
If you keep your Smart TV too long in a standby mode it can affect the functionalities of the device. This is not limited to the app or sign-in password or username not working. Therefore, it’s advisable to restart your TV as the first measure to take to fix the HBMax sign in not working on your TV.
- Turn or Switch off your Smart TV.
- Unplug the TV from the wall socket.
- Wait for about 5 minutes or more to discharge all stored charges that keep the TV in standby mode.
- Plug the TV cable into the power or wall socket and turn on the TV.
This method will turn off the TV completely instead of putting the TV in a standby mode thereby fixing all misbehaving apps due to the standby mode.
Clear the HBOMax App Cache
The steps to follow the clear the HBOMax app cache on Smart TV varies and it depends on the smart TV. And in most devices, such as Apple TV, deleting an app from the device is the same as clearing the app cache.
Follow the steps below to clear the HBOMax app cache on your Apple TV
- Press the “Home” button on the Apple TV remote.
- Navigate to “General” and select “Manage Storage.”
- Navigate to the “HBOMax” app “trash” icon and select “OK.”
This will remove the HBO Max app and all its store data including the cache.
Samsung Smart TV
Follow the steps below to clear your HBO Max app cache on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Press the Samsung TV remote “Home” button to return to the TV main menu.
- Navigate to “Settings >> Apps.”
- Scroll to the “System Apps >> HBO Max,”
- Tap “Clear Cache >> OK.”
Now, restart your TV (following the approaches above) and attempt to sign in to the HBO Max app to see whether clearing the app cache fixes it.
If your Smart TV is a Fire TV or Fire Stick TV follow the steps below to clear the HBOMax app cache.
- Go to your Amazon Fire TV settings.
- Select “Applications >> Manage Installed apps.”
- Select the “HBO Max”
- Select “Clear cache >> clear data.”
This will clear the HBO Max app cache and data to put the app to normal.
Logout HBO Max on All Devices
If HBO Max stores too many logins on different devices it can cause the login session to expire on some of your devices. Therefore, it’s advisable and wise to log out of your HBO Max account and log in only on a device that you can control without hindrance.
Therefore, as part of our commitment to fix HBOMax TV sign in not working, we will consider how to log out HBOMax on all devices.
Android or iPhone or Tablet
- Launch the HBOMax app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Click on the “Profile icon” to the bottom edge and left on phone and tablet respectively.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Select “Manage Devices.”
- Select “Sign out all devices.”
Computer or PC
- Go to the HBOMax.com website on a web browser.
- Select your account profile to the upper right.
- Choose settings on your profile page or dashboard.
- Select “Manage devices >> Sign all devices out.”
That is it. Follow the instruction to sign out your HBO Max account on all devices and quickly change your password to restrict unauthorized users from accessing your HBO Max account.
Verify your HBOMax Login
If you are using the wrong password you face the inability to sign in problem on your HBO Max account. If you forgot or can’t remember your HBOMax login password and username it’s better to change it. Therefore, we will consider how to change the HBO Max password in the headline.
- Go to Hbomax.com/forgot-password on a phone or computer web browser.
- Enter the email address that is associated with your HBOMax account.
- Select the “Submit” button to submit the email address for the password reset link.
- Sign in to your email address and click on the “HBO Max password reset” link.
- Set a new password for your HBOMax account and log out all previous sessions.
Now, go to the HBO Max app on your TV and sign in with the new password to see if you can bypass the HBOMax TV sign in not working error.
Update Smart TV Firmware
Always keep your Smart TV firmware up-to-date to be to avoid errors such as the sign-in problem. However, I prefer to set my Samsrt TV firmware update to auto to automatically download and install the latest firmware update whenever it’s available.
Samsung Smart TV
- Press the Samsung TV “Home” button on the TV “remote.”
- Navigate to settings
- Scroll down and select “Support.”
- Choose “Software Update.”
- Select “Auto Update.”
- Hang on while the update is downloaded and installed on your Samsung Smart TV.
Restart the Samsung smart TV if it didn’t restart automatically. Meanwhile, your Samsung TV must be connected to the internet while doing this.
Update Apple TV Firmware
- Go to your Apple TV Settings.
- Navigate to “System” and select “Software updates.”
- Choose “Update Software.”
- Choose the option to “Download and install.”
- Connect your Fire TV to the internet.
- Navigate to “Settings” using the remote navigation tabs.
- Choose “About.”
- Choose “Check for System Update.”
- If there is an update available the TV will download and install it on your TV.
Now, hang on until the firmware update is downloaded and installed. In most cases, to complete the firmware upgrading the TV will restart itself. So, during this time, do not turn off the TV or disconnect it from your WiFi or Hotspot.