You have just two weeks to link your phone number to your NIN registration database. Otherwise, your phone number will be blocked. To avoid this havoc, we have compiled a list of methods on how to link phone number to NIN registration on MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9Mobile.
Although, there is still a contemplation that FG and NIMC will consider an extension for Telecom users to be able to link their NIN to their phone number as two weeks duration is considered too short.
But before then, take advantage of this post and capitalize on it to link your NIN and phone number registration together using USSD and online web as discussed here.
How to Check NIN Number
You will need this to link your NIN to your phone number. So, I am going to suggest some ways you can follow to find your NIN 11-digits number.
- Dial *346# on your phone for your NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9Mobile.
- Type “1” for “NIN Retrieval if you are using the same phone number you used to enrol for your NIN registration.
- You will be charged N20 for the service.
Note: You can also find your NIN number on your NIN slip if you have it within your reach.
Take note of the 11-digits NIN number. We are gonna use it to link NIN to MTN/Airtel/Glo phone number below.
How to Link MTN to NIN using USSD Code
To link your MTN phone number to your NIN using USSD code follow the procedures below.
- Dial *785# on your MTN phone number.
- Enter your 11 digits NIN.
- Tap “Send.”
Your MTN phone number will be linked to your NIN automatically. But, if the confirmation message said the linking is failed, wait for a couple of minutes and retry the process.
How to Link Airtel Phone Number to NIN
To link your national identity number (NIN) with your SIM registration data on Airtel Nigeria using a USSD code follow the procedures below.
- Dial *121# on the Airtel SIM you want to link with your NIN.
- Type “1” to capture your NIN and hit send.
- Enter your 11-digits NIN number and click on send.
Your Airtel SIM registration should be linked with your NIN registration. If it fails, attempt the procedures again.
How to Link MTN to NIN Online
MTN Telecom already created a platform that allows all MTN subscribers to submit their NIN number and link to their MTN SIM registration online.
- Go to mtnonline.com/nin on a web browser.
- Enter your first name, second name, and maiden name.
- Input the MTN phone number.
- Enter the 11-digits national identity number (NIN).
- Enter your email address to receive the link up confirmation.
- Tap on “Submit.”
Note: Providing your NIN personal information to MTN Nigeria grant them permission to use your data as intended.
How to Link Glo Line to NIN Online
The link Glo line to NIN online helps to verify your NINC database. So, to link your National Identification Number (NIN) with your Glo SIM registration details follow the procedures below.
- Go to gloworld.com/ng/nin on your web browser.
- Provide your full names in the column provided.
- Enter the Glo phone number you want to link to NIN.
- Enter your 11-digits national identity number.
- Provide a valid email address for Glo customer care to be able to contact you.
- Provide a valid answer to the “Verification” question.
- Tap “Submit.”
How to Link NIN to 9Mobile Online
To link NIN to your 9mobile phone number online follow the procedures I am about to share with you.
- Go to 9Mobile.com.ng/nin
- Click on “Verify and link your NIN now.
- You will be redirected to https://nin.9mobile.com.ng/
- Enter your 9Mobile phone number and click on “Next.”
- Fill out the personal information online form.
- Enter your NIN 11-digits number.
- Click on “Submit.
How to Link NIN to 9Mobile using USSD Code
Apart from the 9Mobile online portal, you can also link your NIN to your 9Mobile phone number with 9Mobile NIN USSD code.
- Dial *200*8# on your 9Mobile
- Enter your NIN 11-digits number.
- Click on “Send.”
Link NIN to Glo Number using SMS
Glo telecom allows subscribers to update their NIN via SIM and link to their phone number to protect their SIM from being blocked according to the NCC directive.
- Open your phone message and click on “Send message”
- Tupe “UpdateNIN, NIN, FirstName, LastName”
- Sned to “109.”
Link NIN to MTN/Glo/Airtel/9Mobile
In summary, dial the following USSD code to link your NIN to your phone number.
- MTN: Dial *785#
- Glo: None
- Airtel: Dial *121#
- 9Mobile: Dial *200*8#