This guide is about how to cancel Acorn TV on Roku. When you delete the Acorn TV channel from your TV it doesn’t equivalent to canceling your Acorn TV subscription. The guide to close Acorn TV on Roku may appear sketchy to you but if you don’t want to be charged at the end of every active month, it’s important to cancel your subscription.
When you cancel the Acorn TV subscription on Roku your premium access to the TV channel will be blocked. To unblock it, you need to re-subscribe again. And you can change your Acorn plan (downgrade and upgrade) if you think the plan is too high to afford for you rather than terminating your account.
Canceling your Acorn TV on your Roku doesn’t automatically delete your Acorn account. What it does is that it removes you from the Acorn payment plan and keep your account active so that you can re-subscribe at any time. So, if you choose to delete your Acorn account, then, you should consider removing your credit card from the platform.
How to Cancel Acorn TV Subscription
Here, we considered the general approach to cancel the Acorn subscription. This approach ends the subscription on all devices including Roku, Xfinity, Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Samsung TV, and other popular smart TVs.
- Log in to your Acorn.tv account.
- Click on “M Acorn TV” located at the top right of your screen.
- Navigate to and click on “Manage Account”.
- Locate and click “Cancel Membership” to the left of the screen.
- Click on “Cancel Acorn TV” from the pop-up.
After you have confirmed that you want to cancel your Acorn TV subscription from the pop-up your Acorn subscription will be terminated and you will be disconnected from all other devices.
How to Cancel Acorn TV on Roku
Here is a newbie guide to cancel the Acorn TV subscription on Roku.
- Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
- Enter your email and password to sign in to your Roku account.
- Click on “Manage” subscriptions.
- From the list of active subscriptions click on the “Acorn TV.”
- Select “Cancel” or “Unsubscribe”.
A successful message will be sent to you confirming that you have successfully canceled your Acorn TV subscription on Roku.
An alternative approach to terminate Acorn subscription is to remove your credit card or PayPal account from the “Acorn Payment method” so what when Acorn tries to charge it, the payment will not go through.