Are you having trouble logging in with your YouTube Activate? Don’t get yourself worked up. You are trying to open YouTube on your device, and you need to activate it with a code but what happens if the codes do not work? The youtube won’t activate right? Don’t panic and here is your guide. Here are some of the best ways to fix YouTube Activate not working on streaming device.
Following the guidelines below, you will get to fix your YouTube Activate not working shortly.
Try Logging In Again
Re-logging into your account can sometimes help with youtube.com/activate enter code issues. Follow the steps below:
- Open your YouTube app
- Head over to Sign-in and settings
- Now select Sign in and press X
- The app will give you a code
- Go to youtube.com/activate using your PC or phone
- Sign in with your Google account info if needed
- Enter the code from above and choose to continue
- Select Allow access
You will be amazed that the simple solution might just be you restarting the app. After imputing the code and following the necessary instructions, restart the device (TV, Console) and try using the app again.
Some time ago, some YouTube apps were giving a 9 digit code but the website only supported 8 digits. If you are facing a similar issue simply delete the app from your device and install a fresh copy from the app store and the issue should resolve itself. If not, simply restart the process to request a new code.
Remove all Cookies From YouTube On Your Device
On the computer or device, you are attempting to activate with, try to remove all cookies from YouTube and Google. Try another computer or use a tablet or phone to access the link. You do not need to be connected to the same internet connection but always make sure that the device you want to activate and the device you’re using to activate have a connection to the internet.
Update the YouTube App To The Latest Version
Make sure you’ve updated your YouTube app to the latest version on Google Play. Uninstall and reinstall the app on your device (even if you have the latest version). Make sure you’re using a Google Account to sign in. Try adding your Google Account to your mobile device using the instructions for Android devices.
Enable YouTube Cookies
Launch your browser and enable YouTube cookies under privacy settings. If you’re using Chrome or another Chromium-based browser, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings, click on Privacy and Security, and scroll down to Site Settings.
- Then scroll down to Content, and select Cookies and site data.
- Refresh your tab and check the results.
Your Browser must be up to date
If you’re running an outdated browser version on your device, that may explain why you can’t log in to YouTube.
- Click on More options, go to Help
- Select About Google Chrome and check for updates.
- Install the latest browser version on your device
- Launch Chrome again and check the results.
Try Incognito Mode To Fix YouTube Activate Not Working
Updating your browser did not work for you? Then try the incognito mode.
- Click on More options and select New incognito window.
- Check if you can sign in to your YouTube account. If you can access your account, this indicates something’s blocking the login process.
- It could be your cache, cookies, or extensions. Go to the next solution to solve the problem.
Clear YouTube Cache and Disable Your Extensions
This fix should help resolve your YouTube activation issues.
Don’t miss how to set up a YouTube account for beginners
- Click on More options
- Click on History twice and select Clear browsing data.
- Then clear the cache and cookies from the last four weeks and check the results.
- If you still can’t log in to YouTube, select All time under Time range to remove all the cache files and cookies stored on your browser.
- If the login problem persists, click again on More options, select Tools, go to Extensions and manually disable all your browser extensions.
- Restart your computer, launch Chrome again, and try to log in to YouTube again.
Be Sure Your Account Wasn’t Hacked
If nothing Is working, this may be directed to the fact that your YouTube account has been hacked. Check if you can access your Google account and change your password. If you’re locked out, use the account recovery page and try to recover your account.
If you can’t fix your YouTube activate, try re-logging, restart the device, ensure you remove all cookies from YouTube on your device, update your browser to the latest version, use incognito mode and make sure your account has not been hacked.
The above tips work for Apple TV, Roku, Smart TVs, Fire TV as well as Xbox and PlayStation consoles. If you’re still facing issues after then reach out to Google or YouTube support for assistance.
Which of these tips worked for you? Let us know in the comments section below. If these guidelines helped you fix the problem, leave a comment below.