Suppose you recently acquired an Amazon Firestick and you are looking for a guide on how to add your Amazon Firestick to a Samsung TV here is a guide we recommend for you.
We will describe everything you need to know about adding your Amazon Firestick to a Samsung TV.
Video streaming is fast becoming the standard way of watching TV, giving access to entertainment content from streaming platforms like Netflix, HBO Max, and Hulu.
Amazon Firestick is one of the most popular streaming devices that can be used for a seamless video streaming experience. If you use a Samsung TV, it is pretty easy to add your Amazon Firestick to a Samsung TV.
So, if you are lost in the game, this article will walk you through all the steps you need to follow to add your Firestick to your Samsung smart TV.
What are the Types of Firestick you can use for your Samsung TV?
You have to ensure that the Firestick is compatible with your TV Before you can add your Amazon Firestick to a Samsung TV
The Amazon Firestick comes in three models:
The Amazon Lite Firestick is the basic Firestick that only focuses on streaming and does not have additional features on its remote to control TVs.
The Amazon standard Firestick is a step above the lite, with better controls for smart TVs, 1080p video streaming quality, and a better processor.
The Amazon 4k Firestick is the top of the range in the Firestick models that has all the features of the standard Firestick and supports streaming video content in 4k, with other excellent features.
Every model of the Firestick comes integrated with voice commands, so you can easily control it using Alexa.
Depending on your video streaming needs, you can add any Amazon Firestick model to your Samsung TV for an excellent streaming experience.
You can also check out How to Pair Firestick Remote to TV
Requirements Necessary to Add Your Amazon Firestick to a Samsung TV
Before adding your Amazon Firestick to a Samsung TV, specific requirements must be met, and we will discuss them in this section of the article.
- Excellent Internet Connection: Before you can add Amazon Firestick to Samsung TV, you need to ensure that you have a good internet connection, as you cannot stream using the Amazon Firestick without the internet.
- HDMI Compatibility: A HDMI cable is required to connect the Amazon Firestick to a Samsung TV, so you need to ensure that the HDMI cable you are connecting to your TV’s HDMI port has the proper resolution to transmit your content.
Once you have put the necessary requirements in place, you can go to the next section of this article to learn how to add your Amazon Firestick to a Samsung TV.
How to Add Your Amazon Firestick to a Samsung TV
If you have the requirements put in place, you can follow the instructions below to add your Amazon Firestick to a Samsung TV.
- Connect your USB cord to the Amazon Firestick USB port, plug the other end into a power adapter, and connect the adapter to a power source.
- Then plug your Firestick into the HDMI port of your Samsung TV and turn on the TV.
- Then go to your TV’s HDMI input selection menu, click on the HDMI port you have connected your Firestick to, follow any on-screen instructions, and wait for the process to complete automatically.
Once you have completed the setup, you can stream any video content you choose using your Amazon Firestick on your Samsung TV.
How to Set Up Amazon Firestick Remote
Once you have successfully added your Amazon Firestick to your Samsung TV, setting up the Firestick remote for an excellent user experience is next.
You can set up your Amazon Firestick remote by following the instructions below.
- Go to the battery compartment of your remote, remove the cover, and input the two AAA batteries that came with the remote.
- Then press and hold the home button of your remote for about 10 seconds to put the Firestick in discovery mode and automatically pair it with the remote.
- Then press the play/pause button, highlight your preferred language, and the ok button.
- You can also pair the remote to the TV if you want to use the power and volume controls.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to set up your Firestick remote, and you can start using it.
How to Restart Firestick on Samsung TV
If you are having issues using Firestick on your Samsung TV, you can restart the Firestick to wipe off your data and restore the Firestick to its factory default.
You can restart your Firestick by following the instructions below.
- Press and hold down the select and play/pause buttons for approximately five seconds or until the reset menu appears on your screen.
- Then use the arrow keys to highlight the reset button and press the select button to choose it.
- Then wait for the Firestick to restart and return to its default settings.
Once you have been able to restart the Firestick, you can use it to confirm that it is now functioning as expected.
How Do I Connect My Firestick to My Samsung TV
The Firestick is an excellent device for video streaming from platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and HBO Max.
To connect the Firestick to your Samsung TV, you will need to ensure that you have excellent internet access and your Samsung TV is HDMI compliant with a functioning HDMI port and cable.
If you have met all the requirements, you can connect your Firestick to your Samsung TV by following the instructions below.
- Connect the Firestick’s UBS cable to the Micro USB port on the Firestick.
- Then connect the other end of the cable to the power adapter.
- Now connect your Firestick to your Samsung TV’s HDMI port.
- Then turn on your TV and select the HDMI input to see the HDMI menu on your screen.
- Then follow any on-screen instructions that might appear to complete the process.
Once you have followed the instructions above and successfully connected your Firestick to your Samsung TV, you can start using the Firestick for your video streaming.
This article has explained the requirement and given a detailed guide on how you can add your Amazon Firestick to a Samsung TV. We also looked at how you can restart the Firestick to restore it to its factory settings if it is not functioning as expected.