If you are looking for the fastest or best way to add apps to Roku streaming devices, here is a guide for you. There are various approaches you can take to add any apps to your Roku device provided it’s supported. So, in this regard, we will consider all you need to do to successfully add apps to your Roku device without stress.
Roku is an affordable streaming device that you can use to turn any TV into a smart TV, and this allows you to experience the smart TV experience at an affordable price.
The Roku store has hundreds of apps for your entertainment content that you can download from, like the way you download apps from your App store and Google play store to your mobile phone.
And once you have successfully connected your Roku to your TV; the next thing to do is to add apps to the device. And here, we will break down how to add apps to your Roku device.
How to Add Apps to Roku
There are three ways you can add apps to Roku, and we will discuss the different methods in this article section.
How to Add Apps to Roku Device
You can add apps to your Roku device by following the instructions below.
- Click on the home icon on your Roku remote to open the home screen.
- Then select the store from the available options and click channels.
- Then browse through the various categories and select the apps you want to use.
- Then press ok with your remote to learn more about the app.
- Then select add channel if the app is free, or select Ok to purchase a subscription if it is a paid subscription.
The app will be added to your app list, and you can start using the app as you deem fit.
You can also check out How to Sync Roku Remote Without a Pairing Button
How to Add Apps to Roku From the Roku Website
You can add apps to Roku from the Roku website by following the instructions below.
- Open the browser on your website and go to the Roku website.
- Then use your Roku account information to sign in to your Roku account.
- Then browse through the various categories and available genres, or search for a specific app in the search box and click on select details to learn more about the app.
- Then click on add the channel to add the app to your Roku device.
The Apps should appear in your Roku channel list, but if it does not appear, you can follow the instructions below to resolve it.
- Open your Roku device and navigate to the settings menu.
- Then click on systems and select system update.
- Then click on the check now button, and the app should appear on your device.
How to Add Apps to Roku using the Mobile App
If you have the Roku mobile app on your android or iPhone, you can use the mobile app to add apps to your Roku by following the instructions below.
- Launch the Roku mobile app on your device.
- Then browse from the available categories and genres, search for a specific app, or open the store.
- Then click on your preferred app, and select an app to view more information.
- Then click on add channel and follow the instructions on your screen to add the app to your device.
If the app does not appear on your device, you can fix that by following the instructions below.
- Go to your Roku device and click on settings.
- Then click on system and choose system update.
- Finally, click check now to complete the process.
You can use any of the methods in this section of the article to add apps to Roku.
How to Add a Channel on Roku TV
If you have a Roku TV, there are different methods you can use to add a channel to your Roku TV, and this section of the article will explain how you can add a channel to your Roku TV.
By following the instructions below, you can add a channel on your Roku TV using the Roku device.
- Press the home button on your Roku remote to go to the home screen.
- Then use the arrows on your remote to navigate to the streaming channels and press ok to open the Roku channel store.
- Then look through the channel list to find the channel you want to add.
- Or click on search channels and input the name of the channel you would like to add.
- Then select add channel and click ok to add it to your channel list.
- Then you should see a progress bar and a confirmation message on your screen when the channel has been added.
If you have followed the instructions above, you should be able to find the channel you just added on your home screen.
By following the instructions below, you can add channels to your Roku TV using the mobile app.
- Open the Roku mobile app on your device.
- Then click on the icon at the top right corner of your screen to go to the account page.
- Then click on the sign-in button and log in with your account information.
- Then click on the top left arrow to go back to the home screen.
- Then go to the bottom menu and click on devices to access the channel store.
- Then click on channels to open the channel menu.
- Then click on the channel store to see the list of available channels.
- Then scroll through the channel list to find the channel you want to add.
- Then click add, and if it is a paid channel, you can make the necessary subscription and follow any other instructions that might follow to add the channel.
You can then launch the channel on your mobile app or your Roku device and use it as you desire.
How to Add Channels on your Roku Device from the Website
You can go to the official Roku channel store to add a channel to your Roku device, and you can do that by following the instructions below.
- Go to the Roku channel store from your browser and log in to your account.
- Then check for the channel you want to add and click on the add channel button.
- If the channel is not free, you must follow the instructions that will appear on your screen to subscribe and add the channel to your screen.
This article has discussed the various methods to add an app to your Roku device. We also explained how you could add channels to your Roku device.