If you keep getting “can’t login with Instagram” without doing a password reset or Instagram is saying, suspicious login attempt, this post will provide all details that are needed to fix these errors once and for all.
The error isn’t limited to Instagram logging you out of your account or trying to open the Instagram app, the app can also say, sorry, this page isn’t available.
Therefore, in this post, we will address the following Instagram login error messages and provide a step by step guide on how to fix them.
Table of Contents
- Instagram Login Error
- Suspicious Login Attempt
- Sorry, this Page isn’t Available.
- Incorrect Username or Password
- How to Fix Session Expired on Instagram
Instagram Login Error
The following are the popular Instagram login error, while Instagram will keep you out of your account.
- Suspicious Login Attempt.
- Sorry, this page isn’t available.
- Incorrect password or username.
- Instagram account not found.
- Session expired on Instagram
- Instagram permission
These are the Instagram common error you will at one point or the other come across. So, if you come across any of the errors above while trying to log in to your Instagram account, what you should do to fix these errors are detailed below.
Suspicious Login Attempt
Instagram login may tell you that your login is suspicious (Suspicious Login attempt) if you log in to your Instagram account on multiple devices at the same time or Instagram discovered that the account is accessed using a virtual private network (VPN) or with a random IP address.
So, in a bid to protect the Instagram account, you may be logged out of your Instagram account and forced to take some steps to regain access to the account.
Therefore, the steps below should be taken to fix the “Suspicious login attempt on Instagram.”
Accept the Instagram verification Code Offer.
Instagram will push to confirm that your account hasn’t fallen into the wrong hand before you can regain access to your Instagram account. For this, you will need to access the Instagram verification code challenge that will be sent to the phone number or email address that’s linked to your account on Instagram.
Now, once you received the code, enter the code and click on the submit button. If you, however, noticed suspicious activities yourself, such as different login IPs from different devices and locations, We will advise you to change your Instagram password to “Logout out Instagram from all devices” and enable the “Two authentication factor” on your Instagram account.
How to Logout Instagram from All Devices
The shortest way to logout an Instagram account from all devices is to do a password reset on your Instagram account. Instagram will logout the account if it has a new password.
- Accept the verification code challenge from Instagram.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Click on the “head” profile icon to the bottom right.
- Click on the “Menu” to the top right.
- Click on the “Settings” icon.
- Click on “Security.”
- Click “Password” under “Login Security.”
- Enter both the current and new passwords into the column provided.
- Click on the “Mark” button to the top right.
This will log you out from all other devices that you have logged into and failed to logout the account except the device that you use to change the account password.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication creates another layer of security for your account each time you want to login. So, if your Instagram account is prone to hacking or someone else has the password to your Instagram account you will be prompt to provide the authentication code the person to gain access to the account, as such, it makes it difficult for people or hackers to hack into your Instagram account.
- Log into your Instagram account.
- Click on the profile picture or avatar located at the bottom right.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top-right.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Click “Security.”
- Click on “Two-Factor Authentication.”
- Click on “Get Started”
- Choose the security method “Text” or “Authentication App.”
- For “Text message” enter the 6 digit code sent to your phone number by Instagram and click on the “Next” button.
- For the “Authentication App,” download and install the app on your phone to generate an Instagram login code yourself instead of waiting for Instagram to send the authentication code to the phone number.
Note: Instagram will provide you with 6 different codes to log in to your Instagram account with two-factor authentication enabled in case you lost your phone. With this, you will be able to regain and reset the Instagram authentication code on the new phone.
Sorry, this Page isn’t Available.
Sorry, this page isn’t available is one of the few Instagram error you cannot do without. Instagram made us believe that if you cannot access a link or page or profile or story, the page is no longer available.
When you see “Sorry, this page isn’t available on Instagram, it could be one of the following reasons.
- The link to the story is broken.
- The link is deleted or modified.
- If you are blocked from access the URL by the author, the Instagram app could tell you the page isn’t available.
- Instagram account deactivated or deleted.
- The Instagram page is disabled.
- Instagram is down.
- Your anti-virus is blocking the link.
- Instagram permission is disabled
- Excess caches
- Outdated software.
The suggestions above could keep you away from access your Instagram account for the day. However, if none of the reasons above why Instagram is saying, sorry, this page isn’t available, restarting your phone or PC could be the solution you need to lean on.
Incorrect Username or Password
You probably can’t login with Instagram with an incorrect or wrong password and username. Your Instagram password and username are personal identities to access your account. However, if you can’t remember your Instagram password or username, you will be restricted from logging in to the Instagram account.
What you need to do to fix this is to change your Instagram password if there is an issue with your Instagram login password or find your Instagram account username.
How to Reset Forgot Instagram Password
Here, I believe you do not know how to reset your Instagram password, and you need help to do just that. For this reason, I will walk you through how to reset your Instagram password.
- Launch the “Instagram app.”
- Click on “Get help signing in.”
- Enter your Instagram username and click on the “Next” button
- Choose an option to access your account (Email or SMS).
- Enter the confirmation code and click on the “Next” button.
- You will be logged in to your account.
Note: If you choose the Email option, Instagram will send a new password recovery link to the email address associated with your Instagram account, click on “Reset your Instagram password,” enter the new password for your account in the new interface and click on the Save button.
How to Fix Session Expired on Instagram
When Instagram says, Session expired, it means that the login token has expired, and you need to initiate the login again with your account password and username, and you will be logged int your account.
Alternatively, clear the Instagram app caches and attempt to log in once again.
- Go to phone settings.
- Click on “Apps” or “Apps manager.”
- Find and click on the “Instagram app.”
- Click “Storage/Caches,” depending on your phone setup.
- Click on clear caches.
If the procedure to clear the app caches didn’t work, follow the steps above once again and click on “Clear data.”