Have you upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11? Let us explore the process to take a screenshot on Windows 11. If you are using Windows 11, you will the combination of keys to press and hold to screenshot your Windows 11 home, screenshot specific page, and how you can screenshot your Windows 11 computer and paste the screenshot on Windows paint.
With the new Windows 11 OS, you can take a screenshot of your Windows 11 OS and upload it directly to your google drive account. Although the keys to take a screenshot on Windows 11 depends on your computer keyboard.
Meanwhile, no matter the position of your Windows key, you need the Windows key, Alt, and Print Scr or Prt Sc or Prt Scr to screenshot your Windows 11.
How to Take Screenshot on Windows 11
To take a screenshot on your Windows 11 you must follow either of the process listed below.
- Use the computer or laptop PrtSc (Print Screen) Key and Paste.
- Use your laptop or computer PrtSc/PrtScr Key With OneDrive.
- Use the Windows (Win R) and Print Screen (PrtScr)
- Use a Windows Snipping Tool
- Screenshot Windows 11 with the Windows Key game.
- Take Windows 11 screenshot on Surface Tablet with the Up-volume.
Here in this article, you will learn how you can take a screenshot on your Windows 11 laptop or desktop using the methods that we listed above.
How to Take Screenshot on Windows 11 using Windows PrtScr & Paste
This particular method to take Windows 11 screenshots won’t give any sign that you have taken the screenshot. But, in the real sense, it took the screenshot of the screen and save it on the clipboard.
After then, you can paste it on your editing tool and save it or start editing the screenshot. And in this case, we will make use of the Windows 11 paint app.
- Go to the screen you want to take the screenshot
- Press “PrtScr” or “PrtSc” or “Print Screen” once.
- Open the editing tool or paint app on your Windows 11.
- Press “Ctrl + V” to paste the screenshot.
This approach will not create a folder for the Window 11 screenshot. And failure to paste the clipboard screenshot will delete the screenshot from the clipboard if you copied another information on the clipboard. So, what this Windows 11 print screen option does is to copy the screen and make it ready to paste on editors.
Screenshot Part of your Windows 11
There is a way to take Windows 11 screenshots without taking the whole screen like the process above. This allows users to screenshot a particular area on their Windows 11 instead of taking a screenshot of the entire screen.
Once you press this Windows combination, the screen will popup the option to take to screenshot of a particular area on the screen instead of going for the whole screen.
- Go to the Windows screen to screenshot.
- Press “Win + Shift + S.”
- Choose from the option to screenshot the Windows 11 screen which are;
- Rectangular snip
- Freeform snip
- Fullscreen snip
- Windows snip
- Once your screenshot where you want to screenshot using the options above, a pop up will appear to the bottom right of your Windows 11 screen.
- To edit the screenshot click on the popup and this will open the Windows 11 snipping tool itself.
That is just the magic to take to screenshot Windows 11 particular area in case you don’t take the screenshot of the entire Windows 11 screen.
Use the Windows (Win R) and Print Screen (PrtScr)
Most of us are familiar with how to take a screenshot on Windows using Win + PrtScr or Win + PrtScn on Windows 10. However, this option is still valid to take a screenshot on Windows 11.
However, the sole difference here is that the Windows 11 Win + PrtScr function to take a screenshot on the Windows device indicates that the screenshot is taken and it creates a folder for the screenshot itself.
- Press “Win + PrtScr” on your computer keyboard.
- The Windows 11 screen will appear to deem and return to normal.
- This indicates that the screenshot has been taken.
- Go to “This PC” on your Windows 11 laptop or computer.
- Go to “Pictures.”
- Click on the “Screenshots” folder.
All your screenshots will appear on the said folder and you can start editing them or use it for the purpose. But, this is how to take screenshots on Windows 11 on a laptop or computer to let Windows create a folder for all your screenshots.
How to Take a Screenshot on Windows 11 using the Windows Snipping Tool
There are two ways to use the Windows snipping tool to take a screenshot on Windows, both Windows 10 and Windows 11. You can use the snipping tool with your keyboard to take a screenshot on your Windows 11 or use the Windows snipping tool and your mouse to take a screenshot on your Windows 11/10.
So, we will be considering how to take a screenshot on Windows 11 using both methods.
Take a Screenshot on Windows 11 using the Snipping tool and Keyboard
If you are using the Windows 11 snipping tool and keyboard to take your screenshot kindly follow the steps below.
- Press the Win or Windows logo on your keyboard and “Shift + S” together at the same time.
- The snipping rectangular option is selected by default which can be changed to freeform or Windows spin.
That is it. This screenshot will be copied to the clipboard. And a notification will appear with the screenshot you took on the bottom right.
Use Windows 11 Snipping Tool to Take a Screenshot Using a Mouse
With your laptop or computer mouse, you can use the Windows snipping tool to take a screenshot on Windows 11.
- Click on the Windows 11 start button.
- Search for “Snipping Tool.”
- Select “New.”
- Choose the “Windows snipping tool screenshot options.”
- Screenshot the location you want to screenshot and the snipping tool will pop up the option to edit your screenshot.
This approach is similar to the method we discussed previously using the snipping tool with your keyboard. Just choose which one works better for you when it comes to how to take a screenshot on Windows using the Windows snipping tool.
Screenshot Windows 11 Laptop or Computer PrtSc/PrtScr Key With OneDrive
This process stores your screenshot directly to your OneDrive when authorized. Of course, this is different from the method we discussed above to take a screenshot with only the Windows 11 print screen.
- Click on the Windows 11 cloud icon (OneDrive) and a popup will appear.
- Click on “Help & Settings” and another popup will appear.
- Select “Settings” from the pop-up once again.
- Click on the “Backup” tab in the Microsoft OneDrive navigation.
- Scroll down to the “Screenshot” menu and check “Automatically Save Screenshots I Capture to OneDrive.”
- Hit the “OK” tab.
Now, once you are done with the OneDrive settings, to take Windows 11 screenshot and save it to OneDrive press “Print Screen” on your keyboard or press “Alt + PrtScr” at the same time to take the screenshot on your Windows 11 active screen.