Snapchat is one of the favorite apps for most people especially ladies because of its filter and photo editing features among others. However, backing up camera files to Snapchat does not require any special or automatic process. Snaps can be auto-saved, but you need to do it manually when it comes to saving media from the camera roll. Read on to learn how to back up camera roll to Snapchat.
This post will teach you how to back up pictures from your camera roll to Snapchat Memories. You can export photos as a Story and go ahead to save the Story instead of sharing it on Snapchat before you can add the images from your camera roll to this backed-up folder.
You can easily back up camera rolls to Snapchat on Android, iPhone, or iPad, but the options can be a bit hard to locate. Once you know where you can find them, then it will be very easy to back up your camera roll photos to Snapchat!
You certainly want to know how to back up camera roll to Snapchat, now that you can’t do it without using Snapchat to take pictures. Snapchat does not by any chance back up your camera roll by default. Therefore you need to discover how you can insert camera roll images to Snapchat, even though there are no settings or buttons for this option on Snapchat.
Most times, it’s tiring when you have to post stories from the camera roll to save these photos on Snapchat before you could get it done. Here in this article, you learn several methods that won’t require you to post stories. Just relax and simply the steps to back up your camera roll to Snapchat.
Recommended: Why your Camera Roll isn’t Backed up by Snapchat? Fixed!
Note This Before you Back up your Camera Roll to Snapchat
To avoid difficulties while backing up your camera roll to Snapchat, you need to note the following:
- You can only save a maximum of 10-second camera roll videos on Snapchat. Ensure your videos are 10-seconds or even less in length.
- In case you chose many photos or videos at the same time, the snaps will be saved as a story. However, saving individual photos requires you to back up each photo separately.
Now you can go ahead to explore how to back up camera roll to Snapchat.
Allow Camera Access for Snapchat on Android
Here is a simple guideline on how you can allow camera access for Snapchat on your Android device. Follow the steps involved below:
- Navigate to Settings on your phone and click on Applications (or Apps depending on the software version).
- Click on Snapchat within the Applications window.
- Click on Permissions.
- Finally, ensure that the Camera button is Green which implies that it has been Enabled.
Now, you have successfully enabled Camera access for Snapchat on your phone.
How to Back Up Camera Roll to Snapchat
There are several ways by which you can back up the camera roll to Snapchat on your phone, one is by creating a story. Note that you don’t have to share a story but you can simply save images as a story to back up from the camera roll to Snapchat. Follow the steps on how to back up camera roll to Snapchat on iPhone and Android devices below:
On iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Open the Snapchat app and tap the Memories icon located on the left of the shutter button.
- Click on Camera Roll under the Memories.
- Pictures and videos from your camera roll will be seen once you click on Camera Roll.
- You will see a message under the Camera Roll tab that says “Your Camera roll is not backed up by Snapchat”.
- Choose and hold the picture or video you want to back up and click on the More option.
- Tap on Create Story.
- Since there’s no need to share a story, Create story tab directs you to save the story.
- Give your story a name and click on Save Story.
- Navigate to your Memories to check out your backed-up image in Snaps.
This is how to back up camera roll to Snapchat on iPhone.
In case you use Snapchat on Android, find out the simple steps to back up the camera roll to Snapchat.
- Open Snapchat and go to the Memories icon.
- Under the Memories, click on Camera Roll.
- Images and videos from your camera roll will be displayed under this tab.
- You will notice that your camera roll has not been backed up by Snapchat yet.
- Choose the exact Image or Video you want to back up and click on the Export icon.
- Click on the Snapchat icon on the Menu.
- Touch the Save button
- Note that you don’t have to share the story for public view.
- It will save your snap and back up the image rather than posting the story.
- Finally, go to your Snaps to view it.
This is how to back up camera roll to Snapchat on Android.
Alternate Methods to Back up Camera Roll to Snapchat
There are other methods on how to back up camera roll to Snapchat, one of such methods is using your favorite gallery app. If you have Google Photos, then you can use this application. Follow the steps below to back up the camera roll to Snapchat:
- Navigate to the Gallery app and open it.
- Choose photos that you wish to back up.
- Then, click on the Share button.
- Locate and select Snapchat.
- Click on the Save button in the bottom-left corner (The Save button is an icon displaying a save arrow).
- This process will take some minutes depending on the total number of files.
The second alternative method on how to back up camera roll to Snapchat does not require a third-party gallery app to back up media because Snapchat supports showing your camera roll. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the app and open Snapchat.
- Swipe up or simply click on the Memories button which is to the left of the Capture button.
- Swipe left 2 times to go to Camera Roll.
- Click on the top right button or press on a photo to choose.
- Choose other media files that you wish to back up.
- Click on the Export button on the bottom row.
- Now, choose Snapchat from the app list.
- Click on the Save button down at the bottom.
Recommended: What does ion Mean on Snapchat
You can go ahead to open the Memories tab again to view the backed-up media. In case you would like to create stories with backed-up photos, you can also do it easily.
How to Check Your Back-up Progress
Once you have been able to back up the camera roll to Snapchat, your images will appear in the snaps. I’m sure you want to know the Backup Progress status, you can check it from the Memories Settings. But before you go ahead, ensure that your phone has a very strong and reliable cellular service or a stable WiFi connection to backup memories fully and fast.
Follow the steps below to check your Memories Backup progress on both iPhone and Android:
- Go to Profile >> Settings.
- Click on Memories.
- Locate the Backup Progress.
- Wait till it says Complete.
- Backup progress will show Complete once there is no need to backup memories.
- However, in case your memories are not fully backed up, it will show “No Internet Connection” or “#Snaps Remaining”.
That’s all about checking back up progress status.
How to Turn On Smart Backup
Peradventure after checking your Backup Progress status, it doesn’t show “Complete”, then you must enable Smart Backup. Smart Backup helps to back up memories on cellular data over a weak WiFi connection automatically. Therefore you don’t need to get overly worried about it getting removed even when you delete Snapchat and install it back again.
Follow the steps below in case you haven’t enabled Smart Backup on your Snapchat. This process is applicable on both iPhone and Android:
- Open your Profile and click on Settings.
- Click on Memories.
- Locate Smart Backup under Storage.
- Tap the toggle to turn it on.
That’s it! The Smart Backup has been turned on successfully.
How to Backup Memories to Camera Roll on Snapchat?
If you want to back up Snapchat Memories just like the camera roll, you can do so by exporting the snap. Check out the steps below to backup memories:
- Navigate to your Snapchat Memories and choose the image.
- Long-press on the image to view different Menu.
- Tap on Export Snap.
- Click on Download to back up to the camera roll.
That’s it! This is how to back up memories to camera roll on Snapchat.
How to Back up Pictures in Memories and Camera Roll
You have the liberty to choose your preferred backup option from Snapchat settings. Follow the given steps below to backup pictures in Memories and Camera Roll:
- Go to Snapchat and open its Settings on your phone.
- Click on Memories.
- Tap on the Save button under Save Destinations.
- Click on Memories & Camera Roll option to save your snaps in both destinations.
That’s it! Now you have been able to back up pictures in Memories and Camera Roll.
How to Save Photos from Camera roll to Snapchat
Peradventure you want to save photos on Snapchat, it’s more secure and private. To save photos from your camera roll to Snapchat, follow the steps below:
- First, you need to open the folder and camera roll from which you want to select images.
- Press and choose the images.
- Click on the Share button and choose the Snapchat icon.
- On the left bottom side, you will see the Save icon.
- Click on the icon and your image will be saved.
This process will help save all your images to your camera roll. In case your Settings let your Snapchat save the images only in the camera roll, you can always save them into your Snapchat memories by simply changing the settings (Snapchat settings >> Memories >> Save button >> Select Memories and Camera roll.
Snapchat is such an amazing app that even if you delete and reinstall the application, it will never delete your Snapchat Memories. They will always be safe in the exact location.
I hope you have learned how to back up camera roll to Snapchat with the quick steps aforementioned. Feel free to share your experience of using Snapchat in the comments section below. Enjoy Snapchatting!