This article will explain how to resolve the Simplisafe entry sensor not responding error.
When it comes to home security systems, SimpliSafe is a household name. The purpose of these systems is to provide security 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The sensor is the newest addition to SimpliSafe’s home security system. The sensors are wireless door and window touch sensors that communicate with the Simplisafe panel! These sensors are engaged when you arm your Simplisafe alarm, and they detect the opening of any windows or doors.
Why does the Simplisafe Entry Sensor not Responding Error Occur?
A Simplisafe entry sensor not responding error will appear when sensors in the SimpliSafe system fail to check in with the Base Station for more than 24 hours. You must first reset your base station and then wait 45 minutes before reconnecting all of your wired entry sensors to resolve this issue.
Also, if you’re trying to install the SimpliSafe Entry Sensor but getting an error message that says Sensor not responding, it’s possible that your device was configured but never installed.
This can happen if another family member has already placed their entry sensor without deleting the sense your placed first. Please remove the other person’s entry sensor before continuing with your installation if this occurs.
If the entry sensor does not respond, you can clap to confirm whether the sensor is responding or not. This will disclose whether the item has been tampered with in any way and whether it has batteries.
If the entry sensors do not check in with the Base Station for more than 24 hours, the SimpliSafe system will generate issues.
The Simplisafe entry sensor not responding error can occur due to one of the following reasons :
- The gadget is currently too far away from your Base Station to communicate.
- When your system was ordered, the device was programmed but never installed. If you have any extra sensors that are still boxed up and haven’t been installed, make sure to remove them from your Keypad’s “Devices” menu.
- It is required to replace the device battery or batteries that are causing the issue.
How to Fix Simplisafe Entry Sensor not Responding
The SimpliSafe Entry Sensor is a gadget that is intended to assist users in avoiding potential dangers in their homes. This device includes four sensors and is simple to install. On the other hand, the device will not function properly if it malfunctions or becomes detached from its power supply.
To resolve the Simplisafe entry sensor not responding error, you can try the following troubleshooting methods.
- For at least 10 seconds, or until you hear a tone indicating that the sensor has been successfully powered back on, press and hold the reset button on the front of your sensor. If your sensor continues to be unresponsive, the device’s battery will need to be replaced.
- Check to see if your Simplisafe security system is running firmware version 3.0 or above. Then unscrew and remove the previous entry point symbol from the location where it was linked, then replace it with the new one on top of your current wiring configuration/shape for more entry points.
- Put your base station into test mode to determine if your sensor is too far from the base station by following the basic instructions below.
- Press the menu on the Keypad, and input your master pin
- Toggle to Test Mode and select it with the right rocker.
- When the Base Station enters Test Mode, it will make an announcement.
- You can now test the sensor by pressing the button on top of it.
- Assuming the Base Station can communicate with the sensor, it will recognize the test by declaring the sensor’s name (if you used one of the default names offered when setting up your system) and type.
Check out How to Install the SimpliSafe Devices
Detach the sensor from its mounting bracket and bring it into the room where your Base Station is positioned if you did not hear the Base Station recognize the test (although you were in earshot range and would have if it had).
Press the test button on top of the sensor again to repeat the test. If you hear the test recognized this time, it means the sensor is too far away from the Base Station to communicate successfully.
When this happens, it is recommended that you relocate the Base Station rather than the device itself, as the Base Station should be able to connect with all of your devices if it is in a central location on your property.
However, some rooms, such as the kitchen or an office with a lot of equipment plugged in, may experience higher interference levels.
If you’re able to, consider shifting the Base Station closer to these regions if you’re having troubles with simplisafe entry sensor not responding since this will usually solve the problem.
How to Reset Simplisafe Entry Sensor
Another measure to fix your Simplisafe entry sensor not responding is to reset the Simplisafe entry sensor. Therefore, we will take a look at how to reset the Simplisafe entry sensor.
- Unplug your Simplisafe base station.
- Unscrew the battery cover to remove the entry sensor batteries. This will enable the Simplisafe entry sensor offline mode. This will not have anything to do with the Simplisafe entry sensor open or whatever.
- Wait for about 2 minutes or more depending on how you are willing to wait.
- Insert the batteries accordingly and cover them with the batteries cover.
- Finally, arm your system to confirm whether it’s working or not.
With the steps above, the Simplisafe entry sensor not chiming should be saved.
We have looked at why the simplisafe entry sensor not responding error occurs, and the available troubleshooting steps to fix the Simplisafe entry sensor not responding error.
And this should answer your questions as to why is my Simplisafe entry sensor not working, or how do I fix Simplisafe device not responding or any other related questions.
If you have tried all of these steps, and the issue is still occurring. It is recommended that you contact the Simplisafe customer support team for further assistance.