There are two ways on how to get dark mode on Snapchat and we will discuss both methods in this article. These methods to turn on dark mode on your Snapchat doesn’t depend on the OS version for iPhone. But to force dark mode on Snapchat on Android works on Android 10 and later. Android 9 users have to depend on another trick which we will also discuss in this article.
So, if you have an iPhone the approach will work on all iPhones including iPhone 6, iPhone X, XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro max.
The same sense applies to Android users. The approach to get Snapchat dark mode on Android Samsung phone is the same as the method that is available to get the Snapchat dark mode on Android 9 and Android 11 respectively if the method to force dark mode on Snapchat fails.
So, irrespective of your Android phone OS version or iPhone iOS (iOS 13 or 14) or earlier or later version, this article on how to get Dark mode on Snapchat iPhone will guide you through.
What is Snapchat Dark Mode?
The dark mode is also referred to as Night Mode. Just as the literary meaning of dark and mode. Mode is interpreted here as a switch that moves the Snapchat interface from one mode to another. In this case, that moves the Snapchat light to dark.
Therefore, the Snapchat dark mode is referred to as the Snapchat function that turns the Snapchat app from light background to a dark background without affecting the app navigation.
The Snapchat dark mode is designed to make using the Snapchat app convenient at night.
This Snapchat dark mode however is different from your phone dark mode or night mode or eyes comfort as you would see on most smartphones.
There is a slight difference between the Snapchat dark mode and smartphone dark mode or night mode or eyes comfort.
The Snapchat app dark mode only affects the Snapchat app while your smartphone app caught across all activities on your Android or iPhone.
So, in this article, we will only focus on how to get Snapchat dark mode if you don’t have the appearance app and get the dark mode on the Snapchat app using the appearance app.
Methods to getting Dark Mode on Snapchat App
There are two ways to get Dark Mode on Snapchat app on Android. As for iPhone, the second method might no valid as it required a 3rd party app to enable.
- Snapchat inbuilt feature.
- 3rd party app (s).
You can also turn on dark mode on the Snapchat app using the inbuilt feature on your Android or iPhone depending on the available settings.
Inbuilt Snapchat Dark Mode Vs Appearance App
There is an inbuilt Snapchat dark mode to turn on or enable dark mode on your Snapchat. And there is an appearance app to turn on night mode on your smartphone without using the built-in night or dark mode feature in your Snapchat.
However, the default Snapchat app dark mode is only available for the updated Snapchat app. Therefore, before we start to unleash how to get dark mode on Snapchat 2022, let’s quickly run through how to update the Snapchat app on Android and iPhone to include the dark mode feature in the Snapchat app.
How to Update Snapchat on Android
If the dark mode feature isn’t available in your Snapchat then you need to update the Snapchat app. To enable the Snapchat app dark mode on your Android, first, update the Snapchat app to the latest version following the steps below.
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android.
- Sign in to your Google account if you haven’t done that.
- Click on your “Profile” to the top right.
- Select “Manage Apps & Device.”
- Click on the “Manage” tab.
- Select “Update Available.”
- Click on “Snapchat.”
- Tap “Update.”
Wait for a couple of seconds to download and install the latest Snapchat app with the dark mode feature.
Update Snapchat App on iPhone
Before we can get the Snapchat dark mode on our iPhone we need to get the latest Snapchat iOS app with the dark mode feature. Therefore, we will proceed with how to update the Snapchat app on iPhone in this section.
- Open the Apple apps store on your iPhone.
- Click on your “Profile” icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down the screen until you get to pending updates and release notes.
- Find the “Snapchat” app and tap on the “Next” tab.
- Hang on for a couple of seconds to get the Snapchat app latest update and install it on your iPhone.
Updating the Snapchat app to the latest version will bring forth the app new features which include the dark mode. And now, we can proceed with how to get dark mode on Snapchat on Android and iPhone that this article aims to achieve.
Enable Developer Mode on your Android
The core requirement to get dark mode on Snapchat on Android is to enable the developer mode. By default, the default mode on Android phones isn’t enabled. Users have to turn on the developer mode manually. To achieve this, kindly follow the steps below.
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Scroll down to “About” phone.
- Tap the “Build Number” about 7 times.
- Once the developer mode has been enabled you will see a popup saying “You are now a developer.”
Now, with the developer mode enabled, you can easily capitalize on the approach to get the dark mode on your Android phone.
How to Get Snapchat Dark Mode on Android
The following steps work you through how to enable dark mode on a Snapchat app on Android 9 or Android 11 and other Android OS in 2022. The step here discussed how to get dark mode on Snapchat if you don’t have app appearance.
Note: This option is only available for Android 10 or later users. Android 9 and earlier cannot use this method to get dark mode on their Snapchat.
- Update the Snapchat app on your Android phone.
- Swipe down your phone notifications tray and click on the “Settings.”
- Click on “Display” when you scroll down the interface.
- Toggle “Enable Dark Mode” under “Brightness.”
- Press the back button and navigate to “Settings.”
- Scroll down and click on “About Phone.”
- Click on “Software Information” or Developer Mode.”
- Enable the developer mode by clicking on the build number about 7 times.
- Navigate to the “Developer” option under your “Settings.”
- Select “Force Dark Mode.”
The process above will force you to get dark mode on your Snapchat app and all apps and games on your Android phone. However, if you can also use the Android 9 or Android 11 eyes comfort [Huawei phone] feature to reduce your Snapchat app brightness.
How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat on iPhone using the App Appearance
To get dark mode on Snapchat on your iPhone you would have to depend on the appearance app. The Snapchat dark mode for iPhone was released around May 2021 with what is called App Appearance on Snapchat.
Therefore, follow the steps below to use the Snapchat App Appearance feature to turn on the Snapchat app night mode on your iPhone.
- Launch your Snapchat app on your iPhone.
- Click on your “Sncpaht Profile” or the “Bitmoji” to the top left.
- Click on the “Settings gear” to the top right.
- Scroll down and select “App Appearance” under “Voice Scan.”
- Choose “Always Black” to turn on the Snapchat dark mode on your iPhone.
Instantly, the Snapchat mode will change from a light mode with a light background to a dark mode with a dark background on your iPhone.
This option isn’t available on Android yet. However, the above method to get dark mode on Snapchat on Android might not work for all devices but it works on some selected Android devices with the option to force the dark mode or night mode across all apps and games on the device.
How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat without App Appearance
It’s pretty much easy to get dark mode on your Snapchat on iPhone without using the app appearance feature in the Snapchat app. And here is how to do that.
- Open your iPhone “Settings.”
- Scroll down and click on “Accessibility.”
- Find and click on “Display & Text Size.”
- Scroll down and select “Smart Invert” to turn it on.
- Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone.
- Swipe to right and/or refresh the page.
This is a quick walk around on how to get dark mode on Snapchat without app appearance on your iPhone.
How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat if you Don’t have App Appearance
Let us quickly talk about how to get dark mode on Snapchat if you don’t have app appearance on your Snapchat app. This is peculiar to all Android phone users. The Snapchat app appearance is yet to be released for Android users, therefore, you can get dark mode on your Snapchat using the app appearance on your Android.
But… There is an alternative approach to solve this problem.
- Download and install the Dark Mode app on your Android phone.
- Launch the “Dark Mode” app on your phone.
- Click on “Dark Mode” to turn on dark mode or auto mode to automatically switch between night mode and day mode.
With this option, you don’t need the app appearance feature on the Snapchat app to turn on the app dark mode.
Using dark mode or night mode in your phone help keep your phone battery longer than when it’s on day mode and also reduce light emission from your phone.
We have discussed all the possible ways on how to get dark mode on Snapchat on Android and iPhone and also how to get the dark mode on your Snapchat if you don’t have the app appearance feature. Therefore, we believe that this article will quench your agitation for a comprehensive guide that addresses how to enable dark mode on your Snapchat app.