For Verizon users, the “Message+ keeps stopping” could be frustrating with no idea on how to fix it. The worst, if the app keeps crashing, it could destabilize you. However, if you are reading this post, it means that you are having a problem with your Message+ app and looking for a way to fix it.
There are a few options available to fix the messaging app keeps stopping on Android. However, we will detail all the steps to fix the Message+ on your Android if it keeps crashing repeatedly.
How to Fix Message+ Keeps Stopping
Since you are searching for how to fix Message+ keep crashing on your Android phone here is the guide for you. All you need to do is to follow the steps below and see if it fixes the crashing problem on your device. Meanwhile, you don’t have to go through the entire solutions. Try the first one and open the Message+ app to see if it has fixed it. If it doesn’t work, try the second approach to see if it’ll fix it. And if it doesn’t proceed to the next step until it fixes it.
1. Restart the Smartphone
Restarting your phone fixes minor problems on your phone such as the app not responding, app crashing, the app not opening, the app not loading, and many more. So, if your Message+ app isn’t responding or keeps closing or crashing, you should restart the device and try to open the app again to see whether it fixes it.
If the app is still not responding after restarting the phone, try the next step.
2. Update Phone Software
You could encounter the “Verizon messaging app not working” if you are running an outdated version of your phone OS. If your Verizon app and the firmware are not compatible, you may have a problem running the Verizon app successfully. Therefore, it’s advisable to consider upgrading the phone OS to the latest OS if there is an update available.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Scroll down the page and tap “System.”
- Tap “Software update.”
- Tap “download and install” if there is an update available.
Once you have updated to the latest OS successfully, open the “message+ app” and see if it stops again. And if there is no update that shows it’s not OS update that causes the Verizon message+ keeps crashing.
3. Force to Stop the App
Forcing the app to stop may affect the app functionality, but that may be what you need to make the app work again. After that, restart your Android phone and go back to open the messaging app to see if the app keeps stopping never stops.
- Go to your Android settings.
- Tap “Apps” or “Apps Manager”
- Tap “Message+”
- Tap “Force to stop.”
- Restart your phone
Once you force the app to stop working, it will stop some of the app functionality, but, restarting your phone thereafter will restore the app to normal.
4. Clear “Message+” Caches and Data
Caches are bytes that are store on your phone to make the phone and apps work perfectly. However, when the caches are in excess, it can hinder the phone from working fine. Therefore, we will assume that the message+ app caches are in excess, so it’s hindering the app from working correctly.
- Go to your phone settings.
- Tap “Apps” or “Apps Manager.”
- Tap the “Message+ app” from the list.
- Tap “Storage.”
- Tap “clear data” and “clear caches.”
If it’s excess caches that are stopping the Message+ app from working as expected, it should be fixed after clearing the app caches. However, the direction above may be different from the settings on your phone. This is due to the manufacture.
5. Wipe Caches Partition on your Phone
This is an advanced measure to fix the “Message+ app keeps stopping”. Follow our leads below to wipe of caches partition affect phone apps including the Verison messaging app.
- Turn off your smartphone if it’s on.
- Press and hold the “Power + Volume up” until the phone logo appears. On Samsung, press the power button and the Bixby button.
- While you hold the buttons together, keep pressing the volume button until the logo appears.
- Press the volume down button until you get to “wipe caches partition.”
- Press the “Power” button to select the option.
- Scroll down and select “Yes” to select the option.
- Tap the power button.
- Scroll to the “Reboot” system using the volume down button once the wiping is completed.
This should fix the “Message+ crashing or not loading” This is not guaranteed though, but it should work.
6. Update the Verizon Message+ App
This should be your next action if the Verizon Message+ app still not working or still keeps stopping when our open it. If the stopping or crashing error is caused due to the fact that the app is outdated, updating to the recent release will clear all error and fix the app bugs.
- Open the Google Play store app.
- Tap on the hamburger to the top right
- Tap “M games and apps.”
- Find the “Verizon+” and tap on it.
- Tap “Update.”
- Wait for the app update to start downloading and install on your device.
Now, open the Verizon Message+ app to see if it keeps stopping after opening again.
7. Uninstall and Reinstall the Message Plus app
If none of the above steps works, after all, you should uninstall the app and reinstall the app from the app store. If you are using Verizon message plus APK, you may want to remove it and install the app directly from the Google play store.
There are various ways to uninstall apps from Android phone. Just follow the step that you know very well to uninstall the Verizon plus app and download it directly from the Google Plau store.
Follow the steps below to remove the Verizon messaging app on your Android and reinstall it again.
- Swipe down the phone notification tray.
- Navigate to “Apps” and tap it.
- Tap “Message+” by Verizon.
- Tap “Uninstall”
- Tap “Yes” from the popup.
Now, navigate to the Google store to download the recent app release.
8. Try Verizon Message Plus Alternative
Verizon plus is not the only free texting app for Android. There are quite a few of them. If the “Message+ keeps stopping” could not be fixed for you, it may be time for you to replace it with the alternative.
Although there are a few alternatives to replace the Verizon Message+ plus app, however, talking about alternatives to Message+ we will recommend “Signal” app. You should download it from the Google Play Store.
The app is a private messenger, so you don’t have to fear for anonymous access your messages without your permission.
- Launch the “Google Play Store” app.
- Type “Signal” and click on the search button.
- Tap “Install”
- Wait for the app to download and install automatically on your phone.
- Now, you can proceed to remove the Verizon Message+ app from your Android phone.
Here, we have provided all possible means to fix Verizon Message+ keeps stopping on your Android phone. We also mentioned a replacement if it fails to fix it. However, while the Verizon app wasn’t responding and keep crashing, updating our phone OS and the app to the recent release stops the app from crashing.
Meanwhile, go through this whole post would have added a byte to what you think you know. Therefore, we would love to hear from you on which of the steps works on your phone to fix the “Message+” app keeps crashing and stopping.