One fantastic feature of the Apple AirPods is that they can connect to any smart device so far it’s Bluetooth-enabled such as smart TVs. In case you just got a pair and you would love to connect AirPods to Smart TV, then here you have it! Simply follow the step-by-step guide outlined in this post.
Apple AirPods are compatible with various smart devices such as Samsung TVs, Android and Windows phones, PCs, Mac devices, and Game consoles that are Bluetooth-enabled.
Before you go ahead to connect AirPods to Smart TV, ensure your TV has the Bluetooth connectivity feature, once this has been confirmed, put it into pairing mode and tap the button behind your AirPod case. Once the AirPods show up in the list, just click on Connect.
Let’s get to work especially if you can’t wait to use your AirPods while watching the TV. This is how to connect AirPods to Smart TV with easy steps.
How to know if my Smart TV has Bluetooth
You can know if your smart TV is Bluetooth-enabled or not by using a different type of remote, in case your TV came with another type.
Check your Smart TV Bluetooth compatibility by following the steps below:
- Choose Sound, from your TV’s Settings and then select Sound Output.
- If the option Bluetooth Speaker List is displayed, then it means your smart TV supports Bluetooth.
That’s it! Try it out so you can go ahead to connect AirPods to Smart TV.
How to make your Smart TV Bluetooth enabled
Do you know you can make your Smart TV Bluetooth enabled even if it was not before? Follow the steps below:
- Verify by following the steps above to know if your TV has Bluetooth compatibility.
- Check the audio outports on the TV.
- Now, connect a Bluetooth transmitter to an audio output port right on the TV.
- Once you are certain that the Bluetooth transmitter has power on it, you can put the transmitter and the receiver into pairing mode.
How does the Pairing on Apple AirPods work?
The process of pairing Apple AirPods is quite easy once you open the AirPods charging case. The physical earbuds themselves automatically activate Bluetooth, and it becomes visible to all nearby iPhones.
Once you can pair the AirPods successfully, your iPhone will simply remember the Bluetooth address to the headphones. Therefore making your iPhone auto-connect to them the next time they are opened.
How to Connect AirPods to Smart TV without Bluetooth
In case you’ve checked your TV and discovered it’s not Bluetooth-enabled, well, you can still connect AirPods to smart TV even without this feature. This might not seem to be a difficult issue as wired headphones can still be used as an alternative.
However, if you love the convenience and you don’t want to stress yourself, Bluetooth connectivity is very essential.
Once it’s been discovered that your TV does not have Bluetooth, you can get a wireless headphone adapter such as AirFly. This adapter allows you to easily connect your favourite Bluetooth accessories to devices that don’t have Bluetooth connectivity.
To connect AirPods to Smart TV without Bluetooth, check out the steps below:
- Connect your Bluetooth adapter to your Smart TV.
- Press down the pairing button on the TV to get into the pairing mode.
- Ensure your AirPods are already placed in pairing mode as well.
- Once it’s been placed in pairing mode, a white LED should flash.
- Then, it shows that your AirPods are ready to be paired.
- Now, once the two devices can locate each other, they will automatically connect allowing you to play audio on your AirPods.
That’s it! You have successfully connected AirPods to your TV without Bluetooth capability.
Recommended: How to connect AirPods to Roku
How to Connect AirPods to Smart TV
To connect AirPods to your Bluetooth-enabled Smart TV, ensure you perform the pairing procedure for the two devices involved and choose Apple earphones as an audio output for the TV.
Follow the steps below to connect AirPods to Smart TV:
- Place your AirPods in the charging case and open the lid.
- Long-press and hold the pairing button behind the case until you see the status light flash white.
- Open the Settings app on the Apple TV.
- Tap on Remotes and Devices, then Bluetooth.
- Choose your AirPods from the available list.
That’s it! This is how to connect AirPods to a smart TV.
How to Connect Headphones to Smart TV
In case you have headphones that you may want to connect your smart TV with, you can once it’s Bluetooth-enabled. The Bluetooth feature allows you to play music from your smartphone via a wireless speaker or listen to your TV via wireless headphones.
Since you have your wireless headphones ready, you can go ahead to pair them with your smart TV or streaming device. Although most smart TVs have similar features, their pairing procedures vary from brand to brand. You can follow the instructions on your TV screen for an easy guide or follow the steps below:
- Go to the Settings Menu of your TV.
- Search for the Accessories Menu, and you will see the option to connect to Bluetooth there.
- Ensure your headphones are discoverable and ready for connection, and also search for the device.
- Once you see it being displayed on the Bluetooth list on your TV, connect to them.
That’s it about how to connect headphones to Smart TV.
Related: How to Connect AirPods to Samsung TV
Can’t Connect AirPods to Smart TV? Try these Fixes!
If for some unknown reasons, your AirPods were unable to connect properly to your Smart TV, you can try any of these troubleshooting steps:
- You can try and reset the AirPods by placing them back in the case and closing the lid. Then, wait for about 30 seconds before trying to connect them again.
- Ensure that your TV volume is up as this can affect how the sound is transmitted via the AirPods.
- If the previous steps do not work, you can try to disconnect them and then pair them again within 2-3 feet from the TV.
You can navigate to your AirPods Settings (for AirPods Pro) and alter the “Press and Hold AirPods” setting to “Noise Control” for both AirPods, as well as switch off the Bluetooth setting to your iPhone to prevent the AirPods from trying to pair automatically.
This is all you need to connect AirPods to a smart TV. Feel free to drop in your comments in the section below if you were able to connect the two devices successfully.