Are you an LG smart TV user without an idea of how to download apps on LG smart TV, and you’d like to learn? In that case, this article is for you as we will be explaining the steps required to download apps on LG smart TV.
The LG smart TV is an elite smart TV that provides excellent video and audio quality, with overall aesthetics and features that provide great value for your money.
Like every other smart TV, the LG smart TV typically comes preinstalled with essential apps required to get the full benefit of owning a smart TV.
However, there are apps that you might need that did not come preinstalled on the TV, and in cases like that, the solution is to download the required app on your LG smart TV.
You can learn how to download apps on LG smart TV by reading the next section of this article.
How to Download Apps on LG Smart TV
The LG smart TV usually comes with streaming apps like Netflix and Hulu, plus other essential apps preinstalled on it.
If the app you need is not already on the TV, you can always download apps on LG smart TV from the content store by following a very straightforward process.
You can download apps on LG smart TV by following the basic instructions below.
- Press the home button of your remote to launch the LG content store.
- Then click on the apps category at the top of the screen to see the available apps.
- Then select the app you want to download and read its details.
- Then click on the install button and wait for the completion of the installation process.
The app will immediately launch itself when the installation process has been completed, and you can start using it as you deem fit or close it for later use.
You can also check out How to Fix LG TV Airplay Not Working.
Where is the App Store on My LG Smart TV
The app store on an LG smart TV is the content store. It is where you get access to the apps and content you can enjoy on the LG smart TV.
To access the content store, all you need to do is ensure that your LG TV has internet access so that when you press the home button on your LG remote, you will be redirected to the content store.
You can then look through the available apps in the store and install any app you would like to use on your TV.
How to Install Apps on LG Smart TV From USB
The LG content store has thousands of apps and other content you can choose from to meet your entertainment needs.
However, if you need an app that you cannot find on the content store after thoroughly searching for it, you can download the app from a trusted website to your USB.
Once the application file is on a safe USB, you can install apps on LG smart TV from USB by following the instructions below.
- Connect your USB drive to any suitable port on the LG smart TV.
- Then go to the file manager on your TV to look for the downloaded file.
- Then click on the file, and give your TV permission to install apps from unknown sources.
- Then wait for the completion of the installation process, after which the app will appear on your homepage.
Once you can see the app on the homepage, you can open and start using it.
However, it is crucial to be sure that you have downloaded the app from a trusted source to prevent the risk of introducing a virus or any other malicious content to your LG TV.
How to Download Third-Party Apps on LG Smart TV
Any app you want to use on your LG smart TV that cannot be found in the LG content store is a third-party app.
You can download third-party apps on your LG smart TV by following the instructions below.
- Open your computer browser and go to an official or trusted website to download the third-party app.
- Then prepare your USB drive, insert it into your computer, and download the file to the drive.
- Then plug your USB drive into any USB port on the TV.
- Then open the TV’s file manager to locate the file.
- Then open the file and give your TV permission to install apps from unknown sources.
- Finally, wait for the completion of the installation process.
Once the app is installed, it can be found on your LG smart TV’s homepage, implying that you have been able to download apps on your LG smart TV successfully.
What is the LG Content Store Apps
The LG content store is where you download apps on LG smart TV. This store has hundreds of various apps in different categories.
If you need an app from a particular category, you can just click on the category to get a full display of the available apps.
Some of the popular apps you can find on the LG content store includes
- Prime Video
- Youtube TV
- Apple TV
- HBO Max
- Pluto TV
- Animation TV
- Blacknut Cloud Gaming
The apps listed above are some popular apps on the LG content store. Many of them are streaming platforms you can use to enjoy thousands of entertainment content, from documentaries to movies and series.
If you want to get a complete list of the available apps on the LG content store, you only have to connect your LG TV to the internet and press the home button on the smart remote to launch the content store.
What Apps are Available for LG Smart TV
The LG smart TV offers different entertainment channels that offer various contents.
This article has given a detailed explanation of how to download apps on LG smart TV. We also looked at how to install third-party apps and gave a brief overview of some of the popular apps on the LG content store.