Are you looking for how to sync Roku remote without a pairing button? If that is why you are here, this article will end your research as we will explain the various methods that are available to sync your Roku remote without a pairing button.
To use your Roku device, it is essential that you pair your remote to the device you’d be using it with, and it can be pretty difficult without the presence of a pairing button.
However, there are workarounds that you can use to navigate the situation, and we will be discussing them in the remaining sections of this article.
How to Sync Roku Remote Without Pairing Button
To use your Roku player, it is necessary that you pair it with the device you’d like to use it with, and this is usually quickly done with the pairing button on the remote.
In cases where there is no pairing button on your remote or the button is not functional, you’d need to find other methods you can use to sync the Roku remote without needing to use the pairing button, and we will discuss these alternative methods in this section of the article.
How to Sync Roku Remote using the Roku Mobile App
Roku has provided a mobile app that you can use as a virtual remote to control your Roku player, and you only need to download it from the app store or play store, depending on your mobile device.
Once you have downloaded and installed the app on your mobile phone, you can sync Roku remote to another device by following the instructions below.
- Open the mobile app on your smartphone and click on the remote button at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, click on settings and select remote and other devices using the virtual remote.
- Then click on the set up a new device option.
- Then click on the checkbox beside the remote and click continue.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to sync the Roku remote without a pairing button successfully.
You can also check out How To Use Roku Without WiFi.
How to Sync Roku Remote using a Standard IR Remote Control
If your Roku player is a Roku TV that uses an infrared sensor, then you can use the standard infrared remote control to sync your Roku remote by following the instructions below.
- Ensure that you have functioning batteries in the remote.
- Then turn on your Roku device and ensure it is correctly connected to the TV.
- Then select the appropriate TV input source for your Roku player.
- Then point the remote at your Roku player and press any button.
- Then wait for a couple of seconds for the devices to sync.
Once you have followed the instructions above, you will be able to sync Roku remote without using the pairing button on the standard remote.
You can use any of the methods explained in this article’s section to sync your Roku remote without using the pairing button.
How to Pair Roku Remote
Before using your Roku player, you need to pair it with any compatible device, which can be easily done.
You can follow the steps below to pair your Roku Remote.
- Go to your home screen and click on the settings option on the left side of the screen.
- Then click on Remotes & Devices and click set up a new device.
- Then click on the remote and follow the instructions that will appear on your screen.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to pair your Roku remote successfully and can start streaming from your Roku player.
How to Unpair Roku Remote
If you are having issues with your Roku remote, a known troubleshooting method is to unpair the remote, and you can do this by following the instructions below.
- Press and hold down the home, back, and pairing buttons on your remote for approximately 3 to 5 seconds.
- Once the indicator blinks three times, the remote has successfully unpaired.
You can then pair it with your player to confirm that unpairing resolved the issue with the remote.
How to Pair Roku Remote With Pairing Button
If you use a Roku remote with a pairing button, you can pair your remote by following the basic steps below.
- Press the home button on your remote to open the home screen.
- Then click on the settings option on the left sidebar of the screen.
- Then click remote & devices and select set up a new device.
- Then click on the remote and press continue.
- Then press the pairing button on your remote for about 5 seconds or till the indicator light starts flashing green.
Once the indicator light shows green, it implies that you have been able to pair your Roku remote successfully, and you can now use Roku to stream your favourite entertainment content.
Do All Roku Remotes Have Pairing Buttons?
While most Roku remotes, particularly the Roku voice remote, usually come with a pairing button, some are standard infrared remotes.
These remotes usually come with Roku TVs with an infrared sensor, so you can just point the remote to the TV while pressing any button on it to pair the remote and TV together.
How to Pair Roku Remote to TCL TV
The Roku TCL TV is one of the best Roku players you can use to stream content from Roku.
If the remote for your TV is the standard IR remote, you can follow the steps below to pair it with your TCL TV.
- Turn on your Roku player and select the correct TV input.
- Place functioning batteries in the remote.
- Then point the remote to the TV within 3 feet and wait for them to pair.
If you use the enhanced remote with a pairing button, you can pair the remote with the TCL tv by following the steps below.
- Locate the pairing button on your Remote, which can sometimes be found in the battery compartment.
- Then press the pairing button for approximately 5 seconds or till the indicator light starts flashing to indicate a successful pairing.
How to Sync Roku Remote to TV
You always have to sync Roku remote to the TV before it can be functional, and you can sync the remote to the TV by following the steps below.
- Press home on your Roku remote and select settings.
- Then click remote & devices and select remote.
- Then click on your remote and select set up remote for TV control.
- Then follow the prompts on your screen to complete the process.
Once you have synced the remote to the TV, you can start using the remote with your TV.
This article has explained how you can sync Roku remote without a pairing button. We also looked at how to do it with a pairing button.