In this article, we will discuss the steps you will follow to activate History on your Samsung smart TV to watch your favourite TV shows, episodes, channels, and much more from History on your Samsung smart TV.
Having the History app installed and activated it, on your Samsung smart TV makes it easier for you to go after your favourite TV shows and episodes on your TV. The activation process is quite simple and will require a mobile phone or PC with internet access to complete the whole process.
What is History?
History is a movie streaming platform to watch the latest movies, TV shows, episodes, and many more. However, the basic requirement for this is to create an account and explore as you wish.
However, this streaming service is unlike other streaming services that will restrict you from watching or subscribing to your favourite program if you are not from the United State. Meanwhile, if you are restricted from streaming your favourite content due to your geo-location, you can bypass the restrictions using a VPN service.
Note: To activate History on your Samsung smart TV you’d need an activation code. The activation code is unique for every entry and for all the supported devices.
Meanwhile, to accomplish this you must be able to install the History app on your Samsung Smart TV if the OS is Tizen.
Check out this complete clue on how to activate YouTube on Smart TV to watch your favourite videos on your device. The steps are easy to follow.
How to Install History App on Samsung
You first need to download and install the History app on your Samsung smart TV. However, if you are using a Tizen OS Samsung TV this process might not work for you as you might need to sideload the History app to your TV using an external storage device such as a USB or OTG cable.
- Press your Samsung Smart TV “Smart Hub” button or “Menu” button.
- Navigate to “Apps” and press the “Enter” button.
- Search for the “History App” using the “Onscreen keyboard.”
- Select the “Enter” key once the app has been searched.
- Click on “Download” or “Install” depending on the app installation option.
Once you have successfully downloaded and installed the History app on your Samsung TV, then, we can proceed to activate the History app. And on the contrary, if the app is installed on your device already there is no need to repeat the process. All you have to do is to skip the steps above and move to the next step.
How to Activate History on your Samsung Smart TV
The following steps explain how to activate history on your Samsung smart TV to watch your favourite TV shows, episodes, and many more on your TV with a bigger screen instead of sticking to the History app on your mobile phone or History website as the case may be.
Recommended: How to activate ShowtimeAnytime.
- Open the History app on your Samsung smart TV. You can get to do this via your app lists or on the installation page if you haven’t closed the app.
- Tap on “Sign In” or Activate” depending on what you see on the screen.
- Take note of the History activation code and histroy.com/activate link on your TV screen.
- Open a browser on your smartphone or PC. Ensure that the device is connected to the internet either via your network broadband or WiFi.
- Go to https://history.com/activate on the opened tab and you should see an option that says “Activate your Device.”
- Since we want to activate the History app on your Samsung TV, then, you need to select “Others.
- Select your “TV Provider” network from the list that appeared. If the TV provider you subscribed to is missing click on “More” to unveil all supported TV providers.
- Enter the History app activation code on your TV screen.
- Click on the “Continue” tab to verify your subscription.
At this point, you will be prompted to sign in to your History account to confirm that you are a subscriber. Once your subscription has been confirmed History.com/activate and the activation code screen will refresh itself and you will be logged into your History service account on your smart TV.
Note: On a norm, the steps above explain how to activate History on your Samsung Smart TV. However, for Samsung TV with Tizen OS, the steps above might not work as Samsung make it impossible to download and install 3rd party app on their OS.