PS4 has a lot of features you probably didn’t know. Most, especially, the PS4 safe mode, which offers a way to troubleshoot PS4 problems and fix it. Therefore, here in this guide, we’ll take you through everything you need to know about “how to boot into safe mode in PS4” and fix PS4 error using it.
However, before we proceed to unleash how to get PS4 out of safe mode without a controller, here is what you need to know about PS4 safe mode.
What is the PS4 Safe Mode?
The safe mode on PS4 is a feature to allow PS4 users to restart PS4 without the predefined or basic function when the game console is malfunctioning. The safe mode feature can be used to fix a lot of problems when the console ran into one.
Some of the PS4 problems you can fix using the safe mode include:
- System software update.
- Rebuild database.
- Change system resolution.
- Restart the PS4 game console.
- Initialize the game console.
- Access PS4 HDCP mode.
- Restore default settings.
How to Load Safe Mode in PS4
The first option to resolve to when you want to fix or troubleshoot your PS4 is to boot into the game console safe mode.
- Turn off your PS4 game console.
- Press and release the “power button” when you hear the “Second beep”. The second beep should be after 7 seconds.
- Connect your DUALSHOCK 4 controller to the console using a USB cable.
- Press the “PS button” when you see Connect DUALSHOCK 4 using the USB cable message on your screen.
- You will boot into safe mode.
When you are in the safe mode in the PS4 game console, you will be able to troubleshoot the device and fix the problem listed above.
How to Get out of PS4 Safe Mode
When you are in safe mode in your PS4 game console, you will have to select one of the following to get out.
- Restart PS4
- Change Resolution
- Update system software
- Restore default settings
- Rebuild database
- Initialize PS4
- Initialize PS4 (Reinstall system software)
- Set HDCP mode
Note: If you want to keep your PS4 game consoles settings intact, go with the “Restart” feature to restart your game console without altering the settings you have made to the console.
PS4 Safe Mode not Working
What [IF] you cannot boot into safe mode in your PS4 game console? What should you do? Here is how to fix “safe mode” not working on your PS4 game console.
- Fix the game controller properly to be able to press the “PS” button when you are prompt.
- Power cycling the PS4 system.
- Wait for some seconds for the power flashing light to stop.
- Remove the game controller cable and leave it for at least 20 minutes.
- Reconnect the PS4 game console to the power source and the cable.
- Boot to safe mode.
This should fix the issue of safe mode not working on your PS4 game console.