Did you just get an Apple Watch either as a gift or you bought it with your hard-earned money and you are wondering how you can use WhatsApp on your Apple Watch? Look no further as we will walk you through everything you need to know about how to use WhatsApp on Apple Watch without any issues.
Although the process to take to install WhatsApp on your Apple Watch is straightforward but you might need to use a 3rd party app. So, while we will focus on how to use WhatsApp on Apple Watch, we will recommend some apps that will make this a soft ride for you.
The 3rd party app we will make use of here includes the WhatChat 2 or Chatify app.
You need to download a third-party app such as the WhatChat 2 app or Chatify so that you can view all your messages and send voice messages.
These apps allow you to respond to WhatsApp messages quickly from your Apple Watch. By immediately writing on the screen of your Apple Watch, you can create whatever message you like.
Although WhatsApp is the most widely used messaging service worldwide, its owner Facebook does not believe that an Apple Watch app is necessary.
However, using WhatsApp on your Apple Watch is still possible. Here’s a breakdown of how to use WhatsApp on Apple Watch easily.
How to Get WhatsApp Notifications on Apple Watch
To view and respond to all of your WhatsApp messages from your Apple Watch, you must first enable notifications. Once you succeed at getting notifications on your Apple Watch, then any message you receive from Whatsapp on your iPhone will also appear on your Apple Watch.
Here’s how you set up your Apple Watch to receive notifications from WhatsApp Messenger, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Navigate to Notifications.
- Scroll down and choose WhatsApp.
- Enable the Allow Notifications by tapping the toggle switch.
- Choose Show in Notification Center and Show on Lock Screen.
You can as well enable Sounds, Badges, and Banners. Now, you have successfully turned on WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch.
How to Set Up Apple Watch to Mirror WhatsApp Notification Alerts
Configure your Apple Watch to mirror WhatsApp notification alerts now that these settings are enabled, follow the steps below:
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to Notifications.
- Scroll down to WhatsApp and enable Notifications.
- WhatsApp notifications will now appear on your Apple Watch.
Although the functionality is constrained in the sense that you are unable to send a new message, use voice messaging, or type a response.
You can choose from a list of simple reply options, such as Hello, Thank you, What’s up, OK, or I’m on my way?
How to Use WhatsApp on Apple Watch
Before you can use WhatsApp on your Apple Watch, you need to first ensure that your iPhone is Bluetooth enabled and that your Apple Watch is connected to that Bluetooth connection as well.
Follow the steps below to use WhatsApp on Apple Watch:
- Go to Settings >> Bluetooth to find out.
- You must have WhatsApp installed on your iPhone and WhatsApp notifications enabled in the iPhone settings.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings >> Notifications >> WhatsApp to enable notifications. To enable all three alerts, turn on Allow Notifications.
- Now, open your Apple Watch app.
- Navigate to Notifications and scroll down to the Mirror iPhone Alerts from the section.
- At the bottom, toggle on WhatsApp.
- Any WhatsApp notifications received on your iPhone will now be displayed on your Apple Watch.
- To turn off those notifications in the future, go to the Notifications section and uncheck WhatsApp.
That’s it! Now you can easily use WhatsApp on Apple watch without any restrictions.
Third-Party WhatsApp Apps that work on Apple Watch
For this article, we will be looking at 2 third-party WhatsApp apps that work on Apple Watch, which are WatchChat 2 and Chatify. These two and WhatsUp, are among the most well-known. Check out the characteristics of these apps below:
This is our favourite at the moment, and it’s free with a $2.99 in-app purchase to unlock its full functionality. The app has been available for four years and has received four and a half stars out of five in the App Store.
The setup is simple: all you need to do is scan a QR code to gain access to group chats, videos, HD pictures, stickers, voice messages as well as messages on their own.
Thanks to Chatify, WhatsApp is now accessible on your wrist. Send and receive WhatsApp messages, view chat images, listen to voice messages, view emojis and stickers, and see when contacts reply.
Chatify Premium, a $4.99 upgrade, unlocks additional features such as faster download speeds and expanded search capabilities.
It should be noted that Chatify for WhatsApp is not a Facebook-created official WhatsApp app. When sharing information, use caution, as with any third-party application.
How to Install and Use WatchChat 2 on your Apple Watch.
Here’s how to download and install WatchChat 2 on your Apple Watch, follow the steps below:
- Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to enter the Apps view and access the App Store.
- Look for WatchChat 2.
- Click on Get.
- Type in your passcode, and your watch will prompt you to set one if you haven’t already before allowing you to proceed.
- After the app has been installed, it will open and, after some time, a QR code will be shown.
- On your iPhone, launch WhatsApp, select Settings, and then click on the QR code icon next to your profile picture.
- To connect your Apple Watch to WhatsApp, scan the QR code with your phone.
Now on your Apple Watch, you can use WatchChat 2 to access all of your WhatsApp conversations, including group conversations. You may visit the settings menu to change the font size, audio level, and country-specific keyboards by long-pressing on a message.
The features you rely on now might not be available tomorrow since third-party developers can’t foresee changes Meta might make to the core WhatsApp app. WatchChat is a $2.99 app that has received excellent reviews.
That means you should choose an app that is regularly updated; otherwise, your app may become less useful over time. Another reason we like WatchChat 2 is that it has been updated more than twenty times in 2021.
How to Install and Use Chatify on Apple Watch
To get Chatify on your Apple Watch, make sure it’s properly paired with your iPhone and updated to the latest version. Sign in to WhatsApp on your iPhone. Follow the steps below:
- On your iPhone, go to the App Store and search for Chatify for WhatsApp.
- Launch Chatify from your Apple Watch, you will be given a QR code to scan with WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone, then go to Settings >> WhatsApp Web/Desktop >> Scan the QR code.
- Scan the QR code that appears on your Apple Watch with your iPhone camera.
- WhatsApp messages are now visible on your Apple Watch, you can also respond directly from your wrist.
It’s worth noting that dozens of apps in the App Store perform the same function as Chatify. Choose an alternative application if you are dissatisfied with it or are put off by user reviews.
To work behind the scenes on your iOS device, they all use the same set of APIs. Now, you can use WhatsApp on Apple Watch without any setback.
How to Check and Respond to WhatsApp Notifications on the Apple Watch
A red dot notification will show up on your Watch face when a new message from WhatsApp on your iPhone arrives. The sender’s name and the WhatsApp logo will be displayed. You should be aware that you can only view new WhatsApp messages; you can’t read previously stored chats. Follow the steps below:
- To read the message, click on it. Remember that on the Watch, voice messages cannot be listened to and photos may seem blurry and un-viewable, you must access your phone to do it.
- When you dismiss it, it will be removed from the screen and marked as read in the WhatsApp iOS app. If you click on Dismiss, you will never be able to return the message to the Apple Watch screen again.
- Tap Reply to respond to a text message, there are 3 options for responding; the first is Suggestions, which are short pre-configured responses. Tapping on one will send it to the other person on WhatsApp right away.
- You can also scribble in the middle of the screen, and the Watch hopefully will be able to read it and convert it to text.
- You can also dictate your response by tapping the microphone icon in the bottom right-hand corner. You can also insert the appropriate smiley using the emoji icon.
This is all about how to use WhatsApp on Apple Watch. Ensure you drop your comment below and let us know if you were able to use WhatsApp on your Apple Watch.