Minecraft game is one of the most sorts after for Android, Windows, and Mac users. The downside is that you only have 1G RAM on the Minecraft server to play the game except you choose to allocate more RAM. However, this default RAM on Minecraft can be overridden. That means that you can increase the RAM for a better experience and smooth gaming. Therefore, in this post, you will learn how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft server.
If you know how to allocate more RAM, it will be very easy to increase the speed of the game and fix the game from sudden crashing or freezing, which may create issues for you while playing the game.
However, be sure that you have enough RAM on your PC that you are ready to pair with the Minecraft server.
So, to start with, we will check your RAM whether you have enough to pair with the Minecraft server to increase the game speed.
How to Check for More RAM for Minecraft Server
You cannot just allocate more RAM to the Minecraft server without having enough RAM on your PC. Therefore, before you begin, you must have enough RAM on your PC. So, let us quickly check your PC whether you will be able to increase the RMA of your Minecraft game.
- Tap “Start >> Settings.”
- Tap “About.”
- Navigate to “Device Specifications” and search for “Installed RAM.”
- You should have at least 4.00GB RAM to be able to allocate more RAM to your Minecraft game.
A minimum of 2.00GB should be your target. If your PC has 1.00GB RAM, you shouldn’t bother to increase your Minecraft RAM as this won’t work. On the norm, we recommend a minimum of 4.00GB, but having 8.00GB or more is an added advantage.
How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft Server
Here, we are going to dedicate more RAM to the Minecraft server from the default launcher. Although the default launcher has changed over the year, here will still adopt the approach to boost the game RAM.
- Launch the Minecraft game and tap on the game version that you want to play. You can select the “Bedrock” or “Java version or version 1.12.2 or version 1.7.10.
- Go to the “Installation” tab and tap on it. Now, you will see all versions once you tap it.
- Hover the mouse cursor to it and tap on the more (3 dots) more and select “Edit” from it.
- A screen with the installation name will appear, the version you selected, and other settings.
- Tap on the “More” option, and scroll down to “JVM Arguments.” Don’t stress yourself about the argument codes.
- Tap on the “JVM Arguments” code to edit it. And scroll to where you see -Xmx2G and change”2″ to the number of RAM to allocate.
- Tap on the “Save” button to save changes.
Now, you can launch the game and see it running faster than before. However, it’s possible to allocate all the RAM you have installed on your PC.
How to Use ATLauncher to Allocate More RAM on Minecraft Server
ATLauncher can be used to increase Minecraft’s dedicated RAM. This technique is a bit different from allocating a dedicated RAM to Minecraft using the default launcher.
- Launch ATLauncher on your PC. You can go to the official website to download the latest release.
- Tap >> Settings >>Java/Minecraft at the top of the screen.
- Go to Maximum Memory/RAM and type the number of RAM to allocate to your game server. However, to see which RAM will fit into the game for you, select the drop-menu, and select the appropriate RAM to use.
- Now, you need to tap “Save” to make changes to the settings. For mod games like SkyFactory, we recommend a minimum of 4.00GB RAM else the game title will show or launch.
Now, return to your game, launch it and see it blazing with new RAM you allocated.
How to Use Twitch/Curse Launcher to Increase RAM on Minecraft Server
Another method to increase dedicate RAM on Minecraft is using the Twitch/Curse Launcher. Here, I will walk you through a quick step to increase the RAM allocated to your Minecraft.
- Download and install the Twitch/Curse launcher on your PC.
- Tap “Menu >>Files >> and tap “Settings. For quick access, press and hold “CTRL +” to go to the launcher’s settings straight.
- Go to “Jave Settings” under “Minecraft” and go to “Allocated Memory.”
- Now the slider to increase and reduce the RAM allocated for the game.
- Navigate back to “Modes” and select “Minecraft.
Now, launch the “Minecraft game” and see it blazing with new RAM allocated to the game server.
How to Allocate More RAM to Minecraft Server using VoidLauncher
VoidLauncher is the simplest approach to increase allocated RAM on your Minecrafter server. It’s just a launch and change approach. And here is how.
- Open the VoidLauncher app on your PC.
- Navigate to the launcher’s option at the top of the game.
- Navigate to “Minecraft” and select the “Memory” drop menu.
- Edit the “Allocated RAM” and enter the RAM you want to use.
- Save the settings.
Now, you can proceed to launch the game and see it blazing with fast speed.
How to Give Minecraft More RAM without using a Launcher
You can give Minecraft more RAM without using a launcher. That means you don’t have to download additional software or app to increase the RAM allocated to your Minecraft game. This approach is quicker, and you don’t have to deal with code. Just follow the step below to give Minecraft more RAM without using a launcher.
- Go to the Minecraft server directory on your computer. This is the folder that contains the Minecraft installation.
- Create a text document in the Minecraft directory and save it as .bat and not .txt. You can create it on your computer desktop and drag and drop it in the directory.
- Copu and paste this code “java -Xmx####M -Xms####M-exe Minecraft_Server.exe -o true PAUSE” in the text document.
- Change ### to the RAM size you want to allocate to the Minecraft game on the device.
- Now, double-click on the file to run it and allows it to give more RAM to the game.
This replaces the use of launchers to increase or give more allocated RAM to the Minecraft server.