This article will take you through a detailed ‘How-to’ steps in installing the Youtube TV on your Firestick.
Initially, the YouTube Firestick was removed from the Amazon Store because of a falling out between Google and Amazon earlier in 2018. Now though, both digital powerhouses have come to terms, and YouTube is now officially available via the Amazon Store.
YouTube, as we know it, represents a sought after entertainment media portal that only makes your screen even better. What’s more, you can now make use of the Youtube TV Firestick app, now officially available in the Amazon App Store.
To Install Official YouTube on Amazon FireStick.
The first thing we should tell you is to uninstall any unofficial, third-party version of YouTube on Firestick before you install this official version. Follow these steps to install the YouTube app on your Firestick.
- First, you should power up your FireStick and wait for the home window to load up. Then, on the home window, navigate to the upper left corner and select the search icon.
- Next, hit the name of the YouTube app. And when the app appears in the search results, click it.
- In the next window, you should hit the YouTube app from the list of the apps that appear.
- Next, hit ‘Get’ if this is the first time you are installing the app. And if you have installed the app before, click Download.
- This is where you hold on while the app is downloaded and installed on your device. This process should take a little while.
- Now, hit ‘Open’ to run YouTube. Later on, you can run it from Your Apps & Channels.
Get Your YouTube Firestick App Ready
By now, you should have successfully installed the YouTube app. But before you get down with it, there are a few things you have to do to get the app ready and to also get you the YouTube videos on Firestick.
Thus, you have to Bring the YouTube App Icon to the FireStick Homescreen.
If you go back to the FireStick home screen, you may not see the YouTube listed in your ‘Apps & Channels’ section (the second row). It is not much of a big deal since we can always access it from the Apps list.
You should also move the YouTube icon on the home screen. This is an optional process, but having the YouTube app on your home screen will make things easier, especially if you use it frequently. Follow these steps to move the icon:
- First, press and hold down the Home button on your remote and select ‘Apps’ from the menu.
- Next, you will now see the list of all your installed apps.
- The newly installed apps are usually towards the bottom of the list. With that knowledge, go down to the bottom and select the YouTube app.
- Next, hit the ‘Options’ button on your remote. Then choose ‘Move’ from the popup that appears on the bottom right of the screen.
- You can now move the YouTube app icon to anywhere you want to. Move it anywhere in the top row so that it appears on your FireStick home screen.
- Next, hit the ‘Select’ button to drop the icon and place it in the desired spot.
- You can now go back to the FireStick home screen, and you will see the YouTube app right there.
When you run your YouTube app for the first time, a SIGN IN window will appear. Signing in is optional, but it is still recommended you do it. When you sign in, you will unblock all the restricted content, and you will see all your existing subscriptions, playlists, and history associated with your Google ID with which you are using with YouTube.
You can also hit Use YouTube signed out. You will still be able to watch plenty of content. In case you decide to sign in later, you may go to the Accounts section in the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to sign in.
Follow these steps to SIGN IN:
- A window will be displayed with the Sign In code.
- On your computer or phone, go to youtube.com/activate.
- Next, enter the Sign in code.
- Sign in with your Google ID if you are yet to sign in already.
How to Install YouTube TV on Firestick
YouTube TV gives you a range of satellite channels. YouTube TV is now an official app on the Amazon Store. And we will take you through the steps to install the official YouTube TV app on FireStick from the Amazon Store.
Install YouTube TV on Firestick from Amazon Store
You can download YouTube TV on your Firestick from the Amazon Store if you live in the United States. Note that Live TV streaming through YouTube TV app is not supported outside the US.
Follow these steps to download YouTube TV on Fire TV from Amazon Store:
- First, open the Search option from the home screen of the FireStick/Fire TV. Next, go to the top-left corner and select the search icon.
- Next, search for YouTube TV by typing in the name of the app. You can click the YouTube TV when it is displayed in the search results.
- Next, choose the YouTube TV icon on the next window.
- If this is your first time downloading the YouTube TV on your FireStick, hit ‘Get.’ But if you have downloaded and installed the app before, simply hit the Download option. You will see the download option instead of the ‘Get’ option.
- This is where you hold on while the YouTube TV app is downloaded
- Next, hit Open and then run the app. You can also access the YouTube TV FireStick app later from ‘Your Apps & Channels’.
- Sign In with your YouTube TV account. You can also hit the Try It Free if you want to sign up for the services.