Although AirPods are not designed to work with other products such as Dell or HP. Airpods are designed to work with Apple devices such as macOS devices and iOS [iPhone, iPad & iPod]. However, there is a walkaround on how to connect your AirPods with your HP laptop. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss how to connect AirPods to HP laptop.
Since AirPods and AirPods both have a Bluetooth function, you can connect your AirPods to your HP laptop or Dell laptop with a Bluetooth feature. So, you don’t have to bother to get a MAC computer to use your AirPods or AirPods pro. You can also beckon on this article on how to connect AirPods to HP laptop and use your Airpod or AirPods pro as your HP laptop earbud.
Although, when I connected my AirPods to my HP laptop, I discovered that my AirPods connected to my HP but not sound. You can fix AirPods won’t connect to HP laptop, though, but this article is what you need to connect AirPods pro to HP laptop windows 10.
Turn on HP Laptop Bluetooth
To connect an external device such as AirPods to your HP laptop, you need to turn on your HP laptop Bluetooth function. With this, the HP can detect other devices with a Bluetooth feature, such as your AirPods or AirPods pro.
Follow the steps below to turn on your HP laptop Bluetooth feature.
- Click on the Windows 10
- Search for “Control Panel” and click on it.
- Select “HP Wireless Assistant.”
- Click on “Bluetooth” from the wireless assistant lists.
- Please turn on the Bluetooth discoverable function to make your HP laptop available when other devices search for it.
For Windows 11, follow the steps below to turn on your HP laptop Bluetooth.
- Click on your Windows 11 “Action Centre button” on your HP laptop taskbar.
- Your Windows action centre will pop up.
- Right-click on the “Bluetooth” blue icon.
- Select “Open Settings.”
- Toggle the Bluetooth from “grey” to “blue” icon to turn on your HP laptop Bluetooth.
Now, your Windows 11 Bluetooth will be turned on, and it’s ready for pairing.
How to Turn on your Airpods or Airpods Bluetooth
You also need to turn on your AirPods or AirPods Bluetooth to enable other devices such as your HP laptop to detect the Airpod and pair it.
- Charge your AirPods or AirPods pro using the charging case.
- Keep the AirPods pro charging lid open.
- Press and hold the AirPods setup button until the Bluetooth light starts flashing white light.
Once your AirPods or AirPods pro is in Bluetooth pair mode, your HP laptop will be able to detect and connect to it.
How to Connect Airpods to HP Laptop using Bluetooth
Here are the simple steps to take to connect your AirPods pro or AirPods to your HP laptop using Bluetooth.
- Press and hold the AirPods or AirPods pro button/lid on the AirPods pro.
- Wait until the led light starts blinking white.
- Go to Bluetooth on your HP laptop.
- Click on “Add Device.”
- Wait for the HP laptop to search for the available Bluetooth enabled device.
- Click on your “Airpods name from the discoverable.
- Wait for the HP laptop and AirPods to pair.
- Once your AirPods and HP have been paired, the HP will display “Done.”
- Click on it.
After this, your AirPods or AirPods pro and your HP laptop will be paired, and the AirPods are ready for use with your HP. Meanwhile, you can only pair your AirPods or AirPods pro with a device at once.
Airpods won’t Connect to HP Laptop
It’s possible that your AirPods won’t connect to your HP laptop. Of course, a lot of reasons could contribute to this. So, here we will discuss some of the reasons why your AirPods won’t connect to your HP laptop using both devices Bluetooth.
Disable and Enable your HP Laptop Bluetooth
If both your AirPods or AirPods pro and your HP laptop ain’t paired, your AirPods won’t connect to your HP laptop. So, turn off your HP laptop Bluetooth, remove the AirPods name from your pair list, turn off your AirPods or AirPods pro, and re-pair the two devices again.
Update your Airpods or Airpods Pro Firmware
If your AirPods or AirPods pro is outdated, it won’t connect to your HP laptop; therefore, if your AirPods or AirPods pro won’t connect to your HP laptop, just go ahead to update your AirPods firmware.
- Insert your AirPods into the casing as if you want to charge it.
- Use the AirPods lighting to cable to connect the AirPods to the power sources.
- Put the AirPods or AirPods pro into Bluetooth mode.
- Connect the AirPods to your iPhone or iPad, or iPod.
- Connect the iOS device to the internet.
- If there is an update available, the update will be downloaded and installed on your AirPods.
Upon downloading the latest AirPods firmware, disconnect the AirPods or AirPods pro your iPhone, enable your HP laptop Bluetooth and connect to the AirPods.
If the reason why your AirPods won’t connect to an HP laptop is the firmware version, the steps above should fix it.
Update your HP Laptop Bluetooth Driver
You should also consider updating your HP laptop Bluetooth to the latest firmware in case the firmware is outdated. Meanwhile, if you upgrade your Windows OS, often your Windows 11 or Windows 10 device Bluetooth driver should be up-to-date.
- Press “Win + X” at the same time.
- Select “Device Manager.”
- Expand “Bluetooth.”
- Right-click on “Bluetooth Device” >> Update Driver.”
- Select “Search automatically for drivers.”
- Your Windows will search for the latest Bluetooth driver and install it on your computer.
Once your Windows 10 or Windows 11 Bluetooth is updated, turn on the Bluetooth and pair it with your AirPods or AirPods.
This guide has discussed in detail how to connect AirPods to HP laptop and how you can fix AirPods won’t connect to HP laptop.