The motive to reset your Google nest mini could be unrestricted, but the steps to reset the smart device could be the major problem. So, we will look at how to factory reset Google nest mini to the default in a step-by-step procedure in this guide.
There are a handful of reasons you may want to reset your Google nest mini or Google Home Max. It could be because the speaker is malfunctioning, or you want to give out the device after getting a new and upgraded version of the Google speaker.
And since the Google mini speaker must have learned your voice, you need to wipe off personal configuration before passing it to someone else to set a new voice command on the device.
Therefore, in this article, you will understand the basics of how to factory reset Google Nest mini to default or reset your Google Nest Mini to the default.
This article will also extend to some other smart speakers made by Google so that if you don’t have the Google Nest Mini, you will still be able to reset your Google Home smart speaker.
Meanwhile, resetting your Google Home or Google Nest Mini or Google Nest Hub to default or factory settings will delete your voice command or control in the smart device and prompt you to set a new voice to control the device using the voice command.
Have you seen how you can configure your Alexa voice command?
How to Reset Google Home
Since there is no reset button in the Google Home Mini, you have to beckon on the Google Home Microphone button at the back of the device dedicated to Mute the Google Home to reset the smart speaker.
- Locate the Google Home Microphone button.
- Press and hold the button for 12 – 15 seconds.
- After 15 seconds [at max], an assistance voice will tell you that the device is resetting.
- Then, release the Microphone reset button.
Once the process is completed, your Google Home will become new and similar to a new Google Home inside its package.
The Google Home is the only Google Home smart speaker without a reset button. And you can beckon on the Microphone button to reset your Google Home speaker.
However, the Google Home Mini has a dedicated button to reset the speaker. The reset button in the Google Home mini is often referred to as the factory data reset button.
Therefore, the steps below will explain how to reset your Google Home mini with the factory data reset button.
- Locate the Google Home Mini reset button under the power plug.
- Press and hold the reset button for about 15 seconds.
- The Google Home assistant voice will confirm the resetting.
- Release the reset button after that.
Just that. Your Google Home Mini speaker will rest and restore to the default settings.
How to Reset Google Home Max
The steps to reset the Google Home Max are similar to the Mini version of the Google Home speaker. This implies that to reset the Google Home Max, you just need to locate the factory data reset button and press it for about 12 – 15 seconds without releasing it.
And when the resetting process begins, the assistant command will tell you that the device is reset. Once the process is completed, your Google Home Max ill become new in its configuration.
How to Factory Reset Google Nest Mini
The Google Nest Mini offer the simplest method to factory reset the smart speaker with just a button. So, here, we will consider how to factory reset Google nest mini to the default.
- Locate the Google Nest mini microphone button.
- Turn off the microphone using the button.
- The Nest speaker light will turn to Orange.
- Press down the top of the Google Nest where the LEDs light is located.
- Hole the centre for about 10 seconds until the voice assistant confirms that the device is undergoing resetting.
This works for a Google Nest Mini with the microphone button. However, if your Google audio speaker doesn’t have the mic button, try the steps below.
How to Factory Reset Google Nest Mini with DFR
This method works for a Google Nest Mini with a dedicated factory reset button. So, with this, there is no reason why you won’t be able to reset your Google Nest Mini to the default settings.
- Locate the Google Nest Mini factory reset button under the power plug.
- Press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds.
- After 5 seconds, the Google Home assistance voice will say, “You are about to Completely reset your Google Home.”
- To reset the Google Home device. Hold the reset button for an additional 5 – 10 seconds until you hear a beep from the smart speaker.
- Once you hear the beep or tone, release the button.
The speaker will begin to reset. And once the device has reset to the factory settings, it will restart itself.
That is it. With the steps above, your Google Home speakers [Nest, Mini, and Max] will be formatted and returned to the default or factory settings.