You only have a single opportunity to link Microsoft account to play Minecraft game with a unique 8 digit code to link your Microsoft account to your Minecraft game with your PS4 Gamertag, after which you cannot remove the connected account from it. Microsoft account is not one of the criteria to play Minecraft on PS4. It’s a mere free account to link with your friends who also play Minecraft.
However, if you are interested to know how to link Microsoft account to PS4 this post will put you through on the step by step approach.
The benefits, among others why you need to link your Microsoft account to your PS4 is to have direct access to your marketplace. The bad; once you link a Microsoft account to a PS4 account, you cannot unlink the account again without a loss. That is, there is no way to unlink Microsoft account from PS4 once it’s linked without losing the data on the previous account.
Although you can unlink Microsoft from the PS4 account, you will lose all access to your purchase and entitlements. The Microsoft account isn’t a must. But it helps you access your purchased items on the device.
Table of Contents
What is Aka ms remoteconnect?
Aka ms remoteconnect (http://aka.ms/remoteconnect) is a web portal designed to activate PS4 account with 8 digit activation code on your TV screen. This website is required to link Microsoft to PS4 account online. When you are putting the whole process in place, you will see an 8 digit code that you need to type on http://aka.ms/remoteconnect when you signed in to your Microsoft account.
How to Create Microsoft Account
As part of this guide to link your Microsoft account to your PS4 game console, we will walk you through how to create a Microsoft account.
- Open your browser and go to login.live.com and click on “Sign Up Now.
- The sign-up form will appear. You need to provide all personal information such as full name, address, date of birth, etc.
- Read the terms and conditions and click on “Create Account”.
- Your account will be created, and you will be taken to your new account settings.
Now that your Microsoft account is ready, we are good to link the account on your PS4.
How to Link Microsoft Account to PS4
Here are the steps required to link Microsoft account to PS4 to play the Minecraft game and
- Open the “Minecraft” game on your PS4.
- Click “Sign in with Microsoft account”.
- Take note of the “8” digits activation code on your screen.
- Go to http://aka.ms/remoteconnect on your web browser.
- Enter Microsoft code on the screen and click “Next”.
- Follow the instruction on the screen to finish linking the selected Microsoft to your PS4 so that you can access all your account on a device.
How to Find Friends on PS4 After Linking
If your friends have a Microsoft account, whether it’s linked to a PS4 or not, you can find them at your end using their Gamertag names.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Click on the “Play” button on the home screen.
- You will see the “Friends tab” to the right side of the screen.
- Click “Add Friends”.
- Type the friend’s “Microsoft Gamertag” and click enter on your keyboard.
- When the search result appears to click on the “Add” button.
If you entered the correct Microsoft Gamertag of your friend (s), the search result will bring it up, and you will be able to add it to your Minecraft gamer list.