It’s usually recommended that every internet user change their passwords to the important online platform every few months especially if they don’t have a strong and unique password. If you don’t know how this is done; this guide will put you through how to change your Facebook password
It’s possible a reshuffled name was created to be the password to your Facebook account. Well, I’m sorry to say that anyone can easily guess the password right and be able to log in to your account. You must change your Facebook password from time to time using very strong and unique options which Facebook will also grade.
Peradventure you forgot your Facebook password, you can always reset it or if you are still logged in you can still change it. Even if you suspect any unauthorized access to your Facebook account, you can quickly change the Facebook password before everything goes out of control.
Best Time to Change your Facebook Password?
In case you are asking yourself when is the best time to reset your Facebook password, well, how frequently you should change your password is still up for debate. Some experts suggested every 90 days; however, others contend that changing it more frequently than that can have the opposite effect.
The answer to this question will vary depending on your data privacy practices. It’s usually a good idea to change your password more frequently if you are concerned about it being hacked or stolen. Alternatively, changing your password less frequently can be a better option if you have trouble remembering different passwords.
How to Change your Facebook Password
In case you are already logged in and you using the classic mobile browser, you can follow the simple steps below:
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right of the Facebook page.
- Scroll down and click on Settings and Privacy, then select Settings.
- Choose Password and Security.
- Click on Change Password.
- Enter your present and new password and re-type the new password.
- Finally, click on Save Changes.
That’s it! You have successfully changed your Facebook password.
In case you are using an updated mobile browser, then you can follow the steps below to reset your Facebook password, although the steps are similar:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the top right of Facebook.
- Scroll down and click on Settings, then click on Security and login.
- Select Change Password.
- Enter your current and new passwords, and re-type the new password.
- Now, click on Save Changes.
If you are already logged in but can’t remember your password, click Forgot password? and follow the instructions to reset it. Note that you will require access to the email address linked to your account.
How to Reset Facebook Password if you forget It
If you can’t log in to your Facebook account because you forgot your password, check below for how to change your Facebook password:
- Navigate to the Facebook official website (www.facebook.com) in your browser.
- On the Facebook login page, you can click Forgot account link below Password in the login section at the top-right.
- Go to the Find Your Account page.
- Type in your email address or phone number linked to your Facebook account.
- Tap the Search button.
- In the Reset Your Password window, you will be asked to select a method for how to get the code to reset your Facebook password.
- You can choose the option to either send the code via email or SMS.
- Then, tap Send.
- Open your email box or check your phone for new messages.
- Enter the 6-digit security code sent to you and click Continue.
- Type a new password for your Facebook account, and click Continue to complete the Facebook password reset process.
How to Reset your Facebook Password using a Computer
If you are logged in to your Facebook account via a computer and you can’t remember your password, here’s how to reset your Facebook password:
- Navigate to http://www.facebook.com using a web browser such as Safari, Firefox, or Chrome to change your Facebook password.
- If you are not signed in automatically, ensure you log in.
- While logged in, select the top-right dropdown tab icon.
- On the “Settings & Privacy” menu, select “Settings.”
- Then, click “Security and Login.”
- Select “Change Password,” and click “Edit.”
- Enter your new password, then your current password.
- Choose the “Save Changes” option.
Now, this is how to successfully change your Facebook password on a computer.
How to Change Facebook Password on Facebook iOS App
If you are using an iOS device, then here’s how you can reset your Facebook password without any hassle:
- Open Facebook and click on the bottom-right button with three stacked horizontal lines.
- Choose “Settings & Privacy” under the Settings menu.
- Select “Security and Login” followed by “Change Password”.
- Enter your current password, then type in your new password twice.
- Finally, choose “Save changes”.
That’s it! Now, you have your Facebook password changed successfully on your Apple device.
How to Change Facebook Password on an Android device
The procedures listed below can help you change your password if you are using the Facebook app on an Android phone or tablet:
- Open Facebook (www.facebook.com) using your mobile browser.
- Tap on the three-line icon at the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and click on “Settings & Privacy”.
- Choose “Security” then “Security and Login”.
- Select “Change Password”.
- Type in your current password, then enter your new password twice
- Finally, click on “Save changes”.
That’s it! Now, you have your Facebook password changed successfully on your Android device.
Advantages of Changing your Password Regularly
You must update your password frequently even if it’s a strong one that’s difficult to guess. If a hacker manages to get your password, they won’t be able to log into your account until you change it.
You can make it more difficult for hackers to access your account by regularly changing your password. The following are the benefits of changing your password from time to time:
- It helps to safeguard your personal information if you use the same password for your Facebook account as you do for other accounts (such as your email or online banking).
The process of changing your Facebook password is quick and simple, and it only takes a few minutes.
You may quickly create a new password by simply following the instructions outlined in this article, whether you are using the desktop website or mobile app.
Don’t forget to use two-factor authentication and take other security precautions to keep your account safe.