Screen recording on Android devices is such an amazing feature. If you want to save a particular part of a video you love while playing on your phone, you can do it and even more. All you need do is relax and scroll to the end of this article as we show you how to screen record on Android devices.
Google’s mobile operating system, Android 11, now has a built-in screen recorder, but for earlier phones, there are several third-party apps available that work just fine as well. With a few minor adjustments here and there, the screen recording procedure is the same across platforms.
Fortunately, the procedure is not too complicated. In this article, we will look at how to screen record on Android directly and using a few third-party apps.
Screenshot Vs Screen Recording
Simply put, a screenshot is a still picture. Screen recordings are videos of your screen. The former is useful for saving images, recipes, websites, etc., while the latter is fantastic for saving videos and creating tutorials, among other things.
Recommended: How to screen record on iPhone
How to Screen Record on Android Devices
The most recent Android devices (Android 10 and up) include a screen recorder. If you have an older device, you will need to use a third-party screen recording app.
When you record the screen on your updated Android device, you have the option of recording it with or without sound. The following steps will show you how to screen record on Android:
- Begin by opening your Android device.
- The screen recording app is accessible via the notification panel.
- Swipe down on this panel to access the “Quick Settings” menu.
- To access the “Quick Settings,” swipe the top notifications bar down twice (the first time reveals the menu while the second time opens it up).
- Then, click on the “Screen Record” button.
- Choose whether to record with audio and whether you want the app to show where you touch the screen while recording.
- Slide the corresponding toggles to the right to activate one or both functions.
- Tap “Start” to begin the recording.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen after you have completed recording, then tap the red “Tap to Stop” Screen Recorder message.
- These recordings will be saved on your Android device in your media files, the standard camera roll, or the gallery.
In case you can’t locate the screen record option in the Menu, use the methods below to add it:
- Tap the More menu icon in the top right corner after swiping down from the screen’s top (this may vary depending on the manufacturer).
- Click on the Edit Button.
- Until you see the Screen Record icon, scroll to the right.
- To add it to your notification panel, simply tap it.
- At the bottom left menu corner of some models, there may be a “Customize” icon (This is the icon with the pencil.)
- Find the “Screen Recorder” icon and move it to the screen’s top.
- Now, it will be accessible from the Quick Settings menu.
- To exit this screen, click the small arrow.
That’s it! You have successfully screen recorded on an Android device. However, if you don’t use Android 11 and above, you can use the method stated below.
How to Screen Record on Android using AZ Screen Recorder
You can download several third-party apps that will help you in doing this if your Android device does not already have a screen recorder.
One such application is the AZ Screen Recorder. Although it is free to download, in-app adverts are present. For a little amount, you can upgrade to the version without ads. It also has several other features, such as the ability to launch live videos and take screenshots. The app works with Android versions 5.0 and higher. Follow the steps below to screen record on Android using an AB recorder:
- You may get AZ Screen Recorder from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app once it has been successfully installed.
- To have the Screen Recorder display over other apps, follow the on-screen instructions.
- A series of six icons, one red and five smaller white ones, will appear on your screen.
- The white icon with the red camera inside it should be tapped.
- Click on “Start Now.” Your screen is currently being recorded.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen once you are done recording.
- You will see a tiny AZ Recorder menu bar appear.
- To pause or stop recording, click on the square icon or the two vertical lines.
- As soon as you click on “Stop,” your video will be saved to your gallery.
How to Screen Record on Android via XRecorder
In case you don’t like AZ Recorder, you can as well try XRecorder, it’s another screen recording app. It provides comparable functionality, but some users find the interface to be more user-friendly. You can download the app for free from Google Play, or pay a small fee to remove the in-app advertisements. Here’s how to record your screen on Android using XRecorder:
- Install the app by downloading it from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app after it has been installed.
- Click on “Video” at the bottom of the screen, then “Record” to begin recording your screen.
- You can pause or stop recording by dragging down the “Notification Shade” at the top of your screen.
You can also enable or disable audio and change the orientation of the recording using the app’s settings. You can also take screenshots with XRecorder.
How to Screen Record on Android using the Super Screen Recorder
Using the ad-supported Super Screen Recorder, you can record your screen, take screenshots, and more. You can take pictures, film videos, and make drawings on your screen using the pop-up overlay. You can also add features like a front-facing camera window, a floating brush icon, and live video. Here are the steps to using it to record your screen:
- Install the Super Screen Recorder after downloading it.
- To expand the panel, click the Video Settings button.
- Set the audio to your specifications.
- To access Record Tools, click on “Start.”
- After resizing the Record window to match the screen, click on “Record.” to start recording.
How to Screen Record on Android using Google Play Games
As a gamer, you may want to record your screen while playing a game and upload it to YouTube later. Google Play Games is a free app created just for this purpose.
Although the app can only record in 420p or 720p, you can include any video captured by your front-facing camera. Here’s how to record your Android screen via Google Play Games:
- Install Google Play Games from the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Launch the app and choose a game to play. (You can play a game that was pre-installed or one that you downloaded yourself.)
- Then, to view the game’s details, click on the thumbnail and then press the “Record” button at the top of the screen.
- Then, before pressing “Launch,” you can choose the video quality (A moving video bubble will appear).
- This allows you to customize your video settings, such as your microphone and recording.
- Move the bubble around the screen to find the best location for it.
- Select the red record button.
- Before Google Play Games begin recording your screen, a three-second timer will play.
- The recording will be stopped if you press the same button again.
- You can also stop the recording by swiping the floating bubble over the “X” in the centre of the screen.
Where are Screen Recordings Saved?
Your finished product may be located in the Gallery or Picture app on your phone, depending on the settings on your device and how you recorded your screen. Screen Recordings is a special folder that is included on most Android 10 or newer devices. However, it can be in another folder or the screenshots folder.
With this guide on how to record screen on Android devices with or without 3rd-party apps you should be able to record your phone screen without stress.