How to crop videos on Android [Samsung] for free: One professional skill you can learn as an editor is how you can use any available device to achieve your dream. As a video editor, you don’t need to get to your PC before you can crop a video on your Android phone in 2022 or use a particular video cropping software.
Therefore, in this article, we will discuss how to crop videos on Andriod like a professional without having the feeling that your computer or laptop is missing.
Meanwhile, there are countless apps that are available in the Google Play Store for Android users to crop unwanted parts of their video. Most of these apps didn’t work as expected. And the one that works can make your phone slower if the RAM is less than 4GB RAM.
However, before we delve into how you can crop videos on your Android devices you may want to check out these waterproof smartphones we recommended for some of our readers when requested.
To crop videos on Android you can either use a third-party app or use the built-in feature on your phone. Well, for the same of this article, we will consider how you can crop videos on Android OS using Google Photos for all Android users and for Samsung users, we will consider the stock Gallery app you already have installed on your phone as a preinstalled app.
How to Crop Videos on Android using Google Photos
The Google photo app is preinstalled app on some Android phones. However, if the app isn’t preinstalled on your Android device you download and install the app manually on your phone. To download and install the Google Photos app on your Android phone go to the Google Play store o your phone and search for “Google Photos.” Or better still, go to this link to download and install the Google Photos app.
Following the steps below you will be able to crop a video on your Android phone using the Google Photos app.
- Launch the Google Photos app on your phone and click on “Allow” if prompted on your first launch.
- Click on “Library” to the bottom right to access your phone gallery.
- Once the video opens click on the “Edit” button located at the bottom centre.
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the editing tools to appear in the navigation. Swap the navigation and select “Crop.”
- The cropping tool similar to when you want to edit your photo will appear including the cropping radar.
- Crop out the unwanted part of the video. You can also drag out the unwanted part of the video by holding the video and moving it to the exact screen you want.
- Then, click on “Save Copy” to save the edited copy of the video without deleting the original file.
- The process might take a few seconds to minutes depending on the length of the video. Once the crop is completed the video will start playing itself.
This is how simple it is to crop videos on Android phones using the Google Photos app.
How to Crop Videos on Samsung using the Stock Gallery
Cropping out unwanted parts of a video on Samsung shouldn’t be something hard to do with the stock gallery app. This app provides quite some editing tools that allow video editors in the beginner class to remove any part of videos that you do not want to include in your video final editing. Therefore, we will consider how to crop videos on Samsung using the stock gallery app.
To start with, ensure that the stock gallery app is installed on your Samsung smartphone. Otherwise, you need to download the app from the official store and install it on your phone.
Recommended: How to fix Samsung TV not working.
- Launch the “Stock Gallery” app on your Samsung phone.
- Allow the app access if this is your first time and go to your phone video gallery.
- Select the video you want to remove its unwanted part from the list of videos that appear in the gallery.
- To open the editing tool you need to click on the pencil icon on the video navigation.
- Select the 3rd tool in the toolbar representing the cropping tool.
- Use the crop options that are available to crop out part of the video you do not want to include in the final output.
- You can also crop your video but ratio or perspective. This option also allows you to rotate your video using the stock gallery app and save the output to your phone without deleting the original video.
- Click on the “Save” button to save the cropped video to your phone gallery.
With these steps, you should be able to crop videos on your Android. We believe that cropping videos shouldn’t need a master’s class except if you want to become a professional video editor to add to your CV or boost your career.
But if all you need is how you can crop part of your videos that you do not want to include in the final output, this guide on how to crop videos on Android should serve you better with hot cake.
How do I crop a video on my Android for free?
Open the Google Photos app on your phone and select the video you want to edit. After that, click on the editing button in the centre to pop up the editing tools. Crop out the unwanted part and click on the save button to save a copy of the edited copy on your phone.
How do you crop a video size?
You can crop a video on your Android phone using the Google photos free photos and videos gallery on your phone.
How do you crop a video in a gallery?
You need a Google photos app. The app is free and can be used without creating an account. However, you need to grant the app access to your phone gallery to be able to list all videos and photos that are available that you can edit.
How do I edit a video on my Android Phone?
It depends on the type of editing you want to do. If all you want to edit in your video is to crop it you can use Google Photos, it is. But, if you need more than just cropping, you can consider Android video editing app like PowerDirector.