If you are a foodie looking for the nearest restaurants or a closeby restaurant to have a launch with your loved ones or dinner or even breakfast Google Maps can help you out. Google Maps can help you to find the list of restaurants near me with just a click.
The stress of asking around where nearby restaurants can be found is now abolished by Google Maps. With the Google Maps app installed on your device or visiting maps.google.com on a web browser at home or office, you can monitor a lot of traffic progress such as traffic to work, find the nearest hotels, find gas stations nearest to you, and a whole lot of things that you can do with the Google Maps.
With the Google Maps feature to find the nearest restaurants for your Pizza or small chops, you can bank on this article to learn more how the steps to take to find which restaurants are nearby, location, office address, kilometers to the restaurant from your current location, and possible the restaurant phone number to place an order.
Needs to Find the Nearest Restaurants
These are the basic things that you need to explore the Google Maps app on your phone or maps.google.com a PC or laptop or tablet to find nearby restaurants.
- Google Maps on your phone or maps.google.com website on a web browser.
- Enable phone location for the Google Maps app on your phone to detect your location automatically.
- If you are using a web browser on a computer or laptop, you must be able to provide your location address for Google Maps to be able to find the nearest restaurants or nearby restaurants.
- A wireless (Wi-Fi) network or Hotspot or mobile network to connect to the internet with the device to use and explore the Google Maps app or website feature to find food canteen or seller online.
When these are available, you can follow the process in the next headline to search for all the restaurants in your neighborhood.
How to Enable Location on Android Phone
The Google Maps app needs to access your location to work automatically otherwise, you will be prompted to provide the current location manually when you want to search for a nearby restaurant on the app using your phone.
So, before we dive into how to find a closeby restaurant on your phone, you first need to turn on the device location.
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Tap on the “Location Service.”
- Enable “Allow Access” to my location when prompted.
This location could be either wireless location access or GPS location access depending on your Android phone settings.
How to Find the Nearest Restaurants on Android
Google Maps app is a preinstalled app on all Android devices. All you need to do is to stay up-to-date with the Maps app on your phone.
- Launch the Google Maps app on your Android phone app menu.
- Select “Restaurants” with a folk and knife indicator on the app navigation.
- Google Maps will search for all the nearby restaurants and show them on the phone screen with each restaurant’s respective rating.
- The Maps will also include some grids under the restaurants’ search results with each restaurant rating from their past and present customers, the option to call the restaurant and the direction to the restaurant.
- In a bid to search for all the restaurants in your location or neighbourhood, Google Maps provide the option to filter the Maps result with open now, cuisine, and top-rated.
- To filter the Maps result, tap on More filters and choose the restaurant’s rating (3.5 is not bad), cuisine (African dishes, Asian, Barbecue, Chinese, Fast food, Indian, Lebanese, Seafood, and West African), and choose open now.
- After that select “Apply” and wait for the Google Maps app to explore the information and display the result that matches the filter the best.
- Click on either the restaurant on the Maps or select the grid below the Maps to show more information about your choice of restaurants.
- To find the direction to the restaurant, select Direction or call to ask whether your preferred dishes are available. In most cases, most restaurants don’t reply to chat instantly, so it’s best to use the call feature to contact the restaurant’s representative to ask about your interest or look elsewhere for other restaurants that can offer you the service that you are looking for.
- Once you selected the direction you will be prompted to enter your location and this is where the option to enable your Android phone location when searching for the nearest restaurants comes in.
- If your location is enabled, the fastest route to the restaurants will pop up. But, if the location isn’t enabled, you will be asked to enter or choose your start location, select your means of transportation (car, bike, bus, walk, etc.,) or select from the stored location on your Google Maps history.
- At this point, you can preview the direction and PIN the restaurant’s direction on the screen so that you wouldn’t have to search for the restaurant again while driving.
- When you click on Steps on the Maps menu at the bottom of the page it shows you the direction from your current location to the location where the restaurant is located.
How to Find Where Restaurants are on Google Maps on PC
If you just type “where is the nearest restaurant” on the Google search engine you will see a whole lot of them with different ratings from their customers. However, if you want to have access to all nearby restaurants using Google Maps here is a guide for you.
This doesn’t matter where you live. Whether you are a Nigerian or reside precisely in Ohio or Ibadan, Google Maps can help find all open restaurants around your neighbourhood.
- Go to maps.google.com on a web browser.
- Wait for the Google Maps page to load fully. This might take a while depending on your internet speed and CPU.
- Click on Restaurants in the navigation.
- Google Maps will display all nearby restaurants on the Maps with a red indicator with a fork and knife as the label.
- And on the left of the screen, a section shows some restaurants with their rating and probably address and location.
- Click on either the restaurant to the left or the Maps.
- Once you have done that, a preview of the kitchen or restaurant will appear on the left.
- Check through if it matches what you need or selects another kitchen or restaurant on the Maps.
- Once you are satisfied with the restaurant location, rating, service, environment, and other personal requirements, click on the direction to know the way to the restaurant or select send to phone to forward the restaurant directly to your phone and view it on Google Maps with your location turned on.
To locate the restaurant fast, choose the Maps option and follow the direction as the device directs you. While using the Maps, you will be taken off the major road to escape dense traffic and follow where there is a quick movement.
This is how to find where the nearest restaurants are located on your phone without leaving the comfort of your home.