Are you looking for how to connect Roku remote to TV? Then this article is dedicated to all Roku users to learn how to connect their Roku remote to their TV to navigate the streaming device.
Roku is a leading entertainment streaming platform with hundreds of entertainment content for your entertainment.
With the Roku device, you can quickly turn any TV into a smart TV and enjoy the extra benefits of having a smart TV.
However, before you can enjoy the benefit of owning a Roku device, you need to connect Roku remote to the TV, and the next section of this article will explain how you can connect Roku remote to TV.
How to Connect Roku Remote to TV
There are two types of Roku remotes; the standard infrared remote, also known as the simple remote, does not require any significant connecting method as you only need to point the remote directly to the receiver to function.
However, if you use the advanced Roku voice remote, which requires a Wifi, you’d need to connect the remote to the TV.
You can connect Roku remote to TV by following the instructions below.
- Press the home button on your Roku voice remote.
- Then scroll through the options and select settings.
- Then click on Remotes and devices, and select remote.
- Then select your remote from the available list and click set up remote for TV control.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Once you are done with the connection, you should try to use the remote to control your TV to confirm that the connection was successful.
You can also check out How To Use Roku Without WiFi.
How to Connect Roku Remote to TV Without Pairing Button
If you are having issues with your pairing button, the alternative method you can use is to download the Roku mobile app and use it as a remote.
Depending on your device, you can download the Roku mobile app from the Play Store [Android] or App store [iOS].
Once you have the Roku mobile app, you can use it to connect your Roku remote to the TV by following the instructions below.
- Launch the Roku app.
- Click on the remote button at the bottom of the screen.
- Then use the remote controls to select settings.
- Then click on remotes and devices.
- Then click on set up a new device.
- Then click on the checkbox beside the remote and select continue.
Once you are done with the instructions above, you can use the remote to control your TV to confirm that the connection was made successfully.
How to Pair Roku Remote With Pairing Button
If you have a new Roku voice remote, you can pair it by following the instructions below.
- Go to your Roku home screen by pressing the home button on the Roku remote.
- Then press the left sidebar menu to go to the settings menu.
- Then select remotes and devices.
- Next, select set up a new device.
- Then click on remote, and select continue.
- Then press the pairing button on your remote till the status light flashes green.
Once you can see the green light on your remote status indicator, it implies that you have been able to pair your Roku remote successfully.
How to Connect Roku Remote App to TV
The Roku mobile app is an alternate method that you can use to perform various remote and other functions on your TV.
Suppose you are having issues with your remote pairing button or prefer the comfort and convenience of using your mobile phone as your Roku remote. In that case, you can connect your Roku remote app to your TV by following the instructions below.
- Open the Roku app and select remote at the bottom of the screen.
- Then click on settings using the remote control
- Next, select Remotes and Devices.
- Next, select set up a new device.
- Finally, tap the checkbox next to the remote and click continue.
You can then use the Roku mobile app as an alternate remote to control your TV. If you can do this, it implies that you have been able to connect the Roku remote app to your TV.
How to Resolve Roku Remote Not Working
If your Roku remote is not working, perhaps you are finding it difficult to pair it to another device, or you are unable to control your TV using the remote.
In this case, the well-known available solution is to reset the remote, and you can reset your Roku remote by following the steps below.
- Remove the batteries currently inside your remote.
- Then unplug your Roku player and plug it back after approximately 10 seconds.
- Then insert the batteries back in the remote if they are still alright, or add new ones if they are weak.
- Then locate the reset button at the back of the battery compartment.
- Then press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds or till the pairing light starts flashing.
- A notification will appear on your screen once the reset has been successful.
You can then re-pair your remote to the TV and use it to confirm that the restart resolved the issue and that your remote is now functioning as expected.
How to Reset Roku Remote
If you are having issues with your Roku remote, the most common troubleshooting solution is to reset the Roku remote.
You can reset your Roku remote by following the instructions below.
- Take out the batteries in the remote.
- Then disconnect your Roku player from its power source and plug it back after 10-15 seconds.
- Then, if the batteries are still good, put them back in the remote control; otherwise, replace them with fresh ones.
- Next, locate the reset button at the rear of the battery compartment.
- Next, hold the reset button down for about 10 seconds or until the pairing light blinks.
- Then you should see a notification on your screen letting you know that the reset has been completed.
Once you are done with the process, you should pair your remote to the TV to see if you can connect the Roku remote to TV and that the remote is functioning properly.
This article has given a detailed explanation of how to connect a Roku remote to a TV. We also looked at how to use the Roku mobile app when the pairing button on your remote is not functioning.
When you are having issues with your remote, you can reset the remote, and that should help you resolve the issue.