If there is one DirecTV and Firestick feature to use is the ability to install DirecTV app on Firestick. I know there is a lot of demands to use DirecTV on Firestick without Jailbreak. And now that DirecTV Now app is working perfectly on Firestick you should learn how you can download the DirecTV app, install, and use it on your Firestick.
Know that you don’t need to have multiple DirecTV account before you can use DirecTV on Firestick. A single DirecTV account works on all smart devices including Firestick, Amazon Fire TV, and even on your TV box.
So, while planning to how to download DirecTV app on Firestick and how to install DirecTV app on Firestick there is no reason why you should bother yourself with how to get DirecTV on-demand TV channel subscription.
If you are shortsighted with the information regarding DirecTV we recommend this comprehensive guide on DirecTV. You will also need the Firestick remote. So, if your Firestick remote is not working lay your hand on this recommended article on how to fix Firestick remote not working.
And finally, make sure you upgrade your Firestick firmware to be able to run DirecTV app on your Firestick. And to fix “can’t find DirecTV app on your Firestick.”
So, let’s go straight to how to download the DirecTV app on Firestick.
How to Download DirecTV App on Firestick
These are three different methods that we will consider in this guide to get the DirecTV app on your Firestick. Following any of the procedures, you will be able to install DirecTV on your Firestick at the end.
- Download and install the DirecTV app on Firestick directly from the Amazon app store.
- Install the DirecTV app on Firestick using Downloader.
- Download the DirecTV app on your Firestick with the help of ES File Explorer.
With all these methods you can start to run the DirecTV app on your Firestick device.
How to Download and Install DirecTV App on Firestick Directly from Amazon App Store
For a non-techie Firestick owner. Follow the steps in this section to download and install the DirecTV app on the Firestick device you own without jailbreaking it.
- Press the Firestick home button.
- Hover the mouse pointer to the search box on the home screen and press “OK.”
- Use the remote to type and search for “DirecTV Now (AT&T TV Now).
- A list of apps will appear. Select the “AT & T TV” from the list.
- To download the DirecTV app tap on the “Get” button.
Wait for the DirecTV app to download and install on your Firestick. Now, the DirecTV app is ready for use on your Firestick.
How to Install DirecTV App on Firestick using ES File Explorer
This is a bit complex method to install the DirecTV app on Firestick but it works just as when you download the DirecTV Now app from the Amazon app store.
- Download and install the ES File Explorer on your Firestick from the Amazon app store.
- Press the home button, locate the ES File Explorer app and open it.
- Tap on the “Download icon.
- Tap on the add (+) icon and paste the DirecTV app Firestick download link “https://bit.ly/2XGsHoz” without the link.
- Select the “Download” button to start downloading the “DirecTV app on your Firestick.
- Select the “Next” button once the download is completed.
- To install the DirecTV app on your Firestick now, tap on the “Install” button and the process will begin.
After a couple of seconds, the DirecTV app installation process will be completed and it’ll be ready for use on your Firestick.
How to Download DirecTV App on Firestick using Downloader App
This method is similar to how to get the DirecTV app on Firestick using ES File Explorer. However, you first need to install the downloader app on your Firestick so as to be able to download and install the DirecTV app on your Firestick.
- Download and install the downloader app on your Firestick. We recommend the approach in this guide if you have shortsighted on how to download and install the download app on your Firestick with or without the ES File Explorer.
- Open the downloader app and enter the DirecTV app download URL: https://bit.ly/2XGsHoz
- Tap on the “Go” button to download the “DirecTV Now app” on your Firestick. This might take a couple of seconds or go to minutes to complete the download of 42MB DirecTV app.
- Once the download process is completed tap on the “Next” button and then “Install.”
- After a couple of seconds the “DirecTV app” will be successfully installed on your Firestick.
And now, your DirecTV app on Firestick will be ready for use.
How to Install DirecTV APK on Firestick
With the DirecTV APK on Firestick, you can watch DirecTV on-demand TV service on your Firestick. However, this requires you to side the APK app on the Firestick with the “install from unknown sources” option enabled.
- Press the home button your Firestick remote to return to the home screen.
- Go to settings >> My Fire TV >> Developer Options >> Apps from Unknown Source >> Turn On.
- Download the DirecTV APK to your flash drive or external drive and connect it to our Firestick.
- Locate the drive and click on the DirecTV_apk app and follow the instruction on the screen to install the DirecTV APK successfully on your Firestick.
Next, we will consider how to use DirecTV App on Firestick. The hardest part is to install DirecTV on your Firestick and we are through with that.
How to Use DirecTV App on Firestick
The last lapse of this tutorial of how to install DirecTV app on Firestick is how to use the DirecTV app on your Firestick after you have successfully installed the DirecTV app.
- Switch on Firestick and press the home button you the Firestick remote.
- Locate the DirecTV app and open it.
- Sign in to your DirecTV account on the DirecTV app on your Firestick.
- You can start exploring the DirecTV app on your Firestick on the go.
And now you should be able to use DirecTV app with Firestick.
Fix DirecTV App not Working on Firestick
Following the successful installation of the DirecTV app on Firestick everything should be working fine. However, if the DirecTV app not working on Firestick after all the above procedures bake your day goes wrong, follow the procedures below to fix it.
- Go to your Firestick settings.
- Select “Applications.”
- Select “Manage Applications.”
- Select “DirecTV Now app.”
- Select “Clear Cache.”
- Select “Clear Data.”
- And finally, select “Force Stop.”
Now, restart the DirecTV app and it shoul be working fine now.