Amazon Fire TV allows users to watch diverse content from multiple online content providers like STARZ, HBO, Hulu, Netflix, SHOWTIME, and many more. Despite being very reliable, it has its shortcomings – as with all technology. These shortcomings may come in different forms, but one major one is the Fire TV remote not working.
The amazon fire TV remote can run into problems and not work. How then do you fix it when this happens? This guide addresses the Fire TV remote shortcoming when it fails to connect to your Fire TV box.
How to Fix Fire TV Remote not working
Follow the procedures below one after the other to fix your Fire TV remote if it’s not working as expected.
Replace the Fire TV Remote’s Batteries
Whenever the Fire TV remote does not work, the first thing you should do is replace the battery. Immediately you find out the remote is not working. The firsts step is to assume that the batteries have been drained, and you must insert new and fresh ones. More importantly, if you use the remote with regularity, this should be expected.
You might have changed the batteries recently, but you need to understand that the Fire TV remote always requires fresh and new batteries so no matter how often you have changed it, once you discover that the Fire TV remote is not working, the most probable cause of this is the batteries.
Should you be unable to change the batteries, follow the steps below:
- Apply pressure to the Fire TV remote control’s back with your thumb(s).
- Press down on the back till the back cover slides.
- Open the back cover and detach from the remote.
- Insert two AAA batteries.
- Put the remote’s back cover in place and slide to snap it in place.
- Check to see if it is now working.
Pair your Fire TV Remote
In some cases, your Fire TV remote might not be working properly because it is not paired to the TV. To ensure that is properly paired, follow the steps below:
- On the remote, long-press the Home button for 10 seconds.
- Within a minute, the Fire TV remote would pair.
- However, should in case it does not pair, disconnect the Fire TV’s power cable or adapter from the power source.
- Let the TV remain off while you reset the remote.
- To reset the Fire TV remote, at the same time, tap and hold the following buttons for 10 seconds: the Menu button, Back, and the navigation ring’s left side. Do not panic, and this will only remove the settings of the Fire TV from the remote; it will not restore to factory settings your Fire TV.
- Next up is to remove the batteries in the remote.
- Now plug your fire TV device back into power.
- Wait patiently till you see the Home screen.
- You remember you removed the batteries? Now put them back into the remote.
- Wait for a minute.
- The Fire TV remote should have paired by now, but if it has not, long-press the Home button for 10 seconds.
Check Your Fire TV Remote Compatibility
This is not necessary if it is a “follow-come” remote or a remote that came out of the box. However, if you have replaced the remote once before with a new one, you must check to confirm if it works with the model of your Fire TV.
Use the Fire TV remote app.
Thankfully, Amazon has an Application that is called the Amazon Fire TV Remote. Luckily, it is available in the Apple App Store as well as the Android Playstore.
Whichever mobile phone you use, you can go to the app store (for iOS) or the Play store (for Android devices) and download the application. This means that your Smartphone can as well be used as a remote control. Do note that this will only work if your Smartphone is connected to the same network your Fire Tv is connected to.
Change the Fire TV Remote
If, after trying all the above steps and your Fire TV remote is still not working, then you need to change the remote. If especially you are able to use the application to control your FIRE TV, then you should know your Fire TV remote is damaged, and you need to change to a new one.
Tip for Fire TV not Syncing
Some reports from certain users have shown that the problem is due to interference from their WiFi routers. Although performing the task of changing this may need you to get more technical, you do not have to worry.
Follow the simple guide below, and you will be able to fix it.
- Login to your router. The details are provided in the unit.
- Find the WiFi Channel that it is currently connected to and change to a different channel.
- There is an app called ‘WiFi Analyzer’ which is available only on Google Play. It is used to find out the least used channel where you are.