The first wireless earbuds which are now popularly known as Airpods was first announced on September 7, 2016, by Apple, just about the time iPhone 7 came out.
The AirPods was a breakthrough product for Apple as it grossed $12 billion in sales in the year 2019, not only because Apple is a luxury brand, but also because the AirPods solved a major problem of hanging wires all around you.
And, with the addition of the W1 or H1 chip, your Apple Airpods can automatically connect to any Apple devices ranging from your iPhones, iPad and even Macbook PC via iCloud
But the question is: can you connect AirPods to Dell Laptop?
Since we know Dell PC isn’t an Apple product and it comes with a pre-installed Windows OS (windows 7, Windows 8 and WIndows 10).
Does it means Your Apple AirPods won’t work with your Dell system? Let’s find that out.
Can you Connect AirPods To Dell laptops?
According to Apple, Airpods can be paired with any device (including non-apple devices) as long as they are Bluetooth compatible and since your Dell Laptop comes with Bluetooth compatibility, your apple AirPods will work seamlessly with it
Now, the question is how do you connect your Apple Airpods to your dell Laptop?
Don’t miss how to connect AirPods to HP laptop.
How To Connect AirPods To Dell Laptops
To connect Airpods to Dell Laptops follow these step by step instructions closely:
- Get your AirPods and put them into their charging case and enable Bluetooth mode or Bluetooth pairing mode. Also, ensure that they are well charged.
- As soon as you’ve done this, go to the Start menu of your dell Laptop and open the “settings” window. As an alternative, you can click on the start menu and type in “setting” or press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings window on your Dell Laptop.
- Now that you are on the “settings” window, simply locate “devices” and click on it.
- On the “Devices” window at the top, you should see the option “Bluetooth & other devices”.
- Now, you need to ensure that your Bluetooth device is turned ON. For Windows 8 and later you can turn ON your Bluetooth by opening “action centre” and then select Bluetooth.
- Over there you will see a sliding switch that you can use to turn on/off your Bluetooth connection.
Note: If you are using windows 7 and you want to connect Airpods to Dell windows 7.
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > and select “Add a Device” to view all available Bluetooth devices that are within range and are ON.
If you’re faced with a scenario where your laptop doesn’t have in-built Bluetooth, in that case, you will need to get a USB Bluetooth dongle
- As soon as you’ve ON your Bluetooth device, kindly, look for the “Add Bluetooth& other devices” at the very top (which has a plus icon) and click on it.
- Now you will be able to see the multiple Bluetooth devices that are within range.
- Next, you will have to turn ON the Bluetooth of your Apple Airpods by doing these:
- Open the lid to your AirPods at the backside of the case. You will see a button there. Simply press and hold down the button for a few seconds till you see a white light blinking from the charging light
- Go back to your Dell Laptop and see if you can find your AirPods on the list of Bluetooth devices that are within range
- Once you can see your AirPod listed in the available Bluetooth devices, click on it. However, in a scenario where you can’t see your AirPods device, simply wait for a few seconds
Note: It might appear as a headphones option and later change to Airpods.
- Now that you’ve clicked on Airpods, your device will start connecting, and once it is connected, you will see a message saying “your device is ready to go“
- Now, select “done” and test if your AirPods are working correctly by playing audio on your dell laptop.
After successfully doing all these, any audio you play on your Dell Laptop should be audible on the AirPods, since you’ve Connected your Apple AirPods to your Dell Laptop.
Now, if after enjoying the music you disconnected both devices, and you maybe you want to reconnect Your AirPods to Your Dell laptop again, simply do this below.
How Can I Reconnect My AirPods To A Dell Laptop?
Reconnecting is easier since you’ve initially paired both devices together, all you have to do is, put on the Bluetooth of the AirPods device and it will instantly connect with your Dell Laptop.
Moving forward, you might want to re-connect your AirPods to your Dell PC and you’re faced with issues such as “Airpods isn’t connecting to your dell laptop” if you are experiencing that, here’s what you should do.
How to Resolve “AirPods not Connecting to your Dell Computer”
Since Bluetooth glitches can occur while trying to re-connect your Airpods to your Dell Laptop.
If you are faced with a situation such as your “AirPods not connecting to your Dell Computer“, simply Unpair your AirPods from your Dell Laptop and pair them again by following the steps listed above.
Doing this alone will resolve the majority of connection issues.
Now that you’ve figured out How to Connect AirPods to Dell laptops. how do you disconnect it, if maybe you want to connect a new one and the old one keeps connecting automatically?
To disconnect your AirPods, kindly follow these steps:
How Can I Disconnect My AirPods From A Dell Laptop?
- On your Dell Laptop Go to “Settings“
- On the “settings” windows, locate “Bluetooth & Other Devices” and click on it
- Now, scroll down until you can see the “Audio” section, over there you will see your AirPods, click on it.
- Moving forward, you will see an option with “remove device” simply click on it to remove that AirPod device.
Now that you’ve figured out how to connect AirPods to Dell Laptop, there are some issues you need to be aware of after connecting both devices, with some possible solutions.
Does AirPods battery drain faster when used with a Dell Laptop?
Since your Airpods device is made for Apple products, Connecting your dell laptop to the Apple AirPods will drain the AirPods battery faster
Can you connect two Dell Laptops with an AirPod at a time?
You can’t do this, you can only make a one-way connection between your AirPods and Dell Laptop
If you Connect AirPods to Dell Laptop will it affect how long your Airpods will last?
No, using your Airpods with your Dell Pc doesn’t affect how long you will be able to make use of it.
What possible problem can occur while using AirPods with a Dell laptop?
Generally, you could experience a drop in audio quality and pairing issues, and sometimes disconnection, but all these don’t occur constantly. as they are simple issues that can be easily resolved.
The Apple Airpods has been a huge problem-solving product. Nowadays, you can listen to music using your Airpods device, without having to use any wires.
And, since AirPods generally can be connected through Bluetooth, you can use it to connect Airpods to Dell Laptop quite easily.
If you’re using an HP Laptop, you can find the step by step instructions to connecting your Airpods to it here