Here in this guide, we will be showing you how to fix Google maps not working on your Android device. I know how frustrating it could be when you can’t locate your destination especially when you are not familiar with the terrain of the environment. Follow through this article and you will be glad you did.
Google Maps is a Web-based mapping service that offers concise information about different geographical regions and locations around the world Google. Google Maps also offers aerial and satellite imagery, street maps, 360° panoramic views of many streets comprising photographs taken from vehicles, real-time traffic congestion reports, and route planning for traveling.
Google Maps have so much made life so easy and also made our commutes easy than ever. However, there are a lot of circumstances that might be responsible for Google Maps’ failure.
Google Maps for Android and iOS smartphones was launched in September 2008, combining GPS turn-by-turn navigation and exclusive parking help capacities. In August 2013, Google Maps was announced to be the most famous smartphone app all over the world, with over 54 percent of worldwide smartphone owners accessing it.
Don’t be in a hurry to scroll through, settle down and follow this article carefully to get the Google Maps app up and running efficiently in no time. Sit back and let’s dive into the nitty-gritty on how to fix Google maps not working on your Android device.
How to Fix Google Maps not working on Android
Are you finding it hard to fix Google maps not working on your Android device? Then, relax! The solution is right here, just follow the steps below:
Ensure you Update the Google Maps App
Is your Google Maps not working on Android or has it just crashed? The very first thing to do is to ensure the app is updated to its latest version. Updates are usually handled automatically, but just in case you can try to check for the most recent version of Google Maps on the Google Play Store all for free. Follow the steps below for the update procedure:
- Set up the Google Play Store.
- Open My applications & games by clicking on the hamburger menu.
- Click on “Update all” right under the Updates tab.
- By following the steps above, this will automatically update the different pending apps to get updated on your device, including Google Maps! Now this must process should help fix Google maps not working on Android.
Delete the Google Maps App’s Cache and Data.
Cache and data can cause unnecessary crashing of the Google maps app. This next step is the most appropriate to delete Google Maps’ locally saved cache and data. This action will help reset the program and force it to reset. Before you can remove the cache and data from Google Maps on Android, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- Choose the Apps and Notifications tab.
- Search for Manage applications or all apps option.
- Locate and set up Google Maps.
- Click on the Storage button.
- Now, clear the cache and data for Google Maps to function optimally.
- Restart your Android device and enjoy!
- This action will help fix Google maps not working on your Android device.
Make sure you Enable High Location Accuracy mode
Google Maps is so accurate with identifying your position more precisely if you enable the high precision mode. Although this setting will cost you more data usage and battery power, they are very important for the program to function effectively and efficiently. Enabling high location accuracy mode should help you fix Google Maps not working on your Android device. Follow the steps below to enable the high location accuracy mode:
- Set up the Settings app on your Android device.
- Search for GPS and location services.
- Go to the Advanced Location Settings section.
- Choose Google Location Accuracy from the drop-down menu.
- Turn the Improve Location Accuracy option on.
- Open and verify if the Google Maps application is working.
Ensure to Calibrate the Compass
You might need to re-adjust the Compass. Google Maps needs your precise current location to offer accurate directions, and calibration of the Maps compass is important for this action. Google Maps may not function accurately if the compass is not calibrated. By using any of these easy methods, you may need to manually calibrate the compass in Maps:
- Click on the Blue Dot showing your present position in the Google Maps app on your phone.
- At the lower-left corner on your screen, you will notice a “Calibrate Compass” option.
- Select the “Calibrate Compass” option and follow the on-screen instructions to recalibrate the compass.
- This should fix the Google Maps not working issue specifically the “Maps route not appearing” problem.
- This calibration process should help you fix Google maps not working on Android devices.
Reset the Google Play Services
In case deleting the cache and data does not solve the problem, you may try resetting Google Play Services. This service usually runs in the background almost all the time to ensure your apps and Google services are connected.
In addition, if Google Play Services is not operating properly, it may affect the Google Maps app’s efficiency. To reset Google play services, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings >> Apps & Notifications on your smartphone.
- Locate the Google Play Services from the application list provided.
- Choose “Storage & cache” and click on Clear storage.
- On the next page, tap on the “Clear all data” option.
Wait for a while for the process to finish and verify and be sure Google Maps is working properly and efficiently. This process should fix Google Maps not working on Android devices.
Functions of Google Maps
Over the years, Google Maps has metamorphosed significantly, changing from our desktops to our phones and adding a collection of new features. Below are some of the new functions you might not know to exist on Google maps, check them below:
You can create multiple Checkpoints on your journey
When you embark on a journey, it’s likely not possible for you not to have a stop-over to do one or two things before getting to your destination. You might need to stop for food, petrol, or gas, a toilet break, or to take a diversion to have a great roadside site view. It’s quite easy to add stops along the road so far you have planned your destination. Follow the steps below:
- Once you start your journey, click on the search symbol and select “Gas stations”, “Grocery stores”, “Restaurants”, “Coffee shops”, or search for stops.
- Click on the three dots located at the upper right corner of the app and select “Add stop” for scheduled stops.
- In case you click on an empty spot, you may need to search, add from the map, or select from “Gas stations”, “Groceries”, “Restaurants”, “Cafés”, “Fast food”, and “ATMs”.
Scan and Check for Present and Projected Traffic
Follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Switch on “traffic” by tapping on the diamond-shaped layers symbol to check for the congested traffic in your neighborhood.
- In case you are using PCs, you will find a box with the words “Live traffic” and an inverted triangle. Select the inverted triangle and click “Typical traffic” to foresee how traffic will be later in the day or during the week.
In case you need to find your seat in a large stadium, go to your favorite store at the mall, or leave a casino? Google Maps has maps of different venues, including All of America, Madison Square Garden, and Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
You also Have the Liberty to Explore the inside
Do you know one of the unique features on Google Maps is showing you how to travel about not only when driving within our country’s interstates or Metropolitan streets? It also has the feature to show you your way around inside institutions such as well-known art museums, airports, and your local gym.
When you search for a particular location, you will see a photo with a 360-degree symbol on the map. It’s possible to inspect rooms inside and even check around by clicking the symbol. You can also have a street view of the building’s exterior the same way, which is very useful while driving to an unknown location.
You can analyze the level of the crowd in public transport, businesses, restaurants, and other busy places.
Are you wondering how clumsy the train will be, or if a business or restaurant is specifically crowded, the Google Maps app for Android and iOS can tell you beforehand. Once the live location information is available, Google will always display it, or else it will show you the expected bustle. You can even check when the next bus will be arriving. Isn’t that awesome!
Here are the possible solutions to fix Google Maps not working on the Android issue. We hope that one of these fixes listed above works for you and help you solve your Maps issue. Stay tuned for similar tips and gadgets fixes! Let’s know if this article was helpful in the comment section below.