Let us talk about how to get dark mode on Snapchat if you don’t have App Appearance on your Android and iPhone devices.
Come what may, you can still get dark mode on Snapchat if you don’t have the app appearance feature on your iPhone and Android.
The Snapchat app appearance feature brought dark mode to the Snap app which implies that without the app appearance there is no way you can get the dark mode on your iPhone without using a 3rd-party app.
While that is not far from the truth, there is a way even better than using the Snapchat app appearance to enable the dark mode if you ever wish to have the dark mode turned on across all apps and games on your iPhone.
Therefore, here in this article, we will discuss how to get dark mode on Snapchat if you don’t have appearance app. Although, the app appearance feature to get dark mode on Snapchat is only available for iPhone while Android users are keenly waiting for when the dark mode update will get to their device.
However, Android 10 and later users have scaled through these hurdles are the dark mode on Snapchat can be forced on Android without the app appearance feature.
The downside of this feature is that you have to be a developer on your Android phone to force the dark mode to the Snapchat app. And as for iPhone users, to get dark mode on Snapchat if you don’t have app appearance option on your device, you have to depend on the iPhone device manufacturer option which is referred to as a smart invert that automatically forces dark mode on your iPhone device.
Therefore, if you don’t know about this trick on how to get dark mode on Snapchat if you don’t have app appearance on Android and iPhone here is a guide for you.
The following are the basic requirement to get dark mode on Snapchat on Android if the app didn’t have the app appearance option.
- You must be able to enable the developer mode on your phone.
- Your Android phone must be Android 10 or later.
To get the dark mode on Snapchat on your iPhone without the app appearance, the iOS device must has the smart invert function.
Don’t miss how to get Snapchat Dark mode on all Android phones and iOS devices.
If your Android and iPhone meet this basic requirement, then, follow the procedures below to enable dark mode on your Snapchat without using app appearance.
How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat if you don’t Have App Appearance
We will discuss various approaches on how to turn on dark mode on Snapchat without using the app appearance feature on the app on Android and iPhone in this section.
Snapchat Dark Mode on iPhone
Follow the steps below to turn on dark mode on your iPhone if your Snapchat app don’t have the app appearance feature.
- Go to your iPhone Settings.
- Scroll down and select “Accessibility.”
- Find and select “Display & Text Size.”
- Toggle the “Smart Invert” icon.
This feature on your iPhone enables dark mode on the device as well as on the Snapchat app.
How to Add Smart Invert as Shortcut
For quick access to the Snapchat dark mode option on your iPhone, you can easily add the smart invert function to turn on dark mode as a shortcut on your iPhone. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.
- Double-click on your iPhone home or the side button to enable or disable the smart invert function.
- Follow the steps below to add the invert tab to your phone shortcut.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Choose accessibility.
- Tap on the accessibility shortcut.
- Find and click on smart invert.
Now, exit the settings page and the smart invert shortcut will be added to your iPhone shortcut.
Snapchat Dark Mode on Android
For Android users with the “Smart Invert”, the following procedures describe how to get dark mode on Snapchat on Android if you don’t have app appearance.
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select “System.”
- Find Smart Assistance on Huawei phones.
- Click on “Accessibility.”
- Scroll down to visual and toggle on “Color Inversion.”
- This will invert the phone colour from a light theme to a dark theme.
- Open the Snapchat app and swipe right and left.
- The dark mode or colour inversion should also affect the Snapchat mode and turn it into dark mode.
How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat on Android 10
If your Android phone is not Android 10 try to upgrade to Android 10. With this Android 9 users will be envious of Android 10 users. Android has a built-in feature to force dark mode on your phone and get dark mode on Snapchat without the app appearance.
Therefore, we will consider how to get dark mode on Snapchat if you don’t have app appearance in the app function after the recent update.
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Select “Display.”
- Enable dark mode under “Brightness.”
- Scroll down and select About phone.
- Select Software information.
- Click on build number 7 times to become a developer.
- Click on the back button and navigate to your phone”Settings.”
- Scroll down and select “Force Dark Mode.”
Without taking permission from the Snapchat app appearance, the dark mode feature will turn on after the option to force dark mode is turned on and it will affect the Snapchat app and other apps.
This guide is about how to get dark mode on Snapchat if you don’t have app appearance feature on Android and iPhone and how to add the smart invert on your iPhone to your phone home screen.