If you have a preference for Chrome browser over any other browsers you can override the permission and set your Chrome to be the default. This is not dependent on any device since all devices allow users to choose their preferred browser to browse the internet. So, here we will not only discuss how to make Chrome default browser on Windows or Android. We will also consider how to make chrome default browser on Mac and iPhone instead of using the inbuilt Safari browser.
By following the steps below you will learn how to make Chrome default browser on your Android phone.
- Go to your “Android” phone settings.
- Scroll down and select “Apps.”
- Click on “Default Apps.”
- Click on “Browser App.”
- Choose “Chrome” under the “Default browser app.”
There you are. Henceforth, your default browser will be the “Chrome browser.”
Apple allows users to choose their preferred applications on their iPhones. So, if you don’t want to stick to a single app you can always change it. So, if you want to make Chrome the default browser on your iPhone instead of Safari here are the steps to take.
- Go to your “iPhone” settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom until you get to where “All Apps” are listed.
- Click on “Google Chrome.”
- Choose “Default Browser App.”
- Check “Chrome” and hit the back button.
Once done you should see “Default Browser App” to be “Chrome.”
If you are using macOS then you need to take the following steps to make Chrome your default browser instead of using the default Safari browser.
- Open the “Chrome” browser on your “Mac.”
- Click on “Chrome” and select “Settings.”
- Choose “Default Browser” on the left pane.
- Select “Make Default” on the right side.
- Choose “Use Chrome” under the option ‘Do you want to change the default browser to ‘Chrome” or keep using “Safari.”
Your default browser will change to Chrome on your macOS.
The process to make Chrome browser default on Windows 10 is different from the steps needed on Windows 11. So, here, we will consider how you can make your Chrome browser default on Windows 10 and Windows 11 following the different procedures.
Here is how to make Chrome the default browser on Windows 10.
- Click on the “Start” icon on your “Windows 10.”
- Choose “Control Panel” or search for “Control Panel” and select it.
- Select “Programs.”
- Choose “Default Programs.”
- Select ‘Set your Default Programs.”
- Scroll down to “Web Browser” and select any available web browser on the default.
- Choose “Google Chrome” from the pop.
Your taskbar will refresh itself automatically and your default browser on your Windows will be Chrome.
You need to follow the steps below to make Chrome your default browser on your Windows 11.
- Click on the “Search Bar” before the “Windows 11 Start” button at the bottom left.
- Search for “Control Panel” and hit the “Enter” button.
- Select “Default Programs.”
- Choose “Set your default Programs’ under “Choose the programs that Windows uses by default.”
- Choose “Google Chrome” under “Default Apps.” You will see “Make Google Chrome your Default Browser” and hit the “Set Default” button.