If you are not receiving Snapchat notifications on your phone [Android & iPhone] you could be experiencing Snapchat notification not working error. At times, you may receive the Snapchat notification but are faced with the Snapchat notification sound not working.
Whatever error code you are seeing on your Snapchat app this post will provide solutions to them. The article will concentrate mainly on why Snapchat notification sound is not working on Android and iPhone.
So, for Android and iOS users to find and provide solutions to Snapchat notifications not working Android and notifications errors follow the suggested helps in this article.
What are Snapchat Notifications not Working?
The Snapchat notifications not working is an error message that stops the Snapchat app from sending notifications from the app to the user’s phone. The notifications not working on Snapchat will stop the users from receiving all activities on their Snapchat account on their phone.
This will then means that for users to see what is happening on their Snapchat timeline the user has to open the Snapchat app to access all notifications.
The Snapchat notifications no sound issue could be likened to various reasons. For this purpose, we will state various approaches to fix the Snapchat problem and restore the Snapchat notifications sound as well as fix the Snapchat app notifications not working on iPhone and Android.
How to Fix Snapchat Notifications no Working
The following steps will help you with the Snapchat notifications and sound not working on your Android and iPhone. The provision for this guide is based on working tips in 2020 as well as 2021.
Sign out from your Snapchat Account and Sign in Again
This is the first thing to do when your Snapchat notifications are not showing or working. Log out from the Snapchat account and log into the account again. This isn’t an advanced technique to fix Snapchat notifications problems on Android and iPhone. But, it could be what you need to do if you are running the updated version of the official Snapchat app.
The steps to log out of the Snapchat app on your Android phone to clear off the app notification not working is stated below.
- Launch the Snapchat app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the “Profile” picture to the top right.
- Tap on the “Settings” gear icon to the top.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page under “Account Actions.”
- Tap on “yes” from the popup.
- Choose “Log Out” under are you sure you want to log out?
Once you have successfully logged out restart the phone to remove all bytes of the Snapchat app hidden on the logout cache and resign in with your Snapchat username and password.
Clear Snapchat App Cache
There are two ways to clear the Snapchat app cache. First, you can clear the Snapchat app cache via your phone settings, and secondly, it can also be done via the Snapchat app settings. For most apps, clearing their cache fixes most errors including the Snapchat notifications not working on Android and Snapchat app notifications not working on iPhone.
- Launch the Snapchat app and sign in to your account.
- Tap on your profile picture to the top right.
- Click on the “Settings” clog to the top right.
- Scroll down to “Account Actions” and click on “Clear Cache.”
- Tap on “Continue” under “Clear Cache.”
After you have successfully cleared the Snapchat app cache check whether it has helped to fix the notifications not working on your Snapchat account.
Another approach to clear cache and data on your Android phone to fix not receiving Snapchat notifications is to follow the steps below.
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Tap on “Apps” >> Snapchat app.”
- Tap on “Storage.”
- Tap on “Clear cache >> clear data.”
When you click on “Clear Data” it will remove all stored data on your Snapchat app, mainly, your Snapchat password and you will be prompted to sign in again whenever you launch the Snapchat app.
Update Snapchat App
The Snapchat app not receiving notifications could have something to do with the version of the Snapchat app you are using. If the Snapchat notifications error is an internal related issue you would have to stay ahead of the Snapchat version to be able to fix the notifications not working glitch.
- Launch the “Snapchat App” on your Android phone.
- Tap on the “Profile” picture to the top right.
- Choose “Manage apps & device.”
- Tap on “Manage” under “Manage apps & device.”
- Choose “Updates available” under “Manage.”
- Find the “Snapchat” app and check it.
- Tap on the “Update” button beside the trash button to the top right.
Now, launch the Snapchat app again and see if the Snapchat notifications not working on your phone is fixed. In most cases, most internal problems can be fixed by updating the app to the latest release.
Reset Apps Preferences
We hardly do app preferences reset because most of us don’t know much about it. The “reset app preferences” help to fix all errors related to apps on your phone that do not happen as a result of the app internal problem. If the problem causing the error on the phone is external such as an apps glitch or something related to that the “reset app preferences” can fix it.
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Tap “Apps” to via all apps installed on your phone.
- Click on the “3 dots” to the top right.
- Choose “Reset app preferences” from the drop menu.
- Choose “Reset” to proceed.
Meanwhile, the “reset app preferences” will disable apps, notifications, default apps, remove background data restriction from your app and remove restricted permission to return the phone to its working state.
Turn on Snapchat Notifications
If the Snapchat app notifications option is turned off the notifications will not be sent to your phone either on Android or iPhone. So, to be able to receive the Snapchat notifications on your phone the notifications button should be toggled on.
- Open your Snapchat app and sign in.
- Tap on your account profile to the top left.
- Click on the “Settings” clog to the top of the right.
- Tap on “Notifications” under “my account.”
- Check all “Notifications.” Uncheck notification will not work and the notification will not be sent to your phone.
With this, all notifications that are toggled on will be sent to your phone by Snapchat to notify you without signing into your Snapchat app.
Manage Snapchat Story Notifications
If the Snapchat story notifications aren’t properly managed Snapchat will not send the notification to your phone. That means you would have to access the Snapchat app each time you want to see any notification.
- Launch the “Snapchat” app.
- Tap on “Profile >> settings.”
- Click on “Notifications” and choose “Manage my Notifications” under “Stories that I Followed.”
- Check friends whose “Notifications” you want to receive.
- Click on the “Done” button.
With this, you will receive all notifications from the selected friends and subscriptions once they post any story on their timeline on Snapchat.
Turn off “Do Not Disturb” and “Silent” Mode on your Phone
If you are using either the “Do not disturb” or “Silent” feature on your smartphone the Snapchat notifications will not work on your phone. This does not have anything to do with the Snapchat server or settings.
To turn off Silent mode on your Android phone follow the steps below.
- Swipe down the notifications tray.
- Tap on the “Settings clog.”
- Click “Sounds.”
- Toggle the “Silent Mode” button off.
To disable “Do not Disturb” follow the procedures below.
- Go to “Settings >> Sounds.”
- Click on “Do not Disturb.”
- Disable the option.
Once you have turned off silent mode and do not disturb on your phone you should be able to receive notifications from your Snapchat account if the Snapchat notifications were turned off with the features on your phone.
Delete Snapchat App Data
Another approach to fix “Snapchat notification sound not working” is to clear your Snapchat app data. While doing this, you will lose some data which include conversation, cameos selfie, scan history, voice scan history, etc.
To do this, please follow the steps below.
- Sign to your Snapchat account.
- Tap on the “Settings” tab to the top right.
- Navigate to “Accounts Actions.”
- Tap “Clear my Cameos Selfie” and click on “Clear.”
- Tap “Clear scan History” and choose “Clear.”
- Click on “Clear Voice Scan History” and then “Clear” from the popup.
Ideally, if the Snapchat notifications not working or sound not working on your Snapchat is caused by any of the options above the issue should be fixed.
Allow the Snapchat App to Access Internet in the Background
To reduce data consumption on your Android phone you must disable background access on some apps. But to be able to receive Snapchat notifications on your phone the background internet access must not be disabled.
Therefore, to fix Snapchat notifications not working due to background internet access, the restriction must be retrieved and access must be granted to the Snapchat app.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Tap on “Apps” or applications.”
- Choose to open the “Snapchat app.”
- Choose “Data Usage.”
- Scroll down to “Network Access” and enable “Background data.”
If your background data on the Snapchat app is restricted the app notifications will not work until you open the app. So, to fix the Snapchat sounds notifications not working enable background data access.
Force to Stop the Snapchat App
This is another method to fix the Snapchat notifications not working on Android. All you need to do is “Force stop” the Snapchat app and relaunch the app manually again. It’s as simple as that.
- Go to “Settings” on your phone.
- Tap “Apps” and click on the “Snapchat app.
- Tap on “Force Stop.”
- Choose “Force Stop” from the Popup.
Go to your apps menu and click on the “Snapchat” app icon to open the app and sign in to your app.
We have provided some possible ways to fix Snapchat notifications not working both on Android and iPhone. It’s time to know which of the methods help to fix your Snapchat sounds notifications.
Please use the commend box for your interactions.