If you own a Galaxy Watch 5 and would love to access your WhatsApp chat on the watch, here is a guide; we will discuss explicitly how to get WhatsApp on Galaxy Watch 5 and access your WhatsApp chat on it easily.
And since getting WhatsApp on your Galaxy Watch 5 is easy and hassle-free. This article will ease with the steps to take.
You don’t need to jailbreak or root your device to achieve this if you are using a compatible smartphone.
With the Samsung smartphone, you can easily get access WhatsApp on your Galaxy Watch making it pretty easy to stay in touch with friends and loved ones
If you have no clue about how it is done, keep reading this article as I will be walking you through the steps to get WhatsApp up and running on your Galaxy Watch 5 and how to activate notifications on it.
How to Get WhatsApp on Galaxy Watch 5
There are a few things you need to know before I dive into how to get WhatsApp on the Galaxy Watch. First, you do not need to install WhatsApp on your Galaxy Watch.
You only need to install it on the smartphone that you will be connecting to your Galaxy Watch via the wearable app.
If you don’t still get it, here is a step-by-step procedure on how to achieve that.
- Get your smartphone and install WhatsApp on it from the play store.
- Next, install the Galaxy Wearable app on your smartphone.
- Now you need to pair your Galaxy Watch with your smartphone.
- Launch the Galaxy wearable app.
- Turn on your galaxy with the
- Afterwards, scan for nearby devices on the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Select your Galaxy watch
- Now, you will see a Bluetooth pairing request on your mobile device.
- Verify if the passkey matches the passkey on the watch.
- If it does, tap on pair and tick on your watch.
- Wait for the watch to fully pair with your smartphone.
How to Get WhatsApp Notifications on Galaxy Watch 5
After installing the Galaxy Watch on your device, you won’t get notifications on your watch until you configure it to show notifications from the Galaxy Wearable app.
If you’ve not been able to do this before, follow the procedures below.
- Launch your Galaxy wearable app.
- Tap on the Hamburg icon at the top left.
- Alternatively, if you can see the notification right from the home screen, skip Step 6.
- Choose your Galaxy watch from the list.
- Click on the watch settings option.
- Tap on “notification.”
- On the notification screen, tap on app notification.
- Now scroll until you see WhatsApp and toggle it on.
- After turning it on, you can customize the notification style based on your preference.
Recommended: How to charge Galaxy Watch
How to Reply to WhatsApp Messages on Galaxy Watch 5
Once you start receiving notifications on your Galaxy watch, you might feel It is only an avenue to see what message was sent.
But you can reply and even go as far as adding an emoji to your reply.
If you are curious about how to do that, read the procedures below.
- Once you get alert on your Galaxy Watch
- Swipe from left to right to see the WhatsApp notification.
- Tap the message to read the full message
- You can type on the input bar to reply or scroll down to see a default response.
- After typing your response, tap on the send icon.
WhatsApp Galaxy Watch 4 Apk
You cannot install WhatsApp on the Galaxy Watch. The Galaxy Watch can only install compatible apps. and WhatsApp isn’t compatible as an app with your Galaxy W.
However, you can use WhatsApp on your Galaxy Watch if you have it installed on your smartphone.
You only need to pair both the smartphone and the watch with the Galaxy Wearable app.
Recommended: How to make calls on Galaxy watch without a phone
WhatsApp Notifications not Showing on Galaxy Watch 4
The process of enabling your WhatsApp notifications from displaying on your Galaxy Watch is a stress-free procedure. If you landed here from Google, look up the heading above to locate how to enable WhatsApp notifications.
Once you’ve enabled it and you are still not seeing any notifications, here are the steps you need to take to troubleshoot it.
- Ensure your watch band isn’t metal, as it can interfere with Bluetooth connections.
- Also, check to see if the watch is connected to your smartphone.
- Confirm from the watch settings if you haven’t done so by navigating to the Galaxy Wearable app > Watch settings > Notifications > See all notification settings
- Update your operating system to the latest version. To do that, go to the homepage, then watch the software update. Download and install.
Galaxy Watch 5 WhatsApp Call
The WhatsApp calling feature was released on the galaxy watch 5, however, it might not work on the watch 4 for now unless you update your galaxy watch OS and your WhatsApp to WhatsApp for Android beta v126.96.36.199.
Once you’ve done that, use another WhatsApp ID to call your line and see if it will appear on your Galaxy Watch.
The procedure is fairly simple, as you will be notified of a notification that you can respond to on your Galaxy Watch.
How to Get WhatsApp on Galaxy Watch Active 2
You cannot install WhatsApp on your Galaxy Watch; you can only pair your Galaxy Watch with a compatible smartphone that has WhatsApp installed on it.
If you do that, just turn on the notification to see your WhatsApp messages.
Galaxy Watch 4 WhatsApp Call
Presently, the WhatsApp call feature is available for the Galaxy Watch 5 if you are using WhatsApp for Android beta v188.8.131.52. But for Galaxy version 4, there is no proof yet, but some replies to this thread have confirmed that it works on Galaxy version 4.
Figuring out How to Get WhatsApp on Galaxy Watch 5 is a great way to stay connected while on the go. Coupled with the voice assistant and notification features, it’s even easier to stay connected with your contacts. So, why not give it a try?