Airpod is one of the most popular user-friendly wireless earbuds available. Being user-friendly, it uses different LED lights to convey different meanings. Have your Airpod been blinking orange light lately? And you are worried about what it means and how to fix it? Then this article will guide you on how to resolve the issue of your AirPod blinking orange.
Before we get into the various methods of fixing AirPods blinking orange, Let’s go through the different kinds of lights your Airpod usually shows and what they mean.
The Different LED Colors of the Airpods Charging case and what they Indicate
Each of the Led colors that appear on an AirPods charging case conveys different meanings, and it is necessary that, as a user, you know the meaning of each.
- Solid Green Light: This means that your AirPod is fully charged, and you can unplug from the power source.
- Solid Orange(Amber) Light: Your Airpod is running low, and it is time to charge it up.
- Flashing White Light: This means your Airpod is ready to be paired with a device.
- Flashing Orange(Amber)Light: This usually indicates an issue such as connectivity issues with your AirPod.
The focus of this article is to highlight the various methods available for fixing the issue of an Airpod blinking orange. Airpods are used on ios and android devices, so we would be looking at how to resolve the issue on both devices.
Fix Airpod Blinking Orange by Charging AirPod
Before trying out other sophisticated or complex solutions, sometimes the only thing you need to do is to charge your Airpods. Your Airpods might be blinking the orange light because it is low on power. So get your AirPod to a 100%, and if after doing that, it is still flashing orange LED light, then you can proceed to follow the steps below.
Fix AirPod Blinking Orange on iPhone
There are two different methods of fixing the issue of AirPod blinking orange when paired with an iPhone discussed below.
Fix Airpod Blinking Orange by Restarting Device
Sometimes the issue might be from a bug in your device that occurred when you were pairing your AirPod with your iPhone, and this can be quickly resolved by restarting your iPhone and connecting back to your AirPod.
- Press and hole the Airpod “Setup button” for about 10 seconds.
- Kepp hold the setup button until the Airpod amber light changes to white.
Now, the airpot will be reset to the factory settings and probably help to fix the orange light on the airpod.
Fixing AirPod Bkinking Issue by doing a Factory Reset
To solve the issue of AirPod blinking orange, you have to do a factory reset; this is easy and takes just about a minute from start to finish.
Below is a step-by-step guide on doing a factory reset.
- Put your AirPod in its charging case, and close the lid.
- Wait for about 30-40 seconds and open the cover of your charging case so you can see the LED light indicator.
- Go to your iPhone and navigate to settings.
- Select Bluetooth from the settings menu.
- Tap the info(i) button next to the AirPod.
- Then, select Forget this Device and tap to confirm.
- Now, place your AirPod back into its charging case and close the lid.
- After a couple of seconds, open the lid and check for the setup button located at the back of the charging case.
- Press and hold the setup button for about 15 seconds until the LED light blinks orange(amber), then white.
- The flashing white light indicates you can now pair your Airpod back with your device.
How to Repair your Airpod
To pair your AirPod with your device, follow the following steps:
- Go to the home screen of your iPhone
- Hold your phone close to the AirPod case and wait for the Airpod animation to show on your screen.
- Then select the connect button that appears.
- Tap Done when it has successfully connected.
Fix Airpod Blinking Orange on an Android Device
Non-ios devices such as an android phone can also use Airpods. If you have paired your Airpod with your Android device and are in a situation where your AirPod is blinking orange led light, you can quickly fix this by following the steps highlighted below.
- On your android device, go to Settings.
- From your settings, go to Bluetooth, you will see a list of paired or connected devices, and your AirPod should be among those listed.
- Then click to either Unpair or Disconnect the AirPod from the device.
- Put the Airpod in the charging case and switch off Bluetooth on your device.
- After a couple of seconds, turn on Bluetooth on your device.
- Open your Airpod case and bring it close to your device.
- Your Airpod should appear on your device; tap it to pair with your device.
If you have successfully followed these steps, your Airpod should be functioning correctly and the Airpod blinking orange issue resolved.
Update your Airpod Firmware
If your AirPods firmware is outdated it can cause a bug on the device and cause the device to keep blinking orange light. However, the way out of this is to update the Airpod firmware to the latest firmware.
- Open your iPhone Settings app.
- Click on the device “Bluetooth” menu.
- Navigate to your AirPods from the list of devices.
- Click on the “i” label next to them.
- Look at the “Firmware Version” number
With this, your iPhone will download and install the latest AirPods firmware directly to your iPhone. You can also do this on Mac. However, to learn how to update Airpod just search for “how to update Airpod” using the search function.
In conclusion, If you have tried any or all of the solutions listed above and you are still unable to resolve the issue of your AirPod blinking orange, it might be necessary to consider if the problem is hardware related.
You can do this by contacting Apple Support or by taking your AirPods to the nearest certified Apple service center around you.
Check out this article to learn how to customize your AirPod name.