If you are a fan of Spectrum streaming service with a Vizio Smart TV you want to check out this post on how to download Spectrum app on Vizio Smart TV. The Vizio Smart TVs use the 2018 SmartCast OS just like Samsung Smart TV, LG, Hisense, and Apple TV OS.
However, when it comes to how to download apps on Vizio Smart TV the process is always different especially if the app is not available in the Vizo Smart TV app store.
With that, we will discuss how to download the Spectrum app on Vizio Smart TV even with no V button on the Vizio Smart TV remote.
How to Connect Vizio Smart TV to WiFi
To begin with, we need to connect the Vizio Smart TV to the WiFi or HotSpot to download and install apps on the smart TV.
- Turn on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Press the Menu button on the Vizio TV remote.
- Highlight the Network and press the OK tab on the remote.
- Select “Network Connection” >> Wireless from the option on the screen.
- Choose your Network from the list and push the OK button on your remote.
- Enter the WiFi password to connect the Vizio TV to the WiFi network.
Once the Vizio Smart TV has connected to the WiFi a confirmation message will appear on the screen.
How to Cast Spectrum App to Vizio TV
Before we move to how to download spectrum app on Vizio Smart TV from the Google play store or install the Spectrum app from a third-party store, let’s quickly walk you through the steps to take to cast the Spectrum app to your Vizio Smart TV.
- Download and Install the Spectrum SmartCast app on your Android phone.
- Connect the phone and Vizio TV to the same WiFi.
- Open the Spectrum app and sign in to your account if the need arises.
- Find the movie you want to stream and select it.
- Now, swipe down the phone notification tray and click on the cast tab.
- Switch on your Vizio TV.
- Use the “V” button to access the Vizio TV SmartCast from the Home screen. You can also use the input button to choose SmartCast.
- Find the movie or TV show you want to cast to your Vizio TV using the SmartCast app on your phone and tab on the cast or screen mirror or screen sharing tab.
Once the connection is established, the Android screen will be mirrored or cast to your Vizio Smart TV.
How to Cast Spectrum to Vizio Smart TV using Apple AirPlay
You can cast the Spectrum app on Vizio Smart TV no V button device without an error. All you need to use is the input tab instead of the V button on your remote.
However, to cast the Spectrum app to your Vizio Smart TV V series or other series, kindly follow the steps below.
- Connect your Apple device with the AirPlay app and your Vizio Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
- Choose the Spectrum app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the content you’d love to stream and hit the play button.
- Click on the Apple AirPlay icon to show the list of connected devices.
- Select the name of your Vizio Smart TV from the lists.
- Instantly, the Apple screen will be mirrored to your Vizio smart TV and you can start watching or streaming your favourite movies using the Spectrum app and the AirPlay screen share app.
How to Download Spectrum on Vizio Smart TV via Google Store
Since it’s possible to sideload the Spectrum app on your Vizio Smart TV, here, we will show you how to sideload Spectrum TV on the Vizio Smart TV V series and other Vizio TVs.
- Launch the Vizio Smart TV by pressing the Power button.
- Navigate to the Apps section and select the Google app to launch it.
- Sign in to your Google account if you are prompted to do so.
- Search for “Spectrum App” and click on it from the search results.
- Tap on the “Install” button to download and install the Spectrum app.
- Wait for the app to download and install itself.
Once the installation is completed the Spectrum app will be added to your apps list. To stream using the app, launch the Spectrum app follow the instruction on the screen.
How to Install Spectrum App on Vizio Smart TV 3rd Party
The steps to download and install the Spectrum app on the Vizio Smart TV below is complex. But, you can set it up if you follow the steps below without skipping a step.
- Download and install the ES File Explorer app on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Go to your Vizio Smart TV settings.
- Select “Security & Restriction.”
- Toggle the “Unknown Source” button to enable it.
- Download Spectrum APK file from the internet and copy the APK file into a removable device like USB or HDD.
- Plug the REMOVE drive into your Vizio Smart TV.
- Navigate to Apps and open the ES File Explorer app.
- Select your USB or drive and select the APK file.
- The Spectrum app will download from the removable and install directly to your Vizio TV.
With the processes above, you can cast the Spectrum app to your Vizio Smart TV or sideload the Spectrum app on your Vizio TV. However, if you encounter any difficulties on how to download Spectrum app on Vizio Smart TV with or without the V button using the Vizio TV input tab, kindly leave a comment below.