You have got different options on how to cancel HBO subscription and save some money for the holiday. So, in this guide, I will walk you through how to cancel HBO on Amazon prime and other options that are available.
Meanwhile, for you to be able to cancel your HBO subscription via Amazin it’d mean that you subscribed to HBO service via Amazon.
Otherwise, you would need to follow through the website where you subscribed to your HBO service.
So, let’s get started.
How to Cancel HBO on Amazon
For one reason or the other, if you subscribed to HBO on Amazon store follow the procedures below to end or cancel your subscription.
- Go to the Amazon app store and sign in to your Amazon account if you are prompted to do so.
- Find “HBO Now” from the list of the services you subscribed to on Amazon Prime.
- Click on the option to turn off or cancel HBO subscription.
Now, your HBO Now subscription will be active until the next renewal and you will not be charged henceforth.
How to Cancel HBO on Amazon Prime
For users that subscribed to HBO on Amazon Prime here is how to cancel HBO auto-renewal on Amazon Prime.
- Log in to your Amazon Prime account.
- Click on the “Profile” option and click on “Manage subscription.”
- Navigate to “Prime Video Channel” to access all the list of paid services you are subscribed to.
- Go to HBO and click on “Cancel Channel (s).”
- Click on “Cancel Subscription.”
Follow the instruction on the screen and cancel your subscription. HBO will attempt to lure you to stay subscribed to the service but if you have made up your mind you wouldn’t want to fall for it. Just go ahead to cancel the HBO subscription to avoid being charged during the next renewal cycle.
Next, we will consider how to cancel HBO on other services which will cover iTunes, Roku, Google play store, and Apple apps store.
How to Cancel HBO Subscription on Roku
There are two ways to cancel HBO subscription. Firstly, you can go through the official Roku website to cancel your HBO subscription and secondly, on Roku device.
How to Cancel HBO on Roku Website
Follow the steps below you will be able to cancel your HBO subscription on Roku website if you subscribe to HBO directly from your Roku app or website.
- Go to my.roku.com and sign in to your Roku account.
- Click on “Manage Subscription.”
- Find “HBO Now” from the list of the services and click “Unsubscribe.”
This looks simple but your HBO auto-renewal service after free trial will be disabled or turned off.
How to Cancel HBO Subscription on Roku Device
Whichever Roku devices that you are using following the procedures below will help to cancel your HBO subscription auto-renewal service.
- Switch on the Roku device and press the home button. If you are facing a problem with your remote control check out our guide on how to fix Roku TV remote.
- Highlight “HBO Chhanel” using the remote directional button.
- Open the “HBO” options menu once highlighted with the (*) button.
- Highlight “Manage Subscription” and select it.
- Select “Cancel Subscription.”
That is it. HBO auto-renewal will be cancelled following the procedures above on your Roku device or going through the official Roku website.
How to Cancel HBO Subscription on Apple
Apart from how to cancel HBO subscription on Amazon Prime app, you can utilize the feature to cancel the HBO channels services on your Apple device.
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Click on your profile name.
- Now, you want to tap on “Apple ID” located at the top of the screen.
- Click on “View Apple ID” and sign in when prompted.
- Click on “Subscriptions” to view all active subscriptions.
- Find and click on “HBO Now” subscription tap.
- Click on “Cancel Subscription” if you are using iOS 10 or later on your iPhone or iPad or click on turn off “Automatical Renewal” for iOS version below iOS 10.
How to Cancel HBO Subscription on Web
Apart from the procedures to cancel HBO on Amazon, Amazon Prime, Roku, and even on iPhone (Apple devices) you can also manage and cancel your HBO subscription auto-renewal on the official website.
- Go to HBONOW.com website on your browser.
- Click on “Sign In” at the top right of the homepage.
- Locate “Settings” at the top-right corner and click on it.
- Next, you will detail information concerning your HBO Now subscription which include next billing date, account payment method, and all services that are set to auto-renewal on the platform.
- Click on the “Auto-renewal” button to turn the option to renew your next subscription automatically of.
- Confirm this from the popup.
Now the auto-renewal button should show off and the information about the expiry date of your active subscription should show up.