If you constantly use the Google Chrome browser at night you would want to learn more about how to turn on and off night mode on the browser. With your night mode, you can make use of your Chrome browser at night to reduce the screen brightness help protect your eyes and reduce your eye strain. In this article, you will learn how to turn off night mode on Google Chrome PC and mobile [Android and iOS].
However, if you use your computer or Android very often during the day the night mode can be frustrating because your computer screen might not be bright enough. But since you can easily turn it off there is no cause for alarm.
You will not only learn how you can turn off night mode on your Chrome browser you will also learn how to turn it on since the night mode cannot be automated.
Recommended: How to Force to Enable Facebook Dark Mode
How to Turn Off Night Mode on Google Chrome on Android
If the Google Chrome night mode looks frustrating on your Android phone you can simply turn it off. Taking the steps below will walk you through how to turn off night mode on Chrome on your Android phone.
- Launch the “Google Chrome” browser on your Android phone.
- Tap on the “three dots” at the top right.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop menu.
- Select “Theme” under “Basic.”
- Choose either “Light” or “System default.”
If you choose system default your Chrome browser mode will default to your phone mode. If your phone mode is dark the Chrome mode will be light and if it’s dark the mode will turn dark as well. However, if you selected “Light” the browser’s mode will be light irrespective of your phone or system default mode.
How to Turn Off Night Mode on Google Chrome on iPhone
Your iPhone night mode and day mode can switch automatically and if not properly configured it can affect you day-to-day activities. So, here in this part, you will learn how to turn off dark mode in Google Chrome on your iPhone.
- Go to your “iPhone Settings.”
- Choose “Display & Brightness.”
- Select “Light” under “Apperance”
- Turn off “Automatic” to disable “Night and Day Mode” automatic function.
The Chrome browser on your iPhone will make use of the default settings on your iPhone and display the type of mode you selected on the Chrome browser.
How to Turn Off Night Mode in Google Chrome on Windows
If you are using a Windows computer the following steps will guide you through how to turn off night mode in Chrome browser.
- Launch the “Chrome Browser” and go to “Google.com.”
- Click on the “Settings” tab at the bottom right.
- Select “Dark Theme” to turn off night mode.
This is the fastest means that you can use to turn off night mode in Google Chrome. Alternative, you can take the following steps to learn how to turn off dark mode in Google Chrome.
- Click on the “Start” button at the bottom left and choose “Settings.”
- Click on “Personalization.”
- Click “Colour” on the left side.
- Choose “Light” under “choose your default Windows mode.”
- You can also choose “Light” under “Choose your default” to turn off light mode.
Meanwhile, the steps above might not work for Windows 11 users. Therefore, taking the steps below will walk you through to how turn off night mode in Chrome on your Windows 11.
- Click on the “Start” button on your “Windows 11” and select the “Settings” tab.
- Select “Personalization” on the left pane.
- Choose “Light” under “select a theme to apply.”
The Windows and Chrome browser’s night mode will turn to light mode.
Chrome Night Mode Off on Mac
You will know that your Mac night mode is off whenever your eyes dims when you are working during the day. When this happens you can simply disable the night mode on your macOS. So, by taking the steps below you will learn Chrome night mode off on your Mac device.
- Click on the “Apple” icon at the top left of your screen.
- Highlight and select “System preferences.”
- Choose the “General icon.”
- Locate “Appearance” under “General” and choose “Light.”
You can open your Google Chrome to confirm that the night mode if off.