Do you have a Nintendo Switch that you would love to connect to the Hotel’s Wifi? Then, this article will cover all you need to know about how to connect a switch to Hotel Wifi.
Although, connecting a switch to Hotel Wifi may not be as easy as connecting via a traditional web browser or PC. It’s very easy to even connect to a public Wifi or a mobile hotspot but the same cannot be said about connecting a gaming system on a Hotel Wifi.
Some hotels usually have the challenge of weak Wifi signal but even the standard hotels provide difficulty due to IP address protection and other security codes required to run a secure and reliable hotel Wifi network.
One of the most common gaming consoles is the Nintendo Switch and for this post, we will be using the Nintendo as a reference. Connecting a PS4, Xbox or Nintendo Switch to a new Wifi network, especially one that is password-protected is not as easy as it seems.
In this article, you will get all the necessary information you need on how to connect a switch to hotel Wifi and the requirements you will need for the registration, and the several methods to achieve it. Read on!
What Do You Need to Get Your Switch Connected?
As a guest in a hotel, you need to have all the components of the Switch with you before you can connect to the hotel’s Wifi. Although, most gamers know that they should travel with these items, as a hotel attendant, ensure to double-check before getting started. You will need the following before you can connect a Switch to hotel Wifi:
- AC Adapter.
- HDMI cable.
- Wifi username and password.
In case you forgot to take along one or two of the aforementioned items, then you should be able to connect with the front desk via any of these preferred methods at your hotel since most of them keep gaming gear on property:
- Guest messaging software.
- Guest room tablets.
- Hotel App.
- Mobile ordering software.
This is all you need to get your switch connected to Hotel Wifi.
How to Connect a Switch to Hotel Wifi
In case you went through a contactless check-in process at the hotel, then you may not have had the privilege to ask the front desk about how to connect a Switch to hotel Wifi or the in-room entertainment system.
Even though the process of connecting a Nintendo Switch to Wifi is a bit complicated, following the steps below will help you unravel the puzzle behind it:
- Go to “Settings” in the main Menu.
- On the left-hand Menu, under Settings, choose “Internet” and go to “Internet settings”.
- The Switch will begin to search for any available network.
- You should see your hotel’s network appear.
- Tap on the network to prompt the Switch to start the registration process.
- The network needs a password and will ask for registration.
- Click on “Next”.
- A browser window will be displayed where the guest can enter the login details.
- Once the guest sends via the password, the Wifi will connect.
That’s all about how to connect a Switch to hotel Wifi. However, in case you couldn’t connect your Nintendo Switch to the hotel Wifi, then, you can go ahead to try the following fixes.
Can’t Connect a Switch to Hotel Wifi? Try these Fixes!
Some guests usually encounter problems when connecting to the login page which is the step after you tap next to register. One issue most hotels complain about is slower connections.
One solution you can try is to set up the Switch to not go to sleep and leave it while trying to connect. After about 15 to 20 minutes, the login window will pop up so you can enter your hotel’s login credentials or whatever. You can try the following troubleshooting steps if you can’t connect a Switch to Hotel Wifi:
Connect via another browser page
When the Switch won’t load the registration/login page, you can make the page load by accessing it via a different website. For example, if you try accessing Facebook, the hotel’s Wifi will redirect you to sign in.
Once you have successfully logged in, you will be connected to the internet and you will be able to game. Here’s how to initiate a redirect to the login page.
- Inform your guest to go into User Settings and then social media settings.
- This will direct you to a browser.
- Your hotel security system will then redirect the guest to the login page.
- From the login page, you can then proceed as normal.
If connecting to a different browser page does not fix the problem of can’t connect a switch to hotel Wifi, you can proceed to the next fix below and see if it solves your issue.
Connect using a Laptop
You can successfully connect a Switch to Hotel Wifi via your laptop. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Connect to WiFi on your laptop.
- Create an Ad Hoc Network on your laptop.
- Connect to the newly created Ad Hoc network on your Switch.
- Now, you can enjoy your Switch with unlimited internet access but it’s slightly slower due to the multiple connections.
- Don’t power off or close your laptop while connecting a Switch to Hotel Wifi.
You can proceed to the next fix if connecting a Switch to Hotel Wifi via a laptop doesn’t work.
Use a Third-Party Hotspot
The Connectify Hotspot software app grants you access to Wifi via a Windows laptop. Although, it’s not an ideal setup since the guest needs to have the laptop and Connectify already installed. Note that Connectify is free and works with Nintendo Switch.
This article is all about how to connect a Switch to hotel Wifi. I hope this article answers all your questions about how you can connect your Nintendo Switch to Hotel Wifi. If yes, then kindly drop a comment in the section below.