Do you want to add a device to Find My iPhone or iPad or Mac but are unsure of the right steps? You can read through this article to get a detailed guide on how to add a device to find my using various Apple devices.
Using the find my feature on your Apple devices is a great way to ensure that you can always be aware of your device location, so it would be easy to find if you placed it somewhere and forgot or if the phone was stolen.
It is pretty easy to add a device to Find my using any Apple device. The remaining sections of this article will explain everything you need to know about how to add a device to find my using any Apple device.
How to Add a Device to Find My iPhone on iPhone
As an iPhone user, it is essential that you find a way to secure your phone and ensure that you can find its location anytime you misplace it, as it can be pretty expensive to get a replacement iPhone. Also, with find my iPhone you can track, lock, and erase your files on your iPhone if it falls into the wrong hand.
This is why it is essential that you add your iPhone to the list of devices on your Find My, so you can easily find it.
You can add your iPhone to Find My by following the instructions below.
- Open your iPhone “Settings.
- Click on your “Name.”
- Tap “Find Me.”
- Click on “Find my iPhone.”
- Turn on “Find my iPhone.”
- Then turn on the “Find My Network” feature, to ensure that you can still find your iPhone offline.
- Toggle the “Send my Location” switch to turn it on.
- Tap the back button once and turn on “Share My Location.”
Once you have followed the instructions above, you can be assured that you will always be able to find the location of your iPhone if you misplace it.
You can also check out How to Screen Record on iPhone.
How to Add a Device to Find My iPhone on iPad.
You can use the Find My iPhone feature to locate your lost iPad, but before this can occur, you would need to add your iPad to the Find My feature:
You can do that by following the instructions below.
- Go to your iPad and open the Settings app.
- Click on your Name and select the Find My option.
- Click Find My iPad and use the toggle button to turn it on.
- Turn on the Find My Network feature to ensure you can still locate the iPad even when you are not connected to the internet.
- Turn on the Send My Location feature to ensure that whenever your phone battery is low, your iPad can automatically send its current location to Apple.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to add a device to find my using your iPad.
How to Add Airpods to Find My Using iPhone
Airpods are small devices that can quickly get misplaced, and because they can be pretty expensive, they are not usually easily replaced.
One of the best hacks to finding your AirPods when you misplace them is to add the AirPods to the find my feature using the iPhone.
The first step to achieving this is to pair the AirPods to your iPhone, and you can do this by following the steps below.
- Put the AirPods inside their case and leave the lid open.
- Go to the notification centre or the settings app on your iPhone and turn on Bluetooth.
- Press the setup button at the back of the AirPods until the led light blinks.
- Finally, select the name of your AirPods from your iPhone’s available Bluetooth device list, and both devices should automatically pair.
While the Airpods are still connected to the iPhone, you can turn on the find my feature by following the instructions below.
- Click on your name in the settings menu on your iPhone, then select Find My.
- Then select the find my iPhone feature and toggle on it to turn it on.
- Then enable the find my network feature to ensure you can still find the location when the device is not connected to the internet.
- Then enable the share my location feature to ensure your device sends its location to Apple when its device is low.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to add your Airpods to your iPhone’s Find My feature, and you can always use it to get the last known location when you misplace the Airpods.
How to Add a Device to Find My Using a MAC
The Find My feature on your Apple devices ensures that you can find your devices if you are unsure about the last location of the device.
The Find My feature can be used on any Apple device, and the first step to do this is to turn on the location on your MAC, and you can turn on the location by following the instructions below.
- Open your MAC and click on the Apple menu icon.
- Click on system settings and select Privacy and Security.
- Click on location services and use the toggle button to turn on the location.
Once your MAC’s location is turned on, you can add the device to your Find My by following the instructions below.
- Go to the Apple menu and click on system settings.
- Then click on your name at the top of the sidebar, and if you cannot find it, you can sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click on iCloud and select Find My MAC.
- Click turn on, and select Allow when prompted to allow the Find My MAC feature to access your MAC’s location.
- Click Done to complete the process.
If you have followed the instructions above, you can rest assured that you can get the last known location of your MAC whenever you can’t find it.
How to Set Up Find My iPhone With Family.
The family sharing feature on iPhone is a great way to let your family members know your current location and can be an excellent way to track your device when it is missing.
You can share your location with your Family using the family-sharing feature by following the instructions below.
- Go to your iPhone settings app, click on your name, and select family sharing.
- Then click on the location option and tap the name of the family member with whom you want to share your location.
You can repeat this procedure for as many family members as you want to share your location and stop sharing whenever you deem fit.